The Loud House

So I am late (due to prioritizing other series and other things), but I finally sat down and watched 'Camped!' and wow, this was a very good episode. I dunno if anyone of you guys (@John95, [MENTION=78686]Wile E. the Brain[/MENTION] and you others) have seen it yet so I don't know what you think, but I feel it is probably my favorite episode of the show of the year (so far).

I thought it had a nice plot (Lynn Sr.'s old summer camp closing down and the famil going there for a last visit leading to a treasure hunt to save camp) which was very enjoyable and fun, with several nice sequences, nice jokes throughout and character moments). Despite mainly a Lynn Sr. and Lincoln story, It had something for the entire Loud family to do and I liked how all of them them got their moments to shine (also being quite well characterized) & I really liked Lynn Sr.'s dad showing up in person for the first time. I liked how the story played out with nice nice pacing, the absurdity and cartoonishness was kept to low level & I didn't find it as predictable as I thought it would be, such as  Flip ended up being a red herring  and also delivering a few other surprises, which I appreciated. I am also thankful end didn't go the way I feared (like an episode of SvTFoE which I disliked), which very well could have ruined it for me.

Furthermore, The animation was nice, expressive and suitably dramatic and/or moody when it needed to (one of the best looking episodes) and the musical score did stand out a fair bit this time & I very much liked how it brought out the best in the family (who all worked together without any cynicism; this was probably one of the most likeable episodes of the season). In short, a really good 22 minute episode with little to no moments I outright disliked (I think it was only the fart jokes with Lynn that I could've done without). In some ways, this felt like a classic 'Loud House' story but in the style of the current, modern season.

I'd say that this is one not to miss (and I am still surprised at to why they didn't air it as the season finale). Furthermore, I think this could have been interesting to see expanded into a movie, as I have previously been thinking of a similar 'The Goonies'-esque plot could be neat for a movie plot (and if anyone asks, I'd easily have taken this as a 60 minute episode instead of the season opener 'Schooled!', no question).

Last edited:
I haven't seen Camped! yet, but I finally caught up on most of the previous episodes. It was a fairly decent bunch. I think I especially enjoyed Rumor Has It if only because it appeals to me as a fan of horror stuff, I really like the atmosphere and the colors in this episode despite the moral with good will (I'm all for a "the cover is not the book" kind of moral) but a little sloppy, and the bit with Rusty and Mr. Bolhofner dancing together cracked me up. Director's Rut was the better episode overall. I was afraid they would make Luan the sole "bad guy" but fortunately, they acknowledge her classmates were in the wrong too. Great bit of dialogue when two of them ask themselves if it's Luan speaking through Mr. Coconuts or not ("At this point, I don't even know anymore").

Also, a new sneak peek for The Loud House Movie has been revealed. The movie premieres August 20 !

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">there's a new royal family in town  The Loud House Movie premieres Aug 20 on <a href="https://twitter.com/netflix?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@netflix</a>! <a href="https://t.co/RuJ9eWEEPu">pic.twitter.com/RuJ9eWEEPu</a></p>— Nickelodeon (@Nickelodeon) <a href="https://twitter.com/Nickelodeon/status/1403029652285833216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 10, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Despite keeping the same animation style (which doesn't bother me), it's nice to see the care they seemingly put into the colors, the shading and the expressiveness. I don't know why but it almost feels like a pop-up book at some points. A pop-up comic book, that is.

[MENTION=78686]Wile E. the Brain[/MENTION], the movie is indeed shaping up to look visually great (with the slightly different color palette, the lighting, the slightly more spiffy and fluid animation and whatnot really standout out; it almost really does look like a pop-up book this time around, but it might just be the castle theme and all that) and I hope the script will be a great one as well.

Also, judging by that preview clip, I can already see they will go in a fantastical direction (the baby dragon next to Lincoln) but at this point I've more or less accepted that the show more often goes in a more unrealistic and cartoonish direction, though I hope the movie won't overdo it.

