The Official Season 19 DVD Thread (December 3, 2019)

Also, sorry for the double post, but I didn't want this to get lost amongst everything I posted above.

When I bought Season 19, I noticed that all the earlier seasons have been repackaged to match the newer design. The exterior artwork was the same, but they are noticeable thinner, open from the top, and squeezing the box you could feel there were no plastic disc trays inside. I'm in Australia and here at least this seems to have occurred only within the last year or so; there are particular design trademarks on the spines of the "repackaged" seasons that match only Seasons 18 and 19 and differ slightly from 11-17. Has anyone had any hands on experience with these? Would love to see how they've adapted the interior artwork of those earlier seasons into the new design.

Also, sorry for the double post, but I didn't want this to get lost amongst everything I posted above.

When I bought Season 19, I noticed that all the earlier seasons have been repackaged to match the newer design. The exterior artwork was the same, but they are noticeable thinner, open from the top, and squeezing the box you could feel there were no plastic disc trays inside. I'm in Australia and here at least this seems to have occurred only within the last year or so; there are particular design trademarks on the spines of the "repackaged" seasons that match only Seasons 18 and 19 and differ slightly from 11-17. Has anyone had any hands on experience with these? Would love to see how they've adapted the interior artwork of those earlier seasons into the new design.

I haven’t had any experience with this but I just wanna say I’m jealous your country is having these re-released.

I got season 19 just recently, and while I like the menus, it is lacking in features. At least we have the commentaries.
Overall, I give this DVD set a 3/5, mostly for the menus.

Does anyone know if the Australian release discs are dual region (region 2 & 4)? Or just region 4?

In the past, DVD discs were quite often the same for regions 2+4 even if the cover said 2 or 4 only. I used to buy DVDs from AU, even if I'm in region 2.

Also lazy to see it's just them having stuffed the regular DVD sets with their own outer boxes and all in there (instead of using those multi-disc snap cases or something).

Multi-disc snap cases are an absolute nightmare to deal with. I'm relieved every time I buy a complete series box set not pulling that crap, just being individual box sets stuffed together or some other simple solution.

@OldSchoolerSimpsons, I actually haven't had any bad experiences with multi-disc cases. The 2017 re-release 'Star Trek' complete boxes of 'The Next Generation' & 'Deep Space Nine' gifted to me by a friend uses two extra thick snap cases & one slightly thinner (each complete set fitting seven seasons at 48-ish discs), and I think they are fairly easy to handle, but then again, I can understand how some have issues & find them clunky and unwieldly (and crap shipping probably causing more than a few damages).

As for that "complete" set of the season 1 through 20 set goes, I think those extra thin snap cases with room for two discs might've been preferable (certainly easy to handle and very space-saving), but I can certainly see some wanting to have the full sets as released individually with packaging artwork and all (even though it becomes a "space eater" on the shelf).

Last edited:
Back