The official seasons 18+ commentary thread

if al jean says a naughty word again i might have to boycott The Simpsons

i think these are out now on simpsons world; i have nothing to access it with or i'd confirm

I love how on the classic era commentaries they complained how much the episodes sucked, but on the modern episode commentaries they jizz over how amazing they are.

well i checked the xbox version of the app (only one that functions right for me) and it doesn't have them. took it a while to get the 4:3 versions of episodes so i dunno if they're around yet. even if they are why do you want to listen to them

Too bad I can only watch them with subtitles... You know, I can barely understand the American accent, and I must watch videos with subtitles to understand what they're saying. But without subtitles, it's really hard. For example, I wanted to watch the Season 17 deleted scenes with commentaries, but I didn't manage to find the commentaries' subtitles (I've tried several times, it didn't work)...

bad news, good news
BAD NEWS: al jean says naughty words
GOOD NEWS: they ve been bleeped

I love the lack of enthusiasm and promotion for these commentaries. I'll admit, a bit of my fandom died when they axed the DVDs.

Each year I look forward to two things as a Simpsons fan: the new season, and the new DVD release. I loved the DVDs because it sort of re-introduced me to an older season. Aside from when they aired, I haven't seen seasons 18+ in order. So to have them all packaged and given a bit of context of their place in the shows history with commercials, extras, and commentary sort of made the older seasons "legit" or "canon" or whatever. I guess it was just very official feeling to add the latest release to the shelf.

The reasoning for canceling the DVDs has also read as really shady to me. I'm not the #1 Al Jean fan, but I like the guy well enough and would never stoop to the levels some have in hating him and wishing ill will for him. But it really pissed me off when he was so out of touch with why the DVDs were cancelled, just echoing what FOX told him, and then acting aloof when it was revealed that the DVDs were actually selling well. The whole thing reeked of the FX NOW app being the reason they axed DVDs, to get more people to subscribe, which was just very sleazy on FOX's part and really made me upset with Jean. I wish the guy, and other higher ups behind the show, would fight a bit more for the DVDs. I know that in the case of other TV shows, the creators have had to fight for home video releases. The lack of effort on Jean and Groening's part to clear things up or try to find alternative methods of home video distribution has really annoyed me.

King of the Hill just received a blu-ray release and shows like American Dad get MOD DVD releases, yet The Simpsons doesn't?

---

Annnnnnyway, I'll make an attempt to listen to these this week, though the lack of discussion makes me thing there isn't much going on in the tracks. Do they touch on the fact that they are for FX and not the DVDs at all?

I'll make an attempt to listen to these this week, though the lack of discussion makes me thing there isn't much going on in the tracks. Do they touch on the fact that they are for FX and not the DVDs at all?

I listened to just the beginning of the first commentary and Al Jean just says welcome to the Complete Eighteenth Season. They did say there could be one big box set with everything once the series ends so I'm thinking they don't want to get specific about where these commentaries are being listened to, just in case they later decide to reuse them on discs after all.

They can't just stop. Truth be told, I can't stand watching the episodes online, cause they are ether edited on some sites, have ads playing which slow them down or they don't fit the screen or they load like crazy.
I hope they change their minds.
The internet is not for everyone.

If anyone hears info on the fish beating scene to the tune of 'At Last' in The Wife Aquatic, I'd love to know how anyone thought that was remotely funny and not disturbing.

I kind of want to hear the commentary for The Boys of Bummer, just to know what was going through their minds when they made that episode.

i heard the commentary for little big girl and frankly im shocked to find out it is 21 minutes of 50+ yr old men talking about how hot a 15 yearold cartoon girl is ;'|

Back