The NHC is moving to xenforo

It's me again, and again with questions.

1) Recently I discovered an "Arcade" tab on the top of site (how I could to ignore it all the time:lol:), but entering there, I see these games aren't available to play cause "Flash Player plugin" nowadays (since the end of 2020) isn't supported anymore. So, the question: do NHC "new look" need a place for that tab, if soon nobody will able to use it?

2) is xenforo new look attack just on forum, or also main NHC site?

3) What about polls' new look?. (there is even entire thread for it) I know it perhaps doesn't matter with xenforo question (and more depends on the members themselves), but still.

It's me again, and again with questions.

1) Recently I discovered an "Arcade" tab on the top of site (how I could to ignore it all the time:lol:), but entering there, I see these games aren't available to play cause "Flash Player plugin" nowadays (since the end of 2020) isn't supported anymore. So, the question: do NHC "new look" need a place for that tab, if soon nobody will able to use it?

2) is xenforo new look attack just on forum, or also main NHC site?

3) What about polls' new look?. (there is even entire thread for it) I know it perhaps doesn't matter with xenforo question (and more depends on the members themselves), but still.

1: The arcade is INCREDIBLY outdated. It still utilise the now discontinued flash software, which is unusable if you do not have the Ruffle plugin. As its built into vbulletin, when Xenforo comes, it will be the end of the Arcade.
2: The main page uses the vB index page, which is also built into vBulletin. Judging by this, then the answer will be yes.
3: It's reached a majority on the decision, I guess they'll be polls on Xenforo.

Also, traditional question: how long to wait yet?:D At what step by now the moving is?

There is still no exact date for the move.

Sorry, my real-life work was absolutely crazy for me in April and May but it’s slowing down now. So I can hopefully prioritize the xenforo move in the weeks to come! I’ll keep you posted

👋 Did we (finally) do good?

3) not PROBLEM, but CUT OPTION: now we can't see, who is watching the thread right now: there used to be a list of "users, watched here". Technically, there is still enough place for it: right near the founder info. Or if all members' names would be too long, another variant - just a count like You and 3 number of users other members watching this thread (or topic) [right now]. Just my offer
4) in the very bottom there isn't an info about NHC forum itself (besides xenforo) like (R) The NoHomers Club 2001-2021
Also when using visual form (not toogle BB code) during dragging with hold down the ctrl key the text I want to copy, it moves instead. In the same time, in toogle BB code code all's OK

During a week+ of active usage, I still have these 3 issues.

Other is really good😊

I see, mentioned problem with toogle BB code was fixed. Thank you!
But there are some more😅:
1) why, in toogle code mode, I can't format the text using either this tools panel, enable in visual mode, but disabled in code mode, OR by pressing "hot keys" (ctrl+C, V, X etc.) and automatic generating code for needed format - you must either print [i]word in italic[/i] in manual by ownself, or switch to visual code and then use tool panel. It would be more comfortable, especially when making long posts
2) the search within the forum/thread, actually, doesn't perform well
2.1 the filter in forums needs to look simplier and add simple "order by title" item.

+ aforementioned☝️ 3) and 4) problems

Thanks, programmers.😁

Decided to briefly stop in to see if the move was complete. Otherwise this post wouldn't exist. I'm excited to see it back as I loved reading on the site despite my growing inactivity here. Great work!

Again me😂
I miss those "customer icons", which could be used to set as users avatar. Are they lost completely?

I must say that I do kinda miss the feature of seeing what users are viewing a particular forum or thread at the top or bottom (though I like that when highlighting a user name with the pointer, it shows where they are on the board which is a nice alternative), but other than that I don't have any real complaints as I find the new board to be really good (and a big improvement browsing-wise over the old one, such as no more weird random automatic log-off moments that I occasionally experienced on the old board).

The best thing about the moving I have noticed so far is how amazingly well works now the ignore function. I don't have any news from the user I have blocked since we moved to Xenforo and I like it a lot because none of his posts or the posts he is quoted appear in the section "Latest Simpsons Posts". Before Xenforo, the only thing that changed was a sign that said that a post belonged to an ignored member. Now it's way better.

Gee, Sandboy probably should've been back in NHC by now. He hasn't been active since almost three months ago. Just wait, Sandboy wouldn't want to miss new loglines for one of the upcoming Season 33 episodes from FOXFLASH or The Futon Critic website every week

Last edited:
Despite my often complaining posts, I want to note the main benefits loved with xenforo
1) The Editing. It was JUST MAD problem in vBulletin - random results either you are ABLE TO EDIT or JUST BLANK FIELD. To get around the rule, you needed to "quote" your post, and delete "quote" marks. NOW I can edit whichever my post, even the oldest, even the biggest, without fear of losing all (even after some time of accidently or not exiting from thread in fact, during writing this, I linked to other page twice). HUGE THANK FOR THIS!!!😍
2) The formatting. Wide (not the biggest, in the same time) variety of whatever easy text formatting techniques. (and also smiles:coolspot::ac:)
3) Again working search (my apologies for complains - it was just me).
4) Twitter/Instagram and other includes are back. WHOO-HOO. Actually more easy file attaching is here

Current issues:
1) Toogle code mode. Again, it's really uncomfortable to force switching from visual mode to toogle, or back. You can't be always in visual mode, because then you'll not able to use all shift+ hot keys, and sometimes, you must properly see on formatting change cause after your "TEXT IN BOLD", for example, the bold mode is still on for all further text, or "exit" from the quote impossible without toogle mode. In the same time in toogle mode you can't format the text using either this tools panel (it's just disable at all) you must either print word in italic in manual by ownself, or switch to visual code and then use tool panel - there is a need in automatic generating code for needed format.
2) the filter in forums needs to look simplier and add simple "order by title" item. Either, users just can replace it with search, not using at all.
3) I understand the design of this box was fit for default light mode, but in dark (or Shades of Blue, what I use) mode that's really weird to see this box content only after pointing the cursor there... Fix it, or just let it be light in all modes
1631376456796.png
1631376559827.png

Again, thanks to programmers and admins.😁

P.S. There used to be entire thread named Problems with forum for technical issues. Please, return it, to avoid my complain posts here🙃

Last edited:
Back