The Lounge: Now As Active As The UK Lounge

is anyone else not crazy about the name Nerd Groupies? I had no problem telling people I posted on NoHomers but no way I can say this new one outloud

I actually don't consider myself a nerd though, more of a dork/loser

I'll continue to not tell people about my online activity here, but if I were to, I'd be slightly less embarrassed to say nohomers than nerd groupies.

I'm sure it'll be fine and I'll get used to it, but I liked things the way they were, and I know people always say that when something changes, but I actually liked the change to an off topic forum with an extensive Simpson section and the new method doesn't sound as good to me.

But I'm sure you've thought through this decision and there's reasons why you think this is for the best. Basically I trust that it'll eventually prove to be a good decision, but my instincts tell me things were better the way they were.

there have been no normal sounding domain names available for the past 15 years, unless you shell out horrible amounts of money for one.

i once thought twitter was a horrible name. angry video game nerd? i would never mention his videos in public. and saying "i read fark daily" or "i post on something awful" only sounds normal since the sites have entered the public lexicon (for web-savvy people, anyway).

"i post at no homers"? if it doesn't sound ridiculous now, it certainly did 10 years ago.

is anyone else not crazy about the name Nerd Groupies? I had no problem telling people I posted on NoHomers but no way I can say this new one outloud

well i was borderline drunk when i registered the domain. but that's how all good ideas begin. :beerbang:

also it's one word, stylized nerdgroupies. i'll eventually correct the website's logo to reflect this.

Haha this thread is basically exactly the same as the other thread now.

It's cool that the nerdgroupies board will no longer have the perceived "Simpsons stigma" attached to it. It makes me wonder if people will be more hesitant to make random Simpsons references in threads, because some of those are killer. I know I'll still make 'em :headbang:

Mainly I'm looking forward to the articles because we've got a great shitload of writers here.

Full support Eric.

i once thought twitter was a horrible name.

it IS. it still is. i can barely bring myself to say it (or "tweet") with a straight face.

re: "nerdgroupies", i guess it's just a matter of different tastes or something. i've never liked the n-word much.

plus groupie has that "want to have sex with" connotation to it, and I (and others) need all the help we can get.

basement lurkers?

In any case, I'm sad to see the off-topic forums go and I am one of the few people who didn't think the off-topic forum idea was stupid. Still, the best of luck to nerdgroupies!

Conversation with coworker about the hurricane that made me feel like a piece of shit:

Me: Yeah it would suck if the electricity goes out, all me and my girlfriend's plan for the weekend was to watch dvds

Him: Yeah hospital's are going to be in trouble too

Me: : l

don't worry hospitals have generators and backups for vital life-saving instruments, so no need to feel bad.

That's what I actually said in reply ("don't they have generators? i'm sure they're preparing") but still felt like a spoiled white guy

there have been no normal sounding domain names available for the past 15 years, unless you shell out horrible amounts of money for one.

i once thought twitter was a horrible name. angry video game nerd? i would never mention his videos in public. and saying "i read fark daily" or "i post on something awful" only sounds normal since the sites have entered the public lexicon (for web-savvy people, anyway).

"i post at no homers"? if it doesn't sound ridiculous now, it certainly did 10 years ago.

well i was borderline drunk when i registered the domain. but that's how all good ideas begin. :beerbang:

also it's one word, stylized nerdgroupies. i'll eventually correct the website's logo to reflect this.
fuck yourself, eric

Back