The Simpsons Sing the Blues

Do you ever listened to this album?​

51U-gy4ZlYL.jpg

This is my favorite one :)

I used to own this - way back in the day when it was first released on CD.

I actually have this on CD, cassette, AND vinyl.

My vinyl copy is an unopened one I bought on Ebay that was unsold stock.

The Simpsons Sing the Blues on vinyl is to me a "Holy Grail of affordable Simpsons merchandise" since you could still get one even used possibly but probably not at a place like used record stores, garage sales, or thrift shops.

In fact, I learned this was released on December 4th, 1990 which is around when the distribution of records on vinyl was no longer common. There are currently no vinyl copies on amazon and while there are quite common on Ebay, most are from Ebayers outside the USA. I bought mine from someone in the USA.

I really wish "Look at all those idiots" got a music video. Catchy tune and open to all sorts of funny Power Plant visuals.

Probably the last of its kind. This wasn't a show soundtrack album. long time ago almost all shows that were popular with the public were asked to cut an entire "Cast Sings" album.. The actors from these popular TV series singing original songs "In character"... It was a weird little thing that rode high for a few decades, mostly in the LP era. dying out as digital age blossomed. Star Trek TNG & the Simpson's were probably the last two shows to simultaneously release this corny bit of audio from a bygone day.

If the Simpson's werent the last tv show to do this, then I wonder who did?

I listened to that album before, and it was great! My favorites were "Do the Bartman", "Moanin' Lisa Blues", "God Bless the Child", "Springfield Soul Stew", and "Sibling Rivalry". ;)

Got the CD back in 2015 from the Saint Vincent de Paul's thrift store that I was volunteering at at the time. Though I had already heard a few of the songs like Deep, Deep Trouble, Do the Bartman and Look at All Those Idiots which are my favorites along with School Days.

Prior to that, I actually had the cassette single for Deep, Deep Trouble with Sibling Rivalry as the b-side which I'd gotten from my grandmother. Sadly, it's since been lost.

Got the CD back in 2015 from the Saint Vincent de Paul's thrift store that I was volunteering at at the time. Though I had already heard a few of the songs like Deep, Deep Trouble, Do the Bartman and Look at All Those Idiots which are my favorites along with School Days.

Prior to that, I actually had the cassette single for Deep, Deep Trouble with Sibling Rivalry as the b-side which I'd gotten from my grandmother. Sadly, it's since been lost.
Have you ever got to listen to the whole album or not?

@Patches O'houlihan It's a chain of thrift stores located across the Midwest though there are a few in Minnesota. I'm from Wisconsin and the one I'm referring to as volunteering at at the time is the one located in my hometown (which I still go to on a weekly basis). Though I've also been to the locations in Marshfield, the Dells and one of the ones in Madison.

I believe I've mentioned it before, but I own two copies of the 'Sing The Blues' CD from thrifting for some reason (I think I picked a 2nd up as a spare), but I also have it on Vinyl/LP (from the cleanout session of when a relative moved many years back. There was lot of records but this one was really the only interesting one for me, I heard): I still hope to find a decent thrift vinyl player so I can listen.

Anyhow, 'Do The Bartman', 'Deep Deep Trouble', 'Moaning Lisa Blues', 'Look At All Those Idiots' & 'God Bless The Child' are my choices of favorite songs from the album, but I also have a soft spot for 'Sibling Rivalry'.

Back