US Politics (Office of the Former President Appreciation Thread)

To be faaaair, I wasn't thumbing hutz in defense of Luke's actions; I was agreeing with his observation that this board is obsessed with banning people.

tbh bet he just realized he should "change his mind" because he knows we would never let it go

and piss off, panther

Panther, you're just salty that people aren't willing to forget your rape plot. Stop playing the victim.

yay hyped for his next stunning general discussion attempt

[MENTION=3954]Ryan[/MENTION] what about those shitty Simps clips on YouTube trying to be topical? Maybe that inspired him to pick a side.

Don't they try some lame attempt to be bipartisan? I haven't watched them but I'm pretty sure the staff is anti-Trump

All I can really remember of them is that one had Homer saying he'd vote Trump but then Marge withholds sex and he looks to the camera and goes "And that's how I became a democrat".

how do you guys interact with people in your daily lives? hutz has been one of the best members here for years and then he makes one misguided post and you're all "fuck you hutz you shouldn't be a mod." obviously luke should be banned but if you're first reaction to a disagreement is to get mad and gang up on the other person and sometimes force them to leave (not talking specifically about this case), that's how these liberal bubbles are formed and that's how trump wins.

hutz is a nice fun guy who I like chatting with and who makes good posts who I think should not have ever been given responsibilities on the board. I have felt the same way for awhile and nothing has changed that.

He can be a good member and still not be a good mod. I think I'm a fine member but I know I shouldn't be a mod. Sorry I got no patience for people putting on a nazi character and then Getting defended by a mod by saying "where's the proof" when the proof was two posts above.

hutz has made more than one misguided attempt at modding or lack thereof btw thats why I feel the way I do and why many seem to agree. im not trying to dogpile the guy im saying what I think and I hope making my voice heard will help get things done. it seems to work?

I admit to going overboard, but hutz' behavior when we pointed out that Luke was a neo-nazi was very frustrating since the proof was right in front of his eyes.

I take back the "You idiot" part. Hutz is usually a pretty great and funny guy.

Will go on record as saying I like Hutz, but then again I never told him to fuck off or anything like that when he asked for proof so I assume I'm not specifically targeted in that post Inmate made.

I think a lot of the left on here do a good job educating as well, not just shouting down people. Tbh there's been times when we've been too aggressive on here but i'm really struggling to see the problem with calling out a mod fails to notice neo-Nazi comments literally scrawled over a users profile and comments. The language may not have been necessary but people are particularly fragile and scared when a reactionary populist nationalist just got elected leader of the free world.

imean with luke's history too you shouldn't have given him the benefit of the doubt. we all knew his positions, even if he wasn't as vocal as xaiv.

one snarky post isn't very strong proof tho. and I realize Luke has a history of being a shit member but until someone pointed out his usertitle, it seemed pretty thin to start dishing out bans on those pretenses.

but like inmate said, how do you deal with shit people in your day-to-day lives? you ignore them or you confront them.
you don't ban them from your life. obviously this forum is a little different from the real world but shouting BAN at every opportunity leads to a homogeneity of opinions and thoughts on the board which leads us nowhere and makes for a rather unstimulating forum experience.

but yeah sure I'm the bad guy who wants to enable neo-nazis sure

well i suppose we could keep people like luke on the board then and argue with them on a regular basis, which also would be to the ire of certain people.

Back