The Lounge: Now As Active As The UK Lounge

tumblr_mm1pe8CpuN1snhtaeo1_1280.png

We just vomited in fear over a ballistic threat warning sent to our phones (this is not a drill seek shelter stay indoors) and found out it was a false alarm meant to be... a drill.

The state notified us via more blaring emergency alerts about 40 min after the internet informed us it was a false alarm.

This week has been anything BUT happy:

My former boss called me Monday night and told me her oldest son, Drew, died in what is best described as a freak accident car crash: he was test driving a friend's car...the friend noticed Drew's hand/arm was shaking (I do not know if Drew suffered a seizure; an autopsy is being performed).

Suddenly, the car accelerated and crash into a wooden fence...one of the fence's post went right through the windshield and impaled Drew's chest, killing him instantly.

Drew was 38 yrs old (I have known him since he was 7). He's been married for 10 yrs and has a 10-yr-old daughter and a son who just turned 10 on December 18th.

Drew's funeral is this Sunday...I just hope I won't sob hysterically....I have been feeling weepy for days. :(

I've been living with my dad for about a month and a half, and my bro took the time to go through my stuff. Soooo he found a box, and in this box I hid some some particularly... feminine... clothing, which is an extremely embarrassing way to be outed (but it's my fault for leaving the thing sitting under the damn bed).

And so he asked my mom about it, my mom texts me to pry and now she's fully aware that I'm trans. She took that waaaay better than I expected but I told her to tell my brother the truth, which she hasn't done yet. So that's a heavy weight off my shoulders, but now I await his reaction, which in my doom and gloom mind I expect it to be a complete trainwreck. :sigh:

I think it's a genuine thing that people are generally more understanding when it's happening to someone they know.

I'm still far too chickenshit to tell my parents though so I can't test this theory.

Forget it, dash it. She eventually argued with me and started trying to talk me down from any kind of transition whatsoever so... my bro is fine, he said he still loves me. That weight is gone at least

Yeah, totally with Box Elder on this, [MENTION=67747]pax[/MENTION]. If I kept something in my room stashed away under something, inside something else, I'd would consider anyone snooping that far into my personal belongings to be invading my privacy.

I finally got back to writing screenplays that usually go nowhere. On this side of the coin, however, it actually has a small team behind it, not just me dreaming it will leave my desktop onto print. 12 pages in, I'm writing a feature-length psychological thriller film that I hope to screen at a few festivals next year. Production is expected to begin in a couple months as it's pretty low-budget and does not require a lot of sets. Wish me luck.

I ate at Wienerschnitzel last Sunday, the third time I've been to one. I got the beef chili cheese dog with onions, the same thing I've gotten all three times; it was decent, but the one bad thing was that I really had to pee and there was no bathroom.

The second Wienerschnitzel I'd been to had a little bathroom outside in the back, but that one was in Canoga Park, and this one was closer to downtown LA (it feels like the number of places with public bathrooms goes further and further down as you get nearer to the downtown of a city).

I ended up walking a few more blocks and then peeing at a gas station. Then I went to a bar, got there just before last call, and had a tonic water.

Holy shit I forgot I started this thread.

Good lord has it really been 7 years since the NHC/nerdgroupies split? Jesus Christ time flies.

even the ones that rise from the sea?

i do kinda wish the board was a lil more active outside sheep/peehs/showdown and all that stuff. yea theres discord, but idk, i think theres advantages to both. i get why its ded tho, like 7 ppl are gonna join a simps board in 2018 and most ppl just use discord

we need a new advertising strategy [MENTION=13536]Jims[/MENTION] send your yt subscribers here

I ate at Wienerschnitzel last Sunday, the third time I've been to one. I got the beef chili cheese dog with onions, the same thing I've gotten all three times; it was decent, but the one bad thing was that I really had to pee and there was no bathroom.

The second Wienerschnitzel I'd been to had a little bathroom outside in the back, but that one was in Canoga Park, and this one was closer to downtown LA (it feels like the number of places with public bathrooms goes further and further down as you get nearer to the downtown of a city).

I ended up walking a few more blocks and then peeing at a gas station. Then I went to a bar, got there just before last call, and had a tonic water.

I was recently in Dortmund and got so drunk that I missed my flight home, and spent the next 24 hours in a B&B with 2 Jamaican guys.

Pretty interesting actually.

The thing about Jamaican guys is that they are very attentive listeners, and hilarious storytellers.

Brutal hangover once I eventually got on the plane home tho.

Back