US Politics (Office of the Former President Appreciation Thread)

Lol, It would suprise me if this guy has still a bit of remaining sanity.
Like people said, the best we can hope is an imcompetent president basically doing nothing important for the next 4 years

Yeah but didn't he once say he'd run for this party because the voters are stupid?

Live in hope. 0.00001% chance.

I’m just hoping that he was just blowing smoke and he just does nothing in office. Even with a Republican House, Senate and three SCOTUS judges.

no, no there isn't?? he's pandered to white fuckbags his entire life, why wouldn't he now

If we learnt one thing from this election it's that a lot of straight white American style are garbage who'll throw everyone else under the bus to maintain privilege, shouldn't be hard for Trump to win them over again even if he goes back on shit.

still baffled by this. and of course i have my republican family members on fb bragging, celebrating, and posting shitty memes

Yes, the Facebook stuff is painful. Already seen several people talk about the "god emperor" and the "reich". Cringing all morning.

very humble and heartbreaking concession speech from clinton

It's just depressing at this point. Because I'm surrounded by people carrying on around me either being happy about the results or just being like, well it's not like anything is going to change for us. And I just want to yell at them and be like, "Well, you live in caucasian safe suburban Ohio, of course this election doesn't change anything for you." But this election is going to affect large groups in very, very serious ways, people with needs different than ours. And they don't even care. We got ours, screw everyone else.

Nuclear war probably won't happen now that we're BFFs with Russia again.

yeah my mom was reassuring me that everything was going to be alright with me but of course that isn't the point. the election of trump has just ensured the suffering of millions of people, also women like my sister.

sigh at least xaiv has been permabanned

I’m most worried that LGBT+ rights and Roe v. Wade will be repealed. :(

im siting here terrified thinking of what damage pence will do for lgbt rights, all our progress from this decade will be erased and then some. im fucking shaking and I feel like im going to have a panic attack. this shits fucked up

I'm guessing gay marriage goes bye bye for awhile again because fuuuuuck progress

not sure about what else but sure as fuck conversion camps aren't going anywhere anytime soon

seriously the brexit parallels are absolutely mind-boggling and I clearly remember the huge uproar about it being america's "warning" about a possible trump election... and of course motherfuckers go and repeat this shit again

maybe we really just need to do a practice vote and then a real one so people can get their shit together

Speaking of Brexit, gaping anus Nigel Farage said the following today.
I commend Donald Trump for the courage with which he has fought this campaign and I look forward to a closer relationship between the USA and the UK. We now have a President who likes our country and understands our post-Brexit values.
Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...kip-brexit-shocks_uk_582331ffe4b0c2e24ab1e87f

I guess "Post-Brexit values" is what we're calling xenophobia now.

Maybe whatever Democrat gets elected in 2020 will undo the damage Trump might do.

fuuuuk, was in the kitchen and overheard my mother on the phone super happy that trump won. saying "everythings going to change, people will have jobs and we'll have money flowing in". fuck off, what a fucking fool my mother is, we aint rich

one of my supposedly good friends told me this morning that this is god's wrath and i need to repent or some shit, this coming after basically telling him the future is fucked. so worried if this is the average citizen who voted.

At least the reds don’t have a supermajority on either House or Senate.

there is a decent case for the democrats to be more radical but this article is terrible at making it.
it seems to view this vote as almost entirely a counter-revolution to economic liberalism as opposed to social liberalism (with only an almost grudging reference to confronting racism even after previously dismissing the "deplorables" thing), dismisses criticism of russian interference as red scare and is written with so much misdirected venom as to be useless. sanders might have won (but when he failed to enthuse enough black voters in the primaries to win, jury's out tbh) and of course we're now in a post-neoliberal era but the analysis in that post beyond that is bad.

wish I was smart enough to explain to her why shes fucking dead wrong, oh well she'll she by 2018 most likely just how this election will affect her, me and my sister

'Cause Trump is a master businessman, you see. Obscenely rich and with every product imaginable being sold under his brand. That's the primary focus of his whole public image and campaign because he knows people are too stupid to spend the five seconds on google to discover that the vast majority of those businesses immediately crashed and burned or were exposed as scams. He spent decades building up a persona based around having the perfect business acumen and that's what half his campaign got ferried by on the strength of. Makes people feel that if he has such a sterling reputation as a businessman, who better than him to set the economy straight?

Back