The Lounge: Now As Active As The UK Lounge

my shitty painful bladder syndrome shit is getting worse. had to pee 7 times in the night last night from 12am to fucking 7am and i'm sick of it. also i have a blocked nose and it's just that bit harder to get to sleep than normal. think i might just stay up tonight and let my body shut down whenever it wants

That sounds really crappy to deal with. Getting up to pee once or twice I can handle but damn, 7 times? I don't think I even peed that much at night when pregnant.

Has anyone here gone/donated to a Goodwill? I personally haven't, but would like to hear your stories.

I wouldn't ever buy used clothes -- unless there was a reason for it.

I would personally go to see if they had any cheap electronics/video games/interesting VHS/DVDs. The only thing stopping me is money (for cabfare and stuff), and distance.

I buy used clothes from thrift stores all the time :gatorshrug: I just wash them good upon arriving home.

I used to go to Goodwill/Salvation Army somewhat regularly to look for cheap stuff to either keep or resell. Don't have one in my neighborhood now, though. Donated a lot of stuff here and there, especially before moving. I usually forget to do anything with the receipts.

Used to wear a really nice leather jacket that I only later found out came from Goodwill.

Have never worn charity shop clothing but I wouldn't object to jackets myself. Big fan of leather when it comes to that sort of thing too.

Speaking of jackets...can I just say that Burlington Coat Factory is amazeballs? I went there while up in Tennessee (don't have them here) to get a new leather jacket for [MENTION=23743]D4C[/MENTION] funny enough. I was in awe. I wanted to buy so much stuff. I always have so much trouble finding jackets and junk that fit me nicely here but it wasn't even an issue in that store. Store was REALLY busy, too. Not sure if just because of the holidays at the time or what.

I went to Burlington Coat Factory over the weekend. Got some new clothes I sorely needed for practically nothing, so as to start rebuilding my wardrobe and reinventing my look. Look pretty, feel pretty. Plus this weekend I'm getting dragged to a wedding, and I was able to get a really nice formal outfit for only around $30 altogether; it felt good as a small victory, since the wedding is for an asshole who I passionately loathe, spending money on him at all makes me angry enough, and I was expecting to spend at least twice as much.

Getting my tooth pulled in about two hours. Screw this, it hurts too much to save up for the root canal. At least I get to go home from work early. Looking forward to feeling better. Hoping they give me some good anesthesia/painkiller.

Good luck with that. I was in a state of panic and worry when I had to pull my wisdom a few months ago. Absolutely terrified of getting dry socket but I took good care of it thanks to my paranoia.

I did enjoy the drugs after, though. I kinda needed them so yeah...

I actually just went in for a cleaning on Monday after work and she told me to come back next week because she thinks a filling fell out, ugh -_-

just kidding. When I got there the receptionist (who everyone hates and specifically mentions being awful anytime I mention this practice to anyone around here) argued with me that she scheduled my appointment for tomorrow, even though I was writing it down while I was on the phone with her and at least she told me that it was for today. So one more day. Tomorrow's going to be a very, very busy day.

I hate that kinda shit. I always get an appt card when people schedule me and I refuse to leave without some kind of proof. Over the phone is harder, though.. I've had several occasions where I come in and people don't know I'm scheduled, so I whip out my card. Can't do that if I scheduled over the phone.

Feeling extreme emotion today. I woke up angry. I felt extreme depression when I realized my nihilistic views of the world were not cheering me up. It made me remember how much time is short, and how my biggest fear is that within just 20 years, I've wasted a lot of it.

My day just felt like an unending shit fest. Depression, regret, grudges, everything attacked me. No fair advantage, I just woke up with those emotions poking at my head.

I hope tomorrow I wake up to a day that is sunny again.

Today is sunny. I woke up feeling refreshed, putting behind my thoughts. I was good for a few hours.

Message from University President: Certain Professor of Chemistry...

I only saw the preview "I am saddened to" and I instantly knew what happened. I'm in shock, and I think my campus is too. One of the professors died last night at his home. He was aged, and while it was expected, he still had his job here and it feels surreal knowing he's gone.

Thats sad, two of my fav profs passed away recently.. They were fun hard asses ..and had an on going intellectual feud over hows course of study was "superior".. Everybody has to die someday, but I had always romantically dreamed of these two going out by battling each other on the rolling deck of pirate ship in a high storm,.. but alas, they expired 3 months apart from normal causes.
:gatorcry:

Some professors are just great. A couple years ago, our theater professor was doing a play that he did before: Bye Bye Birdie. It was the very first play he directed in his younger years, and when he brought it to campus, it turned out to be his last during production. Another director took over and delivered what may be the last greatest play on my campus. The guy who took over had a scare last year with his kidneys failing, so it makes me more aware that at any point, anyone can die.