It's always interesting to see how the visuals for animated shows improve when they get movies. Everything looks like it took an extra step in attention and effort. I think Matt Groening said when they were making The Simpsons Movie, they got the chance to focus on every individual shot, which is impossible when you're just making episodes every week.

I also agree with the opinion that it looks like a pop-up book. It's really important for us to get something that we wouldn't be able to get with the TV show. They tried improving the animation with the Hey Arnold! movie, but they were rushing to get it in theaters so it has a strange look to it half the time.

Two more upcoming episodes without airdates, and it's a double dose of Luna!

Dad Reputation
Luna plays in her Dad's new band

In the Mick of Time
Luna embellishes her friendship with Mick Swagger

It's always interesting to see how the visuals for animated shows improve when they get movies. Everything looks like it took an extra step in attention and effort. I think Matt Groening said when they were making The Simpsons Movie, they got the chance to focus on every individual shot, which is impossible when you're just making episodes every week.

I also agree with the opinion that it looks like a pop-up book. It's really important for us to get something that we wouldn't be able to get with the TV show. They tried improving the animation with the Hey Arnold! movie, but they were rushing to get it in theaters so it has a strange look to it half the time.
That can also boil down to the fact that it wasn't supposed to go to theaters in the first place and was originally intended as a TV movie. The Wild Thornberrys Movie came out the same year and when you compare the two it becomes more obvious that the former was supposed to be a TV movie.

It is a little surprising to get a pair of back-to-back Luna episodes (as usually the episode duos tend to feature different main characters) but I'm not complaining, especially as she's been in the background a lot this season (5), but she has had some great moments: for instance, her big scene in 'Camped!' was one of its highlights IMO (speaking of that episode, what did you think of it, John95?).

Two more upcoming episodes without airdates, and it's a double dose of Luna!

Dad Reputation

In the Mick of Time

That can also boil down to the fact that it wasn't supposed to go to theaters in the first place and was originally intended as a TV movie. The Wild Thornberrys Movie came out the same year and when you compare the two it becomes more obvious that the former was supposed to be a TV movie.

Yeah, Nickelodeon screwed them over on that one, or maybe it was Paramount wanting to keep the money train going that the Rugrats movies started. The Jungle Movie was supposed to be the theatrical release, but when the first movie didn't do well, Nickelodeon decided to put The Jungle Movie on hold.......for 15 years.

I feel like traditionally, movies that were made for TV or direct-to-video never do well in theaters. The only time that worked out was with Toy Story 2, which was an enormous gamble to begin with and almost permanently scarred the people who worked on it.

The only time that worked out was with Toy Story 2, which was an enormous gamble to begin with and almost permanently scarred the people who worked on it.

Regarding TS2, them almost losing the entire movie due to them accidentally deleting much of it I assume did most of the scarring. I can just imagine how it would have been had it not been for that one crew member happening to have backups of the files at home at the time.

Last edited:
CousinMerl, I did watch Camped! and thought it was alright. Though I do need to watch it again as the version I saw jumped around a few times skipping a few seconds ahead in a couple of spots.

And not to go too off topic but there's one thing that happened during the production of Toy Story 2 that I consider to be as equally scarring as the fact that the film was almost lost to time, and that was there was almost a casualty at the expense of the film's production! At one point during the nine months Pixar had to make the film that we know today, one of the very sleep deprived animators accidentally forgot to drop their child off at daycare before heading to work and left them in the car for several hours! By the time the animator realized their mistake the child was passed out but luckily was revived by paramedics.

I feel like traditionally, movies that were made for TV or direct-to-video never do well in theaters.
I actually thought that Return to Never Land (which was a similar situation as the Hey Arnold! movie and released the same year as well) was decent the last time I saw it which was back in 2018. Though on the same token I didn't care much for The Jungle Book 2 when I watched it back in 2016 only having seen it twice before (the first being in 2005 when Disney Channel showed it one night).

