8. Cartman Joins NAMBLA
7. Chickenlover
6. Woodland Critter Christmas
5. Christian Rock Hard
4. The New Terrance and Phillip Movie Trailer
3. The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers
2. Here Comes the Neighborhood
1. Casa Bonita
EDIT: goddammit! I forgot "Scott Tenorman Must Die"! eh, put it at 3 and bump everything else back one

Bottom 5:
5. Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina (if for nothing more than the shots from the sex change)
4. Stanley's Cup
3. Pip
2. D-Yikes
1. Britney's New Look

Last edited:
In no particular order and sort of off the top of my head, but...

Top ten:

Cartoon Wars (Part 1 and 2)
Night of the Living Homeless
The List
Towelie
Free Hat
Best Friends Forever
Woodland Critter Christmas
The Mysterion Trilogy
ManBearPig
Imaginationland Trilogy

(I have too many favorites...including one or two in the "bottom" list in the first post!)

Worst:

Jakovasaurs
Cartman Gets an Anal Probe
Weight Gain 4000
A Million Little Fibers (though I'm tempted to leave it off just for Minge and Gary)
An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig

Half the first season is under consideration for bottom, honestly.

^to be completely honest, i haven't seen all of the first season (as well as a few episodes in 8, 10, 11, and 13--don't have any of those on DVD), so both my lists are subject to change. glad to see some love for the mysterion trilogy, though

1. Scott Tenorman Must Die
2. Casa Bonita
3. Return of the Fellowship of the Two Towers
4. Awesom-o
5. Cartmanland
6. Meet the Jeffersons
7. Osama Bin Laden Wears Farty Pants
8. Chinpokomon
9. All About Mormons?
10. The New Terrence and Philip Trailer

1.D-yikes!
2. Million Little Fibers
3. Lice Capades
4. The China Problem
5. Smug Alert!

Last edited:
no real order for these

best:
- Professor Chaos
- The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers
- Christian Rock Hard
- Cartmanland
- Cartman's Incredible Gift
- Scott Tenorman Must Die
- The Passion of the Jew
- Manbearpig
- It Hits the Fan
- Make Love, Not Warcraft

worst:
- Britney's New Look
- D-Yikes!
- Wing
- Pip
- Whale Whores

Top 10

Fat Butt and Pancake Head
Krazy Kripples
The Succubus
Conjoined Fetus Lady
Scott Tenorman Must Die
My Future Self ‘n’ Me
Spookyfish
Jakovasaurs
South Park Is Gay!
Prehistoric Ice Man

Don't really have a bottom list but some I've never really liked are Cartman's Mom is a dirty slut I & II, Cat Orgy and of course Flashbacks. agree on D-Yikes and Britney's New Look too

top 11(not in order)
Scott Tenorman Must Die
Make Love, Not Warcraft
South Park Is Gay!
Ginger Kids
Cartoon Wars (both parts)
The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers
Good Times with Weapons
Goobacks
Cartman's Incredible Gift
Woodland Critter Christmas
Casa Bonita

Bottom 5 are:
Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina
The China Problem
D-Yikes
Eat, Pray, Queef
Britney's New Look

Britney's New Look

Top -

10. Cartmanland
9. Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut
8. Pinkeye
7. Super Fun Time
6. Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut
5. Scott Tenorman Must Die
4. Ginger Kids
3. Casa Bonita
2. Conjoined Fetus Lady/City on the Edge of Forever
1. Cat Orgy

Bottom -

5. Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina
4. Margaritaville
3. Creme Fraiche
2. Eek, a Penis!
1. Britney's New Look

I didn't realize people disliked Garrison's Fancy New Vagina.

