Unpopular Opinions!

I guess we're starting this again, but i think season 2 is the shows best seaosn, season 15 is the shows worst, i did not like a single episode, idk if pieman is from that season but i did think that was decent. Also yeah pieman was one of the best middle age episodes, dont know if thats unpopular. Also Marge vs the Monorail is kinda overrated, still a solid 8/10 but not one of the shows best as it is so frequently mentioned as

@Season2isUnderrated Season 2 is one of my favorites as well. I love the grounded, relatable, and down to earth tone of it. It’s a toss up between that one and season 3 for me. Seasons 4-6 are very, very funny of course, but I do miss the almost-realistic feel of the first 3 seasons (mostly realistic, because there are a couple of outliers like Homer At The Bat)

Huh....thought I posted in this thread before, guess I imagined it. I'm going to write down all my unpopular opinions and list them off here...as I feel like I have a LOT of them

"Last Exit to Springfield" is overrated. Sure, it's an excellent episode but I would hardly call it the best of the series or even that season. There are literally dozens of episodes that I would rank higher than it.

I honestly think both the classic seasons and modern seasons are on equal footing. The Simpsons has never lost its greatness. A few crappy episodes here and there, but the show's so-called decline isn't as bad as everyone says it is

I honestly think both the classic seasons and modern seasons are on equal footing. The Simpsons has never lost its greatness. A few crappy episodes here and there, but the show's so-called decline isn't as bad as everyone says it is
Yeah, I agree. While I do feel like something is missing in the Modern Seasons compared to the classic Seasons, I still enjoy it regardless

Also, at least in my opinion, Humor > heart. Part of the glory of this show for me is how it turns its face away from the traditional cheesy sitcom formula of "wholesome family, everyone learns a lesson at the end". It feels so awkward when an episode suddenly shifts to genuinely caring about a character's feelings. There are are some episodes I love that have a good mix of both (e.g. Bart Gets an F, One Fish Two Fish Blowfish Bluefish, Homer vs Lisa and the 8th Commandement), so take this with a grain of salt and a donut.

I personally didn't notice any big decline in quality until the HD episodes, more specifically seasons 22 and 23

I personally didn't notice any big decline in quality until the HD episodes, more specifically seasons 22 and 23
A lot of people still say that season 23 was the lowest point of the show and I always found that odd since 7 or so years ago practically every HD era episode that gets used to say the show could still do good things was in season 23.

The Simpsons has never lost its greatness.
I agree with you, in fact I think that until season 30 I would say that I really enjoy the series even if there are some moments that I don't like, episodes that I think could be better or seasons that I like more than others.

I think my problem with the series is with seasons 31-33, especially the last one; Although there are episodes that I like, I notice that some do not convince me because there is too much dialogue, there is a lack of agility in the scenes and also what he said last month, which gives me the feeling that most of the episodes are episodes of 5 minutes extended to 20.

That is why I prefer the series to end in season 36, I would not like to become a hater of the series and more after being a great defender of it in the past. And in fact, that's why I'm not convinced by the idea that some forum users have that the series reaches 1000 episodes; because if the series continues to seem the same to me since 35 and I see that there is no improvement compared to the previous seasons, then I will not have a good time because I will be very critical of those seasons.

That is why I prefer the series to end in season 36, I would not like to become a hater of the series and more after being a great defender of it in the past. And in fact, that's why I'm not convinced by the idea that some forum users have that the series reaches 1000 episodes; because if the series continues to seem the same to me since 35 and I see that there is no improvement compared to the previous seasons, then I will not have a good time because I will be very critical of those seasons.
However, you don't have to. If you no longer enjoy the most recent seasons, you could just stop watching and stick with the ones you do like. Unless you're a completionist of course, but you don't have to have a hard time.

... Also it's not like you can do something. I think most have accepted that the series will last until the end of time, so. And like you said, considering you don't like the more recent seasons or Selman's style, then things are unlikely to get better for you when it's "more of the same."

However, you don't have to. If you no longer enjoy the most recent seasons, you could just stop watching and stick with the ones you do like.
I agree, and if it still doesn't convince me, that's what I'll do, I just don't want it to happen.

I'm a pretty opinionated person, and for a long time I remember defending the new seasons with my life, now I'm sort of over it, but that's not to say I don't stand by it, I really don't think they are THAT bad at times.

Of course, I don't think this is that hot of a take anymore.
I'm a bit out of touch when it comes to what is a "good" opinion, so I'll just state what I believe could be viewed as controversial. Please share your thoughts and opinions as well! I'd love to hear input.

- Barthood is very VERY overrated, and honestly a shitty episode
- People who make their whole personality within the Simpsons fanbase "New episodes/seasons bad" are insufferable
- Lisa is the worst character
- The Elon Musk episode wasn’t THAT bad (doesn't make it good, people just tend to be dramatic about it )
- Sideshow Bob should just be killed off by now

That's all I can think of right now, so please share your thoughts!

Last edited:
Lionel Hutz is the best character in the show.
Middle Seasons are better than most say, like seasons 11-14 are still pretty good, but at around 15 I see what most people are talking about
Maggie should be more important

Hit and Run is a good game, but not the greatest thing ever.

Overall agree with your opinions.

Hit and Run is the best Simpsons game.. but if you're not a fan of the Simpsons it's kind of an average game at best but as a Simpsons fan, you take what you can get. It just makes me wish for a better platforming and open world experience. I barely played the Simpsons Game and I sorta wish they had made an open world game more like Hit and Run ( GTA ).

Hit and Run is the best Simpsons game.. but if you're not a fan of the Simpsons it's kind of an average game at best but as a Simpsons fan, you take what you can get. It just makes me wish for a better platforming and open world experience. I barely played the Simpsons Game and I sorta wish they had made an open world game more like Hit and Run ( GTA ).
same with ''battle for bikini bottom'' for spongebob, a game i think it isnt as good as people make it out to be but it's great if you're a spongebob fan

Totally agree with Sideshow Bob, he's just a dead horse at this point

I've never cared for the monorail, 22 short stories, or trilogy of error. Way too overrated in my opinion

Back