John95, I think I've heard that TS2 horror story before but either way, it is even worse than the one I mentioned. Seems like the production of the movie really was struck with some bad luck and it is a miracle it turned out as well as it did.

Regarding 'Camped!', I definitely think it deserves a proper viewing since a faulty video like that with skipping etc. (actually sounds like one of those awful YouTube clips with cuts and skips as a means to avoid copyrights) would do it no favors.

CousinMerl John95

I also read about that story of the animator leaving their child in the car. It's a miracle that the film turned out as well as it did considering the extreme circumstances everybody was working under.

Now that I think about it, every Toy Story sequel had some production issues. The second one, enough said. The third one was originally meant to be produced by Circle 7 Animation, and they had a screenplay fully written until Disney bought Pixar and the original idea was thrown out once Pixar took over production. The fourth one was delayed multiple times and had several people leave the project (such as John Lasseter, Rashida Jones, and Will McCormack).

The Luna double feature of Dad Reputation and In the MIck of Time are now confirmed to air on July 16th. In the meantime, two more episodes have been announced that don't currently have US airdates but did air earlier today in Italy!

Much Ado About Noshing
The kids help Dad track down the mysterious person who left Lynn's Table a bad review.
Broadcast News
The Action News Team has to cater to Chandler's demands after he buys the club new equipment.

Nice to see the Luna duo getting an airdate & both those other new episodes sound potentially good (and speaking of Chandler, I am still a little disappointed they backtracked on his character development of becoming nicer to Lincoln and Clyde in 'Jeers For Fears' which seemed to hint to him becoming more or less friends with them, but I suppose the writers decided they needed a clear nemesis).

[MENTION=17229]CousinMerl[/MENTION], Well, whenever you do get around to watching them you're probably gonna find yourself disappointed by at least one of them as I thought this was a weak offering.

Much Ado About Noshing: Overall very meh. I'll admit that I didn't see the final twist coming... But at the same time it was really dumb and lead itself to a pretty weak ending (outside of being able to land it's final joke of the episode). Like Silence of the Luans and Rumor Has It , this is another episode this season I don't see myself coming back to.

Broadcast News: It was alright. Just like Mr. Bolhofner there's only so much Chandler I can tolerate in one sitting, especially when this episode ends with him being as awful of a person as he was at the start. Though he does at least get his comeuppance at the end.

[MENTION=75269]John95[/MENTION], I had no idea those two episodes ('Much Ado About Noshing' & 'Broadcast News') are already online the same day they aired in Italy. I'm guessing you saw an subtitled version (unless there's some leaked version in English)? Also, I find it strange how there's many episodes nowadays that air in some other country before the native US.

Anyhow, I could guess that the former could be the weaker one, as the plot do seem a little predictable and in all honest a little petty (I mean, one bad review isn't everything, you know), but I still look forward to seeing it and the other one despite neither sounding that good.

[MENTION=17229]CousinMerl[/MENTION], They're in English, the only thing that's Italian are the title cards.

Also, I'd like to make a correction as Broadcast News is actually called Broadcast Blues.

[MENTION=75269]John95[/MENTION], I see regarding to how the episode aired in its original format (I thought that non-English speaking countries was showing it dubbed to the native language). And 'Broadcast Blues' makes better sense as the title, as usually puns are used and 'Broadcast News' did sound a bit too ordinary.

Happy to say that the Luna double feature last night was a success!

However, it turns out these two episodes aren't part of the same production as Dad Reputation is labeled 519a and In the Mick of Time is 521b. When aired, both had their credits shown which revealed the titles and casts of their partner episode. 519b is Dream a Lily Dream and 521a is Lori Days. Outside of that, nothing else is currently known about these episodes and the two that aired early in Italy last month still don't have a confirmed airdate(s) for the US.

[MENTION=75269]John95[/MENTION], Well, I obviously haven't seen the Luna duo yet (will get back to the thread once I have), but regarding the way they keep airing the episode out of production order (well, at least won't pair up the right ones as intended) still has me wondering. It feels so weird they are throwing the episodes around in various orders instead of sticking to the straightforward ones with the proper numbered A and B episodes.

