The Simpsons episodes originally written for other shows?

AnthonyNoHomers70100

Stonecutter
I think that there's some The Simpsons episodes whose scripts originally were for other shows, but those shows rejected the script and and they decided to give them to The Simpsons' production to finally accept them, but editing the plot and replacing non-Simpsons characters with Simpsons characters. I don't refer to "Bart's New Friend", this thread is about scripts from other shows that ended up being The Simpsons episodes.

Is this public knowledge? I don't know of any that weren't meant for the simpsons first.

I've heard that about Friends. Some of the first season's scripts had originally been rejected by Seinfeld.

Maybe some of the early Simpsons scripts had been rejected by ALF.

I've heard that about Friends. Some of the first season's scripts had originally been rejected by Seinfeld.

I feel like every single aspect of Friends has been examined by millions of fans worldwide, so if this was the case, it would be common knowledge. I've personally seen every episode of Friends multiple times, and your post is the first I'm hearing about this! I could see some unused Seinfeld ideas being shifted over to Friends.

I feel like every single aspect of Friends has been examined by millions of fans worldwide, so if this was the case, it would be common knowledge. I've personally seen every episode of Friends multiple times, and your post is the first I'm hearing about this! I could see some unused Seinfeld ideas being shifted over to Friends.

I don't know the people on Friends are more likeable than the people on Seinfeld

Back