Vidya Games Thread: Nintendo Edition

I think it's more of a case that they're dragging on his announcement. He really should have been one of the first few revealed but the time they're taking to confirm him must mean he's getting a few changes.
Personally I'd just have an update where Yoshi, Falcon, Ganondorf and such are fighting. That would get a few predictable updates out of the way.

Shit I didn't know the new DKCR game was out. Curse my lack of a Wii U! Thinking about also getting a cheap playstation 3 as well, cause for some reason despite having access to one for like a year I completely neglected to buy and play anyone of the Ratchet And Clank Future games despite the original trilogy on Ps2 being an absolute favorite of mine.

Guacamelee is now coming to the Wii U, it was on the ps3 and pc last year and is now coming to every console. This was one of my favorite games of 2013 If you like metroidvania like games you'll like this, its such a great game.

Haha, nice. I love the SSF2 intro parody. I might have to check that out!

I'm about half-way through Yoshi's New Island. In many ways, it makes for a fine companion to the original Mario World 2. I'm glad they took out the "multiple babies" mechanic, one which I think really disrupted the flow of Yoshi's Island DS. What I do miss, though, is the use of the second screen for "tall" levels; instead, the bottom screen is the obligatory status screen. Level design is occasionally novel, bosses range from ridiculously easy to somewhat tough, and hundred-percenting lot of these levels will prove to be tough but mostly fair challenges. If you liked Mario World 2, you'll feel right at home in Yoshi's New Island, if not overcome by a sense of deja vu.

the year of luigi is over

image.php

yesterday me and a friend went to Game Stop and i played a level of Super Mario 3D World on the Wii U.

fell in love with it like instantly. I'm not much of a gamer but pretty much anything Mario-related is awesome in my book; and this game looks amazing just based on the first level i played.

I think I'm going to buy a Wii U. It has a lot of good games I presume? I was looking yesterday and I really want Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, New Super Luigi U, and I think there's a New Super Mario Bros. Wii U game I saw.

Damn it i need money :(

[MENTION=27138]Skylark Jones[/MENTION], I'm still waiting for the mysterious new franchise that will kick the Wii U into gear, but I'll admit that the Mario games for the Wii U, particularly 3D World, are indeed very good. You may also like DKC: Tropical Freeze if you enjoyed DKC Returns. I'm afraid that, except for Kung Fu Rabbit, I have no other titles to recommend at this time. Even then, that's not a console exclusive, which defeats the purpose if you have a Vita or wouldn't mind playing it on a mobile device.

I've played through some like TANK! TANK! TANK!, Blok Drop U and have dabbled in The Wonderful 101 and Warriors Orochi 3, but I'm afraid their quality is dubious at best. If you're strapped for cash, I would wait to pick up a Wii U but, if your Wii isn't working any more or if there are still some hidden gems on the Wii you would like to try, then by all means consider it.

I don't need a huge collection to start off, if I just got the games you and I mentioned(or even if I just got one or two of them at first and got the rest later), it generally takes a little while for me to beat video games.

If you grew up on platformers, DKC: Tropical Freeze is amazing. The design is challenging, detailed and creative. Not for the easily-frustrated though, there's a bit of a learning curve if you didn't play Returns. For someone like me that enjoys a tough (but well-designed) platformer, it was right up my alley.

I'd also like to give a shout-out to Pikmin 3. Not the longest game, but really polished and good fun. Probably the best of the series.

I really hope we don't have to wait until the end of the year until the big titles start getting released on Wii U. I'm dying to play Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros and Watch Dogs on console. At the moment I've only got New Super Mario Bros U, Super Mario 3D World and a couple of NES virtual console games.

i have never enjoyed playing any first party Nintendo titles

am i allergic to them or something

i'm being serious here

i just don't like the gameplay, (nonexistant) story, and art direction in literally every nintendo title i have ever played

got my taxes back and seriously considering getting a 2DS(would get 3DS but it's more expensive and I don't wanna spend too much) a long with a game. problem is i can't decide what game.

I was considering Super Mario DS, because as I've said before Super Mario 64 is one of my favorite games of all time, but I've played it so many times and it wouldn't be a challenge(but it would be fun).

If not that, I was thinking Super Mario 3D Land. Now, I know it's got 3D in the title, but it can be played on the 2DS, can't it? Just without the 3D? I'd be OK with that; I just want to play the game. It would be a new game, new challenge, and could potentially take a little while to complete.

So basically I dunno if I should go with what I know or get a new game. This should be an easy decision but nostalgia hit me when I saw Super Mario 64 DS and remembered all the good times on that and the original 64 version.

Also upcoming games I want:

-Pokemon X or Y
-Mario Kart 7
-Donkey Kong Country Returns
-whatever the newest Mario and Luigi game is

but right now I want either Super Mario 64 DS or Super Mario 3D Land. I could get both actually but I'd rather get one and get the other after I've completed whichever I get

Back