The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

So have we officially reached the point where all the new characters that will be added into the game will be one-off guest characters or just extremely minor ones because we finally ran out of main and recurring characters to introduce in the game instead? I mean, I guess it's nice to have James Bont around if and Hank Scorpio have some kind of task together, but I don't know if it's a good idea to center an entire event with him and that spy hallucination voiced by Bryan Cranston from that one episode.

Also it seems kind of shady to have Hank Scorpio on the title with an alternate costume and make him a huge part of the event's plot, but not have him available for free and have him and his costume behind a premium wall. I would have had Scorpio available from the start of the event and made only his new costume the premium gift, but I guess that would make less money then just having both of them premium.

And I'm going to be totally blunt here: Homer wearing the spy camera hat from Homer & Apu has got to be the absolute worst idea for a premium costume that I have ever seen.

yeah i feel like i'm finally completely over this game. i'm not gonna entirely quit, because it's still good to kill time when all i've got is my phone, but i'm not checking in even daily most of the time and i don't care about completing this event in the slightest. all the events are so fucking boring now anyway. they're all structured exactly the same.

and i can kind of see not offering scorpio for free since he's been premium this whole time and it would be sort of unfair to people who already spent donuts on him, but yeah. more and more they seem to center these things on the premium items and have mostly useless trash as the actually free prizes

I don't really check in daily either. I basically go in to do the monorail stuff for the donuts + Maggie and then I stagnate until an event rolls around. Usually by then I've built enough donuts up to purchase whatever the pass is to make neighbor visits worth more during an event since I sure as fuck won't remember to visit my neighbors daily.

There's a lot to handle on this event and I'm unsure of whether I like it or hate it.

I'm fine to just keep building my town. This update wasn't very great but I'm gonna end up with the prizes I want/care about so it doesn't matter to me.

If they keep adding more land every update, then great. I'll take it.

yeah i'm sure i'm getting dumped by a bunch of friends because i haven't even been visiting other towns during this event. but otherwise i'm still checking in once or twice a day and just getting whatever i get. which has been about half the prizes, but oh well. there was nothing i really loved here anyway. which is another thing about this game, like they're pretty much out of beloved classic characters at this point (assuming they never do the hartman characters), so there's nothing else i "need" from these updates. i may just start to ignore whatever events are going on entirely and focus just on making a town that looks nice. because my town sucks tbqh

My gripes with this event are that it still lasts to long and that they once again added to many futuristic items. The event itself is atleast decent with some good prices and a lot of new characters, but they play out almost the exact same with the only exception being the new mini-game. I would really like them to try something new with a more fun theme, something like time travel to the 70's where we can get the skins or characters from every adult being a teenager. I didn't even mind the Clash of Clones update because they atleast tried to do something completely different, its just that the prizes felt lackluster (though I got to make a pretty cool castle). I do like that Hank Scorpio has been given such a huge role in this event.

i wish scorpio was available on his own because that mountain is ugly, doesn't fit in anywhere in town, and makes him twice as expensive

Amy nuked my entire town by accident yesterday right before I took her for a bath. She had been collecting Men in Tan at the time.

:suicide:

The bright side, of course, is that I can REALLY rearrange my town now. But I'm collecting jack shit while everything and everyone is in storage so this event is effectively over for me even though I wanted more decorations...

hmm iirc it asks you a not insignificant number of times if you're absolutely SURE you want to nuke it. are you sure she wasn't just salty with you for something? :P

Well, she DID get hit with 3 immunizations and a TB test yesterday. She also did it while I was getting all her stuff ready for a bath, classic. She was very insistent that I let her play again after the bath and now I know why...she was panicking about why everything disappeared :x

I guess I'm buying some of these Pin Pals building deals with my earned donuts. Rebuilding the town from scratch has shown me I want more business for the "town" and shopping areas. I really want Casanova Jacques but I'm not gonna spend 150 donuts.

tappedout-treasure.jpg

:negative:

Tapped Out has a music festival event (how fitting, since Lollapalooza just started and it made my walk to work all the more congested) and it's pretty good! Seems to be all in-universe, with The Jazz Hole and Bleeding Gums, the Sungazer band from Covercraft, a Flaming Moes skin for Moe's (finally!) and other musical nods to come.

I actually gave up on the time travel event halfway through and deleted the Tapped Out app. The whole "push the player to buy premium characters" aspect of the game felt like it had reached its worst, with everything took way too long for me to be able unlock most of the prizes thanks to the searching for fossils gameplay, and pretty much every character you could unlock without spending money was boring and uninteresting. Around the second act, I realized that everything was becoming a chore and wondered to myself why I was still playing this game, and just gave up.

But I got bored and downloaded the app again to try out this new update. And while it looks like the developers are still pushing the "give the players least interesting characters to unlock and the most interesting ones are premium" agenda (I mean really, Bleeding Gums is premium but the ones you can unlock for free are the rival band from Covercraft...who even remembers those characters?), at least the band gameplay is more interesting and much more easier to unlock stuff then in the time travel event. I'll probably finish the rest of the event as long as the gameplay doesn't become ridiculously difficult to unlock items or something. I do like that Cletus is getting an alternate costume in this event though (at least judging from the Act 3 tease), I'd rather have alternate outfit for other characters then just Homer outfit #674. Weird Al's inclusion is pretty surprising to me though. Is he the first celebrity guest star character that was added to the game since Stephen Hawking in 2016's sci-fi event?

I do love the new title screen drawing though. Not only does the art style totally different from the usual, but it also features most of the Simpsons family instead of just Homer, which is a plus for me.

One weird thing about the game I want to bring up though. I recently got the chance to play the Simpsons Game on an HD console for once (I had only played the game on the Wii and DS versions), and I was shocked to realize that all the music and a good chunk of the voiced clips for Tapped Out are just reused from the Simpsons Game. I mean, it's not something that really bothers me and it does sort of make sense since both games were developed by EA, but it does make me wonder what kind of licensing deal over the voice actors happened in between games in where the Simpsons Game can have all the characters voiced by their usual voice actors with no problems, but by Tapped Out the only characters that are voiced are from the main six actors.

I vowed to no longer spend money on tapped out and what do I do? £15 spent on donuts. I hate this game, it's like a bad drug

Apparently he's one of the band members from the episode Covercraft (the one where Homer and a bunch of dads start a band) who invite Apu to join them.

But yeah, it's probably not a good idea to make one of the unlockable rewards in an event end up being a character so obscure, he does not even have his own character page on the Simpsons wiki's...either of them.

Jesus yeah I have no interest in unlocking this guy and yet it is a quest lol

Wheeeeeen the hell am I gonna have more characters to send out on jams!!!

Anyone else have a bug where if you go anywhere near the stage the game crashes? I’ve been contacting EA but they won’t seem to help me. I may have to sit this event out altogether.

Maybe EA is slow to respond because others have it possibly? They always respond to my reports even if I don't post in the forum like they ask. And I usually get free donuts, too.

Back