The single best episode of the Jean era

I'd add "Gone Maggie Gone" as a strong contender.

Very entertaining episode.

Homer: "Why did I bring the dog and the baby with me to the poison store?!?"

labf04.jpg

The Monkey Suit isn't good IMO.

I don't have anything too worthwhile to add, but a funny observation of my opinion of that episode is that when I read this post 3 days ago when you wrote it, I had to look the episode up on wikipedia because I couldn't remember what it was, and once I looked it up I remembered watching it.

Then today, as I read this post again, I had to look up the episode AGAIN, after 3 days.

Shows how memorable this classic piece of satire is.

...to you. It's not the episode's fault if you don't remember it. Just means it didn't appeal to you or it didn't connect.

P.S. I love your avatar. Twit Olympics, correct?

Yeah, I'm just being a smartass.

Thanks, Upper Class Twit of The Year, one of my favourite Monty Python sketches ever.

I don't have anything too worthwhile to add, but a funny observation of my opinion of that episode is that when I read this post 3 days ago when you wrote it, I had to look the episode up on wikipedia because I couldn't remember what it was, and once I looked it up I remembered watching it.

Then today, as I read this post again, I had to look up the episode AGAIN, after 3 days.

Shows how memorable this classic piece of satire is.

this happens to me with simple simpson

The post classic episodes are harder to remember by title because they often have such elaborate titles that don't really tell you what the thing is about.

Also they're just less memorable anyway.

I still haven't seen a lot of Jean era episodes. I'm waiting for the next season dvds to come out. But the ones I enjoyed best are: Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge, Blame it On Lisa, The Frying game, TOH XIII, Moe Baby Blues, Dial 'N' For Nerder (watched it once ages ago, remember loving it), TOH XIX, How the Test Was Won, Gone Maggie Gone, Eeny Teeny Maya Moe, Waverly Hills, Coming to Homerica.

S20 is easily my favorite season since S12 and 13.

I'd have to say Eternal Moonshine and the Squirt and the Whale are my top picks. They have some really meaningful moments that are easy to remember. And both have nice endings. I also like Scuse Me While I Miss the Sky and Funeral for a Fiend.

Upon further reflection, I'd go with "Send in the Clones."
If individual segments count, I`ll have to go for this as well. Probably the last time I remember the Simpsons being absolutely hilarious. This story is one of the only things from the post-classic era I feel could imagine fitting almost perfectly into the classic era.

Back