That's a shame, [MENTION=47291]Startug[/MENTION]; sorry to hear. A bunch of us recently heard our middle school PE teacher passed away. Ended up sharing all our memories of the guy who was a total hard ass who looked like Freddy Krueger when angry but if you listened and did what he said, you made a particular connection where the hard ass became a supporter and thusly became your favorite teacher. Kind of amazed the guy wasn't even 80 yet. He was at that school so long he taught some of our parents.

rihanna: abdasdbsadbjf weed nah nah nah sjdbfsbd cxcbxbvcxnv guh ner ner ner la da da
me:
tumblr_inline_o2rpofWeDt1r938u8_500.gif

me rn at my work desk

especially cause I'm bout to go home siccckkkkk

werk werk werk werk werk

Pardon me while I have a minor break down.

It is 6am, and I can't rest, can't sleep, can't function. I tried to burn incense, focus on breathing, count, etc but fuuuuck. I am in pain because of my health bullshit, but the pain reminds me of getting hurt. The anxiety and flashbacks are crippling. I don't know how to exist right now. I hate this so much. I have been cleaning my room the past few days, and I keep coming across shit with painful awful gross memories attached, and it is making it harder to function than normal. Plus hurting myself worse in the process.

Trembling and crying and afraid is not how I wanted to spend my night. Or any of my time.

I randomly found this on Google Images, almost peed my pants when I first saw it... :(

3733357d4ac7264406bf09b12d3f674dd24822010240c0e53b850d51d29fe948_1.jpg

I was searching knockoff products, that reminds me of that one guy from YouTube, JeepersMedia

[MENTION=73588]chunkychief09[/MENTION] we've had several bootleg threads in the past. I'm pretty sure that image has popped up in them a few times.

Is YouTube fucking around for anyone else right now? No matter what browser I use when I try to load a video it loads the first few seconds but then shits out and gives me a message to the effect of "An error occurred, please try again later". Only seemed to start a few minutes ago.

hey guys

so, I got the job! I started last week, which is why I haven't been on for a few days. it's going pretty good. I'm just a cart-pusher, like I originally was, but it's at a location close to where I live of course, and it's a little different. the store doesn't seem as busy as the first one I worked at a few years ago, but I'm still waiting for a busy day. the thing I like is there's almost always 5-6 people on the schedule; last night I was working till 10:30(same as tonight), and there were like 4 other people working the lot with me. I had my side pretty much all clear by 8:30, so the last couple hours of my shift was kind of boring. I like just walking the lot and getting carts, plus it makes time go by pretty fast. I worked almost all 8 hour shifts last week and they went by pretty quickly. interested in seeing how much money i'll be getting weekly, and how that compares to how it was when I first started out back in 2011. of course things are different(I'm not a minor and I'm working 30+ hours a week). the work environment is really nice and I'm actually pretty talkative with customers, as much as someone in my position can be. I'm thinking about asking to be a cashier, but whatever I decide, I'm honestly just happy to be back working. Aside from like 3 older guys, I'm the oldest in the department, since everyone else is a minor and when you hit 18 you can ask to be in the store. I've actually been asked numerous times why I'm outside pushing carts if I'm over 18, and I really don't have a good answer outside of "I actually like it out here..." 'Cause in the end, I do. sure, it's going to suck when it does get busy, and when winter comes... but I'm holding on. I took this job for granted last time around, when getting high and drunk was seemingly more important. going to be smart about that this time around, I'm only going to drink on occasion, on days where I don't work the next day, and I could take it or leave it when it comes to smoking. I'm just happy things are starting to turn around. :)

Mini-ramble.

You ever meet people who compare every single problem another person has to their own situation as if them being in a shitty situation means other people aren't allowed to complain about their own shit too? I feel like there's a word for that sort of behavior but I can't for the life of me think of it. I don't mean that the person with the worse issue isn't being acknowledged, more that they have this weird sense of entitlement where they and only they have the right to complain about whatever's going on in their life and fuck everyone else's problems because they seem incapable of empathy or understanding of others due to a high level of self-involvement.

Just read over my US History syllabus to check if I wasn't forgetting anything tomorrow. Thankfully, I wasn't, but I found out that as soon as we get into the Cold War, we'll be viewing a couple of my favorite propaganda shorts: Duck and Cover, and A Date With Your Family. The latter short, I don't know how I'll make it through class without MST3k riffs.

I spent the entire weekend + past few days being constipated with diarrhea. How does that even fucking happen?

It felt like I was in labor, contractions and all, with a poop baby for a week.

Plus I had a sinus infection.

I know similar shit (literally) thanks to the nightmares that IBS brings upon me. Organs feeling like they're knotting and binding constantly from eating just about anything it seems. It's a building pressure that you can't get relief from while the heat of it all builds and builds as you break out in a cold sweat, trying your best not to double over in pain as you attempt to walk.

Then before you know it you've gone from one extreme to the next as all that pain subsides with a single rumble and you're doing rhythmic breathing as you unleash a series of giant craps with the speed of diarrhea. :eek:

Awful, awful stuff.

Sinus infections I can live with but y'know, dealing with that alongside the rest of the above is another level of Hell.

All that plus all the complications and nausea of GERD/Gastritis made for a fucked up week. And I am supposed to be on actual vacation starting next week Thursday so this is like, the worst timing.

Back