The Lounge: Now As Active As The UK Lounge

this elaborate display in the hallway with a banner and a red carpet leading from the classroom of the girl he's 'Prom-posing' to all the way out to the main foyer where he was standing surrounded completely by balloons, with roses in vases lining it the whole way - and then let all the other students just skip class to go watch.

How is that not horribly coercive (unless the girl he's trying to ask out has already agreed and this is just some stupid thing for "show")? That's like those people who propose to their girlfriend in public in front of thousands of people. It's ridiculous.

Unrelated:

A friend I've had for years is (possibly) having his LDR girlfriend break up with him (maybe) and started flirting with me today awkwardly on FB (I woke up early, started talking to him, and then said i was gonna get up and take a shower and do some stuff, and when I came back he had said "*refrains from comment*" and when I pressed him for what he meant, said "nothing, i don't think you'd appreciate lewd remarks :P" and then told me he'd refrained from joking about "can I join you" or whatever.

It's like, DUDE. You're in another country from me, too! Just because we mildly flirted some online YEARS ago after my first breakup, when I was sad and lonely (and it didn't even get that far, either), doesn't give you the right to say that. It's like FFS, me saying "I'm going to the shower" was just telling you WHAT I WAS GOING TO BE DOING FOR THE NEXT HALF HOUR, not a flirt. :/

Last edited:
Also fun news today: I've wired my first surround sound system. It runs off of digital output from the PS3, which goes to a Sony audio receiver dated from as early as the year 2000, outputting to a 5.1 audio system. It's pretty nice depending on what show/movie I play on it. I guess the sad part is, my left ear is for the most part deaf, so I have trouble telling how well it is outputting.

I got an early birthday present today from [MENTION=49962]Smiling Politely[/MENTION]
aWlDpXY.jpg

After living in Derry for a year and growing accustomed to having a double bed with a headboard, moving back home to my shitty single without one was really shitty, plus having this is kind of a necessity for future visits. As an added bonus, the mattress is orthopaedic so it'll do wonders for my back.

Gonna take the opportunity to be all mushy and publicly tell Liz just how much I adore her. I know it's far from the first time I've been blunt about it in the presence of other boarders but getting to remind each other of these things is something that never ever goes out of fashion. I love you Liz. I love you so, so, so, so much. :gatorlove: :hug: :heart:

[MENTION=20302]Shaunbadia[/MENTION] and [MENTION=49962]Smiling Politely[/MENTION] I've been pretty inactive for the last year and a half, so I missed a lot, but when did you two become a thing?

[MENTION=49962]Smiling Politely[/MENTION] That's good to hear, happy for you two! And thanks [MENTION=38730]silent disco[/MENTION].

trust me walking on one leg and crutches is not fun
mum says i can't get the arm crutches cus they cost too much but the armpit ones were free and they suck

Lol the hospital where I had a cancer-scare operation in high school and was told afterwards that I should be in a wheelchair for a while wouldn't even give me the underarm crutches at first for that exact reason (they would be free to me but would cost the hospital too much) and it took my mom threatening to sue after the first time my staples ripped open from walking without any support before I could even get those. Good ol' American healthcare system.

Underarm crutches suck though. Them arms are gonna be sore for a while if you need to get anywhere with any degree of quickness. Sorry, Noodles :(

[MENTION=45538]handsome_devil[/MENTION] he's still alive, just not around here. He'll probably come back at some point. Good to see your still around, by the way.

ive already got bruises losticka : (
and also im super unfit so i can't travel anywhere without needing a break or 3

I'm back baby! Disney trip was great, and just the break we needed from the rat race. I'll be posting more details in the theme park thread, but here's a shot from the trip to tide you over!
13077013_1143416485709430_5652691059004485270_n.jpg

That's my best gal in front of the 'big golf ball' at Epcot

I haven't been to Disney in a long time. Last time we went there Space Mountain was closed and we stayed in the main park. Still loved it though.

hmm, well i dont normally lean on my nhc peeps for this sort of thing but i havent been in touch with my high school friends since '09.
our high school music teacher has been charged with sexual related charges involving 2 female students (im not going to link articles as its still a fresh story and out of respect for all involved and would request anyone who looks up the story does the same thanks) and ever since i heard about it i havent been able to get it out of my mind

i only had 1 class with him but all my friends were band kids who probably saw him every day so i got to see how much they adored him. i guess whats been troubling to me is he would have been the last teacher i would have expected this from. i mean we all had/have creepy teachers but this is totally out of left field.
he was probably the most respected, easygoing and friendly person imaginable.

many students have called him a mentor or unofficial guidance counsellor and as floored as i was i can only imagine how devastated they have been this past week.

totally down about it since i heard it on the radio at work yesterday though the original charge broke last weekend and i somehow missed it. i hope it turns out to be nothing but thats probably just wishful thinking

my grandma was rushed to the ER today. As soon as I got home from work, my mom packed up and ran in a hurry to drive 2 hours away. None of us know the details, only that she's in the hospital. :(

turns out she's okay. she went to the doctor for swollen feet. they noticed blood pressure wasn't right so they sent her to the ER just to make sure she was okay. that takes my fear off of the friday the 13th superstition for now.

Back