The "Why Is That Episode Called That?" Thread

B

Bender

The Great Louse Detective. Why is this episode called that? Post the episode titles you would like to know why they are called that here.

Parodying the movie title "The Great Mouse Detective", referring to Sideshow Bob playing "detective" to Homer's enemy. And "louse" is slang for a mean or diabolical person of some sort.

The Great Mouse Detective is a book with Louse substituted. The episode used to be about a head-lice epidemic and when they changed the plot they kept the title.

Edit: Oops, Tommacco beat me to it. I still could have some right in it.

It was never about a head-lice epidemic...I think that was just a prank.

Actually, I've realised that Season 14 has a lot of wordplay/puns about their titles...

How I Spent my Strummer Vacation (..Bummer Vacation)
Large Marge (Both words rhyme)
Helter Shelter (Skelter)
Special Edna (Special Ed.(ucation))
The Dad Whe Knew too Little (Man who knew too much)

Friz said:
Actually, I've realised that Season 14 has a lot of wordplay/puns about their titles...

How I Spent my Strummer Vacation (..Bummer Vacation)
Large Marge (Both words rhyme)
Helter Shelter (Skelter)
Special Edna (Special Ed.(ucation))
The Dad Whe Knew too Little (Man who knew too much)

How I spent my Strummer Vacation( This is becasue Joe Strummer is a rock musician I'm not sure if he was at the rock and roll band camp or not but Strummer has often said that his favorite show is the simpsons)

Large Marge (have you ever seen Pee Wee Nig Adventure "Tell 'EM Large Marge Sent Ya!)

Undercover_Nerd said:

How I spent my Strummer Vacation( This is becasue Joe Strummer is a rock musician I'm not sure if he was at the rock and roll band camp or not but Strummer has often said that his favorite show is the simpsons)

Large Marge (have you ever seen Pee Wee Nig Adventure "Tell 'EM Large Marge Sent Ya!)

I fairly certain that "How I Spent My Strummer Vacation" had nothing to do with Joe Strummer. I think they meant "strummer" as in how a person would strum a guitar.

ComixFan15 said:

I fairly certain that "How I Spent My Strummer Vacation" had nothing to do with Joe Strummer. I think they meant "strummer" as in how a person would strum a guitar.

Thats possible to but my point was that it had nothing to do with bummer vacation

So does this mean we should hug Apu again?

My question is this: Supercalafragalisticexpiala (Annoyed Grunt) sious?

What's that about? And what color is the sky? Kidding of course...

What about "I am furious yellow?" I don't know where that comes from.

ak

Supercala... is a famous song from the movie Mary Poppins, which this episode parodies.
I Am Furious (Yellow) is a take on the movie title I Am Curious (Yellow).

MaxpowerAK79 said:
My question is this:
Supercalafragalisticexpiala (Annoyed Grunt) sious? What's that about?
Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious is the full word from the Mary Poppins song. The episode title was actually "Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(ANNOYED GRUNT)cious." Annoyed grunt, meaning D'oh, is substituted for the 'doh' sound.

I wasn't saying they were the worst, but if I couldn't pronounce them, I'm hardly likely to think much of them. When I first read Grift of the Magi's title, I thought it was a typo for Maggie. :-/

You are all retarted.

I'm not kidding, you guys are some of the dumbest people I have "met" in my entire life. How could you not know the Mary Poppin's refrence? What are you,8? Do you people honestly have nothing better to do? Jebus.

Re: You are all retarted.

shakethatspear said:
I'm not kidding, you guys are some of the dumbest people I have "met" in my entire life. How could you not know the Mary Poppin's refrence? What are you,8? Do you people honestly have nothing better to do? Jebus.

Welcome to the boards! I hope you enjoy yourself until your Warning Level goes up to 30.

And where does "SKinner's Sense of Snow" come from?

I've found out that "HOM'R" (The R Is Backwards) comes from the movie "CHA'R'LIE" (The R Is Also Backwards)

Back