Virtual Bart

dman360

Banned
just wondering if this game is good because I was in a game store and I saw it for the super Nintendo and I'm thinking about buying it should I buy it or not ? :confused:

I would get, I don't even have a Super Nintendo.
I would get it for the sheer bragging rights, it's basically a collectible now.

Its controls can be a little stiff. It has lot of early simpsons spirit.
It's no The Simpsons arcade game but there's a few cool missions like the Tomato throwing or the baby Bart swinging.

Its controls can be a little stiff. It has lot of early simpsons spirit.
It's no The Simpsons arcade game but there's a few cool missions like the Tomato throwing or the baby Bart swinging.

so should I buy it not ?

As a collectable, go for it. Especially if it still has the box and manual.

But if you're after a game you actually want to play, then it's probably a good idea to avoid it, it's hard and not particularly a fun experience.

$17.99 is pretty steep for the game, especially if it's just the cartridge. Granted, it is a bit hard to find, but it's not exactly one of those quality titles that's always in demand. I probably wouldn't pay more than 5 bucks for cart only.

I mean, I bought a Complete In Box copy in immaculate condition a year or two back(I posted about it here I think, maybe at Boards and Rec) for something like $8. Yeah, here it is: http://www.boardsandrec.com/showpost.php?p=2869495&postcount=415

Last edited:
$17.99 is pretty steep for the game, especially if it's just the cartridge. Granted, it is a bit hard to find, but it's not exactly one of those quality titles that's always in demand. I probably wouldn't pay more than 5 bucks for cart only.

I mean, I bought a Complete In Box copy in immaculate condition a year or two back(I posted about it here I think, maybe at Boards and Rec) for something like $8. Yeah, here it is: http://www.boardsandrec.com/showpost.php?p=2869495&postcount=415

wow that's pretty cool, 8$ wow you got a deal there man. ;)

Yeah, but I have two(really three, one of them has two locations) great video game shops in my area(Hampton Roads, VA), and they offer pretty good prices for old games. I also have all three DKC games CIB in great shape, and I didn't pay more than $20 for each of them. Also saw a mint sealed first edition of Majora's Mask once, and they only wanted $60 for it. They also regularly sell top loader NES's, SNES Jr's, Game Gears/Nomads, and even Famicom/Super Famicoms. Shit, they had a Sega CDX(a combo of the Genesis and the Sega CD consoles) the other week for $80, a really great price for an otherwise hard to find item. I damn near bought it too, and part of me wishes I would have.

As an aside, I've never played my copy, even though I originally intended to. It's sat in the box the whole time I've had it.

I think it's worth mentioning that the Japanese version of Virtual Bart is one of the rarest Genesis games. It sold poorly due to Bart's unpopularity in the East.

As an aside, I've never played my copy, even though I originally intended to. It's sat in the box the whole time I've had it.

And that's the way to go when it comes to Virtual Bart. This is definitely one of those games only worth recommending to collectors.

I don't think he'll reply, because he is permabanned.

Anyway, I've always liked Virtual Bart, it was hard, but it was also entertaining. The game however is now like a fortune, so I'm glad I brought my copy years ago.

I don't think he'll reply, because he is permabanned.

Anyway, I've always liked Virtual Bart, it was hard, but it was also entertaining. The game however is now like a fortune, so I'm glad I brought my copy years ago.

Oh oops, I didn't realize until you mentioned it. That's awesome you have a copy. Which system do you have it for, out of curiosity? The SNES one looks a bit better but I was always a Sega kid.

Also, is it okay on this site to bump super old threads like this (ideally the OP isn't banned)? Some places it's not but I often see old topics I'd really like to reply to.

I have it on the SNES.

There has been some old topics bumped recently, and no one's got in trouble, so as long if they are not very old (like 10+ years old) then give it a bump. Also, don't do it too often.

Back