The Simpsons in the UK and Ireland

SuperNintendo_Chalmers

Junior Camper
With the change of the show moving from Sky One to Sky Showcase, what does it mean for the show's future? Channel 4 will also be airing the terrestrial premiere of season 29 presumably this November.

On this thread you can discuss about the airing of The Simpsons on Sky, Channel 4, RTE and streaming on Disney+.

Not sure if it will change much moving to Sky Showcase.

Also never understood why RTE never show any seasons before Season 7 anymore?

*The Simpsons* (in British accent)
There is no such thing as "the one and only" British accent. There are just a variety of Ulster, Welsh, Scottish and English accents from region to region.

Unless you are of those people who confuse Britain with solely covering the country of England.

Hopefully, that little geography lesson will help you understand you should never use the term British accent, giving there are dozens of accents around the UK

I presume Channel 4 will start airing season 29 from 1st November. I think they might show the THOH ep first since it's being aired a day after Halloween but that ep is definitely not airing before the watershed so CH4 might do what they have did with previous seasons and air it in the 11pm slot ages later.

For anyone who wants to check the UK airing schedule for the show, check this website:

It's updated every Monday.

There is no such thing as "the one and only" British accent. There are just a variety of Ulster, Welsh, Scottish and English accents from region to region.

Unless you are of those people who confuse Britain with solely covering the country of England.

Hopefully, that little geography lesson will help you understand you should never use the term British accent, giving there are dozens of accents around the UK
Im aware.

I have a little inside baseball on this.

Sky Showcase will continue to air The Simpsons as its ONLY(!!!) regularly scheduled show, but Twentieth Century Television made the case (before a new deal was bashed out) that it’s not the same channel as Sky One so Sky forfeited their rights to the show. We nearly had The Simpsons becoming a Disney+ UK exclusive. But nope.

Season 29 is finally premiering on Channel 4 from 22nd November. I'm very surprised at how Treehouse of Horror XXVIII is airing at a 6pm slot. My head hurts just from thinking about how much censorship there would be...

Back