The Pretty Guardian of Love and Justice is back BITCHES!!!

LukeMM95

Edgy McEdgeEdge

My only experience with Sailor Moon is the first three seasons of the original anime but I just couldn't finish it after Chibiusa took over the show. The show was never perfect and quite repetitive to be honest. Still I quite enjoyed the first season, a good chunk of Sailor Moon R and the first 13/14 episodes of Sailor Moon S. When the show was at it's best, it was quite the guility pleasure of mine. The main five sailor soldiers are likeable and often have nice chemistry between each other. They could have been better written but still each has their own distinct personality and character traits.

The episodes typically followed a very basic formula but they were still quite enjoyable despite this. It's kind of like watching classic Power Rangers or TMNT, just with a lot more recycled animation. Sometimes you don't need a complex story, just something simple like school girls fighting monsters in between their social lives. I did hate how every battle ended the exact same way. Sailor Moon transforms, dodges the enemies attacks (usually while crying), Tuxedo Mask shows up to throw a rose and tell Sailor Moon what to do and then Sailor Moon does her magic attack which is basically just 30 second fan service which they reuse for every episode that season. The humour of the show, may actually be one of it's best features. Its very juvenile and relies a bit too much on anime cliches but also quite charming.

But at the end of the day the show just wasn't perfect, which is why I'm actually looking forward to this reboot. Maybe it can fix all the problems that I mentioned and make for an enjoyable little show. Or it could suck, you never know.

Thoughts?

kupomog

d=(^_^)z
Administrator
My body is so, so ready. I loved the original, I tolerated the dub for nostalgia, and I loved the manga. I can't wait for Sailor Venus.