There are lots of bad episodes of SP:

Pandemic
Britney's New Look
Jackovasaurs
Creme Fraiche
Jewbilee
Cat Orgy
Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics
The Coon 2: Hindsight
Sexual Healing
Lice Capades
Flashbacks
Pee
Whale Whores
Bloody Mary
Poor and Stupid
Marjorine
Overlogging
Stanley's Cup
A Million Little Fibers
Quintuplets 2000
The Coon
Pinewood Derby
Fatbeard
Butters' Bottom Bitch

and some season 1 episodes, though for evolution reasons I'll let those slide.

top ten:

1) raisins/ bigger longer, and uncut
2) scott tennorman must die
3) mr hankey the christmas poo
4) the ungroundables
5) woodland critter christmas
6) the simpsons already did it
7) make love not warcraft
8) a very crappy christmas
9) you got f'd in the a
10) my future self n me

bottom 5:
1) pee
2) cow days
3) lice capades
4) return of chef
5) night of the living homeless

I never knew that people disliked the "meteor shower party" series. I had always enjoyed it.

And season one may not be the best, but I like the nostalgic factor since the show premiered when I was in middle school and I remember watching it during the turn of the millennium.

I never knew that people disliked the "meteor shower party" series. I had always enjoyed it. .

Huh. I think those are 3 of the best episodes of the show. And made at the same time as they were making the movie. Amazing prolific talents.

Huh. I think those are 3 of the best episodes of the show. And made at the same time as they were making the movie. Amazing prolific talents.

Yeah, I agree. I didn't really enjoy "Jewbilee" but I did like "Cat Orgy" and "Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub". My favorite of the bunch would be CO just because Cartman is hilarious during it.

I enjoyed all of them. Not some of ht best episodes but still very funny for season 3

The 3 are just really character driven stories and the fact that they all take place on the same night and eventually tie together is just really ambitious and interesting. It's "more than funny" to me and a really unique batch of episodes.

I didn't really enjoy Cat Orgy at the time, when I first saw it I thought it was one of the weaker episodes, I'd seen, because it's really repetitive, it focuses on Shelly who's one-note even by South Park standards and Skyler's kind of lame. But I liked it more when I saw what they were doing with the trilogy.

I saw those three episodes in random order in repeats years ago. I think I knew they were part of a trilogy, but didn't really love them, although Hot Tub is good. If nothing else Jewbilee is a pretty bad standalone (I was tempted to put in my list), but I do think I'd like all of them a bit more if I saw them in order.

Also, people really don't like Night of the Living Homeless? Or Pee? Those are such great episodes! (I knew Stanley's Cup and Britney's New Look were controversial, but they're also favorites of mine.) Glad to see Cow Days get a mention in the bottom pile, though; that's an undermentioned dud.

I guess as a general (not 100 percent, though) rule, if a newer episode is mentioned as one of the worst I probably disagree, but if an older (seasons 1-4) episode is mentioned I probably agree. Except for Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics. I will defend that one to the death.

I saw those three episodes in random order in repeats years ago. I think I knew they were part of a trilogy, but didn't really love them, although Hot Tub is good. If nothing else Jewbilee is a pretty bad standalone (I was tempted to put in my list), but I do think I'd like all of them a bit more if I saw them in order.

Also, people really don't like Night of the Living Homeless? Or Pee? Those are such great episodes! (I knew Stanley's Cup and Britney's New Look were controversial, but they're also favorites of mine.) Glad to see Cow Days get a mention in the bottom pile, though; that's an undermentioned dud.

Yeah, if you don't seem them in order they won't make very much sense and you might not like them as much if you watched them in the order of how they aired.

Pee was a great episode, but Night of the Living Homeless was really weak (in my opinion anyway). And, I agree, Cow Days are also weak and a complete dud.

huh maybe you have to be jewish or have had gone to hebrew school like i was forced to but i really loved Jewbilee

Matt and Trey used to say it was one of their favorites for years, maybe just because everyone seemed to hate it.

It has a few laughs, which is more than I can say for about half of season one, but overall I find it kind of slow and dull. I :heart: Jew references though, coming from a jewish background.