[MENTION=17229]CousinMerl[/MENTION], It's pretty clear that this was done so that they could offer two new episodes regarding Luna considering they aired as part of a music related event.

Well, since the old thread disappeared with the old forum, here's the all new one for news and discussion about Nickelodeon's The Loud House. I also figured it is time for a new thread as the The Loud House Movie will be out tomorrow friday on Netflix.

To start things off, I did watch the two episodes that aired in July but had no chance commenting on them before the board went offline for the move, but I can say now that I liked them both (and it should come to no surprise as they both were Luna-centric episodes). 'Dad Reputation' was a nice one (a well done "teenager embarassed by their dad", but it felt weird how Luna's embarassment was played up) & 'In the Mick Of Time' was okay (decent plot with Luna lying that she knows the rock star Mick Swagger, albeit it feels like I've seen the "character has play two parts at the same time" trope a few too many times, but the end result was still fun).

The movie will be interesting and hopefully good (and the trailer that has been released was nice). It is confirmed to be set before season 5 and its time skip and I've also noticed that they are changing a few character background aspects from the show, but I believe they are doing so to make it more accessible to newcomers who never saw the series.

Last edited:
The fact we got another "character having to handle two personalities at the same time" episode not so long after Undercover Mom is a clear sign the show is dangerously getting in a rut. On the plus side, I appreciate the call-backs to For Bros About to Rock and House Music, especially because they have a reason to be here (it makes Luna thinking she's a known friend of Mick plausible, instead of her getting that "lie" out of nowhere), but its biggest redeeming quality is by far Nika Futterman, which seems like she had fun impersonating Jeff Bennett's interpretation of Mick. Other than that... meh. Dad Reputation was decent, albeit playing on the "aesop amnesia" trope (as TvTropes likes to call it) since Luna seems to have forgotten that she played with her whole family (including her dad and his cowbell) without any worries of being embarassed and that it even got her being noticed by Mick Swagger, no less. I guess I'm nitpicking but this is the kind of thing that sticks with what we know about Luna since 5 years.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to see the movie. Man, to think it's been two years since Kevin Sullivan announced he finished the first draft of the script. I'm not expecting something outright spectacular but with what we know about it so far, I'm hopeful that we'll get a good and enjoyable one, accessible to the newcomers while reminding the fans why they like the show and the Loud family, as individual characters and as a whole. I already like the focus on Lincoln wondering what makes him stand out among his sisters, each with her specific characteristic while he's more of an everyboy, hopefully this movie is gonna do well with that.

@Wile E. the Brain, while I cannot really fully share your cynicisms about the fifth season and its episodes, you do have a few good points regarding it starting to feel a bit stale and uncreative here and there (which is not helped by the fact that they make it so much denser and wackier this season instead of the previous somewhat grounded yet absurd style).

'In The Mick Of Time' might not look that much alike to 'Undercover Mom' but yes, it do have a similar story (though the former is more of a typical "two-timer date" story) and it just felt like too soon (and the show has done it before and better) & as for 'Dad Reputation' I also thought Luna being this embarassed by her dad was really weird (almost silly) considering she hasn't been shown to be so before, but still, I thought both were fine and enjoyable (though not two of the best Luna episodes overall).

That said, despite the issues I've had (including less standout episodes and more okay-to-forgettable ones), I'm still enjoying the fifth season as a whole, finding it has some nice episodes such as the abeformentioned 'Undercover Mom' and 'Camped!' (what did you think of that one, btw?), though I believe the spin-off 'The Casagrandes' has been of a higher quality recently, but season 5 is IMO not as bad as it is often made out to be (and I don't feel it has reached seasonal rot nor shark-jumping just yet).

