Very unpopular opinions.

When you get over the initial canonical issues, it really is a wonderfully mediocre episode. Great songs, too, something the show doesn't know how to do anymore. Just their band title alone, "Sadgasm", almost makes up for names like "Funtendo Zii".

I'm pretty forgiving with newer episodes, but I draw the line at retroactively changing some of the most important and beloved Simpsons lore. It may have been good on its own, but it doesn't hold a candle to that which it overturned.

You're damn right with the unpopular part.

Kirk Van Houten is a really underlooked character that I can relate to. Is that unpopular a thought?

I agree with both Diversity Pumpkin and Haoie's confessions, so maybe they are not so unpopular.

I thought That 90s Show was a decent Homer-Marge relationship for modern standards once you forget about continuity issues. I really cared about their relationship in this one, the satire on Nirvana and grunge was pretty decent and the direction had some inspired parts . The use of Bittersweet Symphony in the octopus scene, for example. That's a scene I actually remember for its audio/visuals. Other recent episodes are so meh in their visuals that I barely remember anything.

And yeah, Kirk Van Houten is awesome. But they should have kept him divorced. The more depressed and pathetic the funnier and more charming.

I like that 90s show too. People need to get off their high horse sometimes and just take an episode for what it is, just like The Principal and The Pauper. Take it at face value and it really isn't that bad

Season 10 is actually mostly good, and far better than any of Jean's solo seasons.
Season 13 is overrated and contains some of the worst stories ever written.
Bart Gets an Elephant is one of the funniest episodes in Season 5.

Season 10 is actually mostly good, and far better than any of Jean's solo seasons.
Season 13 is overrated and contains some of the worst stories ever written.
Bart Gets an Elephant is one of the funniest episodes in Season 5.
Okay, I'm confused. I know most opinions here use sarcasm... but uh... did you really mean it, because I find some things true and a few other things not true.

I gave [MENTION=40145]HMS pinafore[/MENTION] a thumbs up only because that is a unpopular opinion. Jean seasons 14-18 are actually not bad and I would easily take them over any Scully season.

I found seasons 21 and 22 relatively tolerable and consider them the best of the latter-day Jean seasons. That's not really a compliment, though.

Season 10 is actually pretty good, I find Season 5 to be a bit better than 6, and I never have really liked the song "Spring in Springfield".

elaborate [MENTION=25429]melody nelson[/MENTION]
i just think it's a boring, weak effort without any redeeming qualities - it's humourless, the story is lame, and i see no emotional value

i cannot articulate why i think some things are funny. but ''lisa's wedding' is just not funny.

I believe that...

* "Mr Plow" is a below average episode
* Season 10 is better than season 9
* Bart is the worst main character
* "Holidays of Future Passed" is an extremely overrated episode

Many others don't...

I believe that...

Many others don't...
I agree with you on the Season 9 and 10 thing and the thing about Holidays of Future Passed, but I loved Mr. Plow. D: And Bart has a lot of hilarious quotes. There are a lot, so...

"I'll do it this afternooooooon!"

They've slightly ruined Bart's character, first you wanted to tell him off for being a brat but now he's an adorably mischievous little scamp with a face that makes a puppy look like a blobfish........it ain't right!

i just think it's a boring, weak effort without any redeeming qualities - it's humourless, the story is lame, and i see no emotional value

i cannot articulate why i think some things are funny. but ''lisa's wedding' is just not funny.

fair enough really. the more i think about it some bits of the story are lame, as are some unnecessary future jokes. but i do see emotional value in it, so overall i think it's a perfectly good episode. not amazing, but standard classic quality

I believe that...

Many others don't...

I agree with you that 10 is better than 9 and that HOFP is overrated. But I disagree that Bart is the worst main character, and I strongly disagree that Mr. Plow is below average.

I'd place Lisa's Wedding in season 9 and see no differences.

And you all know I hate season 9.

Back