Last edited:
i think this would probably be my current top 10, probably in no particular order:

go god go 1 & 2
awesome-o
christian rock hard
a ladder to heaven
simpsons already did it
kenny dies
cartmanland
scott tenorman must die
cartman joins NAMBLA
something you can do with your finger

the bottom, also probably in no particular order:

how to eat with your butt
million little fibers
britney's new look
eat, pray, queef
the tale of scrotie mcboogerballs

huh maybe you have to be jewish or have had gone to hebrew school like i was forced to but i really loved Jewbilee

Both apply to me but it's still one of my least favorite episodes. Moses was always the only thing I ever liked about it. Everything else was a bore to me. Maybe I was hasty about putting the meteor shower trilogy in my list though. It was an ambitious idea. Hot Tub was legit funny. Cat Orgy I did think had funny moments, but it was kinda repetitive and uninteresting. I think the best part about Cat Orgy and Hot Tub is they somehow did manage to capture that feeling of being left alone as a kid when your parents are having or at a party. The suckiness of having to stay home with a sitter or hang out with other people's nerdy annoying kids. That shit rang true.

From my list, Flashbacks, Bloody Mary, and Marjorine have some redeeming qualities too. I was tempted to put Trapped in the Closet in there because, personally, I think there's only two scenes in the episode that are good (e-meter and the "this is what Scientologists actually believe" thing). But there is definitely a big pool of SP episodes that have left me feeling really underwhelmed after seeing them. Some of them I never even felt like sitting through a second time.

Last edited:
Good thread. I ran through a list and quickly picked my favorites. Here are the ones that just missed it:

Imaginationland (trilogy)
Scott Tenorman Must Die
Breast Cancer Show Ever
About Last Night
You Have 0 Friends

10. Simpsons Already Did It - Great premise and lots of gross stuff, but applied cleverly.
9. Proper Condom Use - One of the most outrageous episodes, and also one of the funniest.
8. The Death Camp of Tolerance - Extremely clever ideas all throughout. Gotta love that Lemmiwinks!
7. Casa Bonita - This is simply a very fun idea and a great use of the boys.
6. Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics - I'm a sucker for well-done musicals, and there's plenty to enjoy here. The Dreidel song and "Christmastime in Hell" are a couple highlights.
5. 200/201 - An original way to celebrate a milestone--merge together numerous classic elements into a surprisingly creative plot.
4. The Return of The Fellowship of the Ring to The Two Towers - Really well-thought-out and funny from start to finish.
3. Cartman Joins NAMBLA - Hilarious and shocking in only the way South Park can be.
2. Cartoon Wars 1 & 2 - Great satire and a very bold pair of episodes.
1. Raisins - Surprisingly strong character development mixed with consistently good humor make for a compelling watch.

And now, the stinkers...

The Passion of the Jew
Trapped in the Closet
Lice Capades
Pandemic (Part 1) [Part 2 was actually quite good, IMO]
The Ungroundable
Sexual Healing

5. Stanley's Cup - Unfunny and bleak. Just depressing, and not in a cool Scott Tenorman way.
4. A Million Little Fibers - Wow, what an incredibly boring episode!
3. Britney's New Look - Terrible concept, tedious and sort of hard to watch.
2. Whale Whores - Awful humor, comedic timing, a dumb riff on a show hardly anyone's heard of.
1. The China Probrem - Both plots are quite rancid, although I'll say the Indy one is worse due to the cringe-worthiness of it all. Butters and Cartman's story really goes nowhere.

^to be completely honest, i haven't seen all of the first season (as well as a few episodes in 8, 10, 11, and 13--don't have any of those on DVD), so both my lists are subject to change. glad to see some love for the mysterion trilogy, though

you know that they have every episode streaming online for free, right?

Scott Tenorman Must Die
Cartman Joins Nambla
Fishsticks
Ginger Kids
Casa Bonita
Butters Very Own Episode
The Return of The Fellowship of the Ring
Go God Go
ManBearPig
South Park Is Gay!

5. Bloody Mary
4. Eat, Pray, Queef