The Simpsons Movie Articles

coltonwiggum

Stonecutter
Instead of making a new thread everytime there's a new article, now we can just wrap them up into one neat thread. The most recent article is;
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=398025

I like the last paragraph, those two were big pluses for me, and another appearance by them would be pretty cool. This article also is great because Matt points out its not "The Homer Movie" or "The Bart Movie", the entire family is involved. Very reassuring!

"90 minutes, whatever, conventional feature length movie. And we're not padding it out with a lot of dancing penguins either."

That made me laugh out loud.

"Remember the episode where Lester and Eliza saved the day instead of Bart and Lisa? That was disturbing, and I personally expected them to come back and wreak more havoc. A decade later, we may finally get closure. "I think we put them in The Simpsons movie. They were in one draft. I'm not sure if they survive.""

Lester and Eliza? That would be funny to see.

I am getting this weird tingling feeling that this may actually be above our expectations. I really hope they hit it out of the park..........The Simpsons are a classic and will go down in history, they should have a movie which reflects the reasons why it was called "The greatest show ever made".

There's just so much to consider; it's really impossible to predict the quality of the movie. There's so many combining factors that can pull the film either way. We'll just have to hope they choose the right ones.

If the movie was made back in Season 7 or 8 when the show was still genius, it would've been a masterpiece and there would have been nothing to worry about. If it were made around Season 11, we'd know that it would turn out to be a complete disaster . However, now, when the outcome of the movie is still so much of a mystery, it's really quite exciting to follow along with the progress and hope for the best.

Last edited:
The article should be familiar it's the same one from 2 weeks ago, but with much added info. Although I would like a date to when this new teaser will be released.

I just read an article that said on XBOX live Microsoft somehow leaked the plot, and there was a screen shot. it said this; "When Homer accidentally pollutes the river with toxic waste from the nuclear power plant he gets fired from his job and everyone has to evacuate Springfield, possibly forever."
What's the deal? This smells very fishy as I don't see why Simpsons staff would reveal the plot details to XBOX live people. What a stupid article.

coltonwiggum said:
I just read an article that said on XBOX live Microsoft somehow leaked the plot, and there was a screen shot. it said this; "When Homer accidentally pollutes the river with toxic waste from the nuclear power plant he gets fired from his job and everyone has to evacuate Springfield, possibly forever."
What's the deal? This smells very fishy as I don't see why Simpsons staff would reveal the plot details to XBOX live people. What a stupid article.

That same plot was leaked on Apple months ago and taken off because the information was thought to be wrong.

It predates the animatics, it's been floating around for ages now. I'm guessing that is the plot, it's been such a consistent rumour and it'd fit what we've seen.

On the Australian news paper Herald Sun's website you can download a wallpaper for The Simpsons Movie. With the release date in Australia now being July 26th :D http://origin.www.news.com.au/sundayheraldsun/story/0,21985,21244029-5006022,00.html
simpsons1.jpg

StupidHippo said:
since when?

Not exactly...

Belgium 25 July 2007
France 25 July 2007
Argentina 26 July 2007
Australia 26 July 2007
Germany 26 July 2007
Netherlands 26 July 2007
Russia 26 July 2007
Canada 27 July 2007
Denmark 27 July 2007
Finland 27 July 2007
Iceland 27 July 2007
Ireland 27 July 2007
Italy 27 July 2007
Norway 27 July 2007
Poland 27 July 2007
Singapore 27 July 2007
Spain 27 July 2007
Sweden 27 July 2007
UK 27 July 2007
USA 27 July 2007

Sten Sture said:
Maybe because one of the animatics seems to suggest that the plot will be something like that.

A few people in the staff said that they were going to put fake plots out there to make it intresting.

Adam R said:
It predates the animatics, it's been floating around for ages now. I'm guessing that is the plot, it's been such a consistent rumour and it'd fit what we've seen.

But why was the wrecking balls there?

Though you could be right, Homer does have a barrel named Pig Crap in the Trailer on the Season 9 boxset, and dumps it in the river.

Springfield up!

hoy sale un nuevo taeser en estados unidos como ya saben preo me pregunto alguna vez saldra en español

Picles3, what does that mean?
And I hate that its being released on the 25th and 26th in some places, but not until the 27th in others. :angry:
EDIT; I bet we'll be seeing more and more articles as we get closer to the release of the film!

Last edited:
^Yes, you North Americans have it so hard, getting the movie 2 days later whilst in England, you have to wait 5 years to see new episodes without paying for TV.

Not sure if this has been posted, but:
http://usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2006-04-02-simpsons-movie_x.htm

Not a lot of info and it's quite old, but I just wanted to point out the quote:
"If I were feeling any more pressure, I'd be a diamond," show writer/producer Al Jean says.

:corny:

I just notice that there is 2 new wallpapers and a screensaver of the movie on the official US site :)

^Wow, so is the pig going to be that important?

Have you seen the "new" website at simpsonsmovie.com? I think some of the logos are really cool just because they're so weird.

Back