The Simpsons wins at WGA Awards

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/wgaw-and-wgae-2010-award-winners/

Last season's "Wedding for Disaster" won Best Writing for Animation, or whatever they call it.

So even though this forum seems to castrate the series' most recent efforts, the Industry seems to still love it.

That was because in that category, all five nominees were Simpsons episodes.

It was a win-win-win-win-win situation for The Simpsons.

It also proves the worst episode of The Simpsons is better than the best episode of Family Guy or American Dad or The Cleveland Show or any other tripe Seth MacFarlane cranks out.

Last edited:
That was because in that category, all five nominees were Simpsons episodes. It was a win-win-win-win-win situation for The Simpsons.
That is hilarious. :lol:

Surely there's some rule that they can't be nominated that many times, lol.

That is hilarious. :lol:

Surely there's some rule that they can't be nominated that many times, lol.

Maybe they are allowed to submit up to five entries and it turned out entries from all other cartoons were not as good.

Wedding for Disaster!?

It was my least favourite episode on first viewing. I found out the end. Entirely my fault. From that day forth I don't look at the comments in the rate and review threads and I don't read reviews until I have seen the episode. (Still look at the polls and check IGN's scores, but no reading!)

I wonder how they decide which episodes they're going to nominate. Wedding for Disaster sucked. I mean, The Simpsons do deserve the award, they had some really well-written episodes last year, but definitely not for that episode.

WHAAAAAAAAATTT ??? :eek:

Such a disaster as "Wedding for Disaster" outwins the delicious "Eeny Teeny Maya Moe"?

Which parameters do they use anyway to decide which one is the best?

The voters just got confused and thought the WGA Awards were the television equivalent of the Razzies.

It also proves the worst episode of The Simpsons is better than the best episode of Family Guy or American Dad or The Cleveland Show or any other tripe Seth MacFarlane cranks out.

it was only when i actually read something online about family guy's animation did i realise it was that bad - as in, nothing else moved apart from the person talking and other crap like that

but i don't want to turn this into a family guy trash talk thread so - wedding for disaster eh? that is the episode with the disgustingly bad saw parody isn't it? because if it is the moe dating dwarf ep was miles better

but i don't want to turn this into a family guy trash talk thread so - wedding for disaster eh? that is the episode with the disgustingly bad saw parody isn't it? because if it is the moe dating dwarf ep was miles better

it is. when selma and patty kidnap homer.

and i agree, Eeny Teeny is loads better.

what were the other nominees

I'm probably the most sympathetic fan of Selma (and Patty too I guess) around, and even I found nothing particularly grabbing about this episode. to be perfectly, honest I don't remember more than a collective 10 seconds of moments from it, and I have no interest in rewatching. it's probably one of the lamest ways that Homer's love for Marge was conveyed to / shocked S&P.

however, I bet that there were no or few errors in pacing and jokes, even if the reason was its single dominating mood and tame-but-in-character dialogue.

(this is just the faint memory of what it really was like though)

Back