But regarding the upcoming movie (which indeed rightfully seem to focus on the main premise of the show, with Lincoln trying to make it as the middle child of his large family), I mostly really have positive feeling about it judging by the trailer and clips I have seen, of which the opening (as seen below) is a sweet one so I'm hoping they'll hit a home run with it as a whole.

Last edited:
@CousinMerl, it's good if season 5 still entertains you, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a killjoy here. In fact, I don't even think the show has gotten THAT bad, and I do enjoy season 4 despite many people calling it the beginning of the show's downfall (however, I do think it's been the season where what hurts season 5 in my opinion starts to be kinda noticeable). I'd say that so far, season 5 is more average than anything (not to the point where I'd affirm we're getting in a seasonal rot though, a bad season can happen to any show, and after four good ones, it's not enough for me to call it a downfall), but it does have good stuff to offer, and yes, Camped! is a part of it, I enjoyed this one a lot from beginning to ending. So, I'd say there's room for improvement regarding the current state of the show, and I don't think it's impossible, so here's hoping for better things to come. And I say that as a fan of the show since three years.

I haven't watched the opening because I want to keep the surprise (since there's a song in it apparently), but I've seen some images from it, and it does look really sweet. That's all I expect from the movie : amusing yet sweet and heartwarming. What makes me really like the show (among other things).

@Wile E. the Brain, Oh don't misunderstand me. I don't think you're trying to be a killjoy and I don't have a problem at all with your middling feelings on the fifth season as I understand your grievances (I do after all share some of them with you as well, even though I generally have enjoyed it a little more thus far, it seems. I still am disappointed that they didn't do more with the time skip than they have, but rather seem to exaggerate or rehash older ideas inbetween the good stuff).

I rather welcome differing opinions like yours (it is always interesting to hear varying takes on episodes, etc) so while I don't always agree, I still think it is nice to read other views, but this time I don't always disagree (again). Like you say, the season may be lackluster to a point and is more average than bad, but there is still room for improvement and with the quite good to great episodes still showing up, I just don't see the show going off the deep end yet (and I remain hopeful that the sixth season might be an upswing).

As for 'Camped!' it is probably my favorite of the season thus far (it had pretty much everything I'd want from a solid episode of the show and it sure showed that the show still has the spark). The treasure hunt itself was actually a plot I have long since been thinking would be a good plot for a movie, but the actual movie plot (which seem to be one big travel episode) seem to be a great one as well.

I understand why you avoided that clip. Even though I don't think it is that spoilery at all, I respect you've been waiting for the movie to see it (but if you had seen it like I did, I don't think it ruins anything, haha). I have actually hoped the movie would contain some songs so I am glad it does (and I would love if it the characters sung in it as well as the main cast have great singing voices, after all.)

Well, since this thread is back I can now report that we'll be getting four new episodes next Friday!

The first two are Much Ado About Noshing and Broadcast Blues finally getting their US premieres after they've been floating around since June when they first aired in Italy. The other two are Dream a Lily Dream and Lori Days which were first revealed last month when their casts were shown during the credits of the Luna episodes. Their synopsis' are:

Dream a Lily Dream
Lisa discovers the only way to stop Lily's nightmares is to go inside her dreams and fight them.

Lori Days
Lori makes a surprise visit to the house when she feels like she's missing out on the inside jokes.

@CousinMerl, sorry I gave you that feel of being misunderstood. But anyway, yeah I agree, it's still interesting to me to confront our opinions and whether we agree or disagree, it's always nice to see why someone did (or didn't) enjoy an episode IMO. Like I said, I won't give up on the show even after a lackluster season (which is bound to happen with a popular show, especially an episodic one with 52 episodes a season, it certainly must not be easy for the writers to keep up), I know things can get better and that there's always good to find. Camped! is definitely one of my fav episodes of the season so far, but as for my absolute favorite, I think it might be The Boss Maybe.

I didn't avoid the clip because of an important spoiler, just because I like to keep the surprise for the movies and series I'm looking forward to. Just like when Disney releases a new animated movie and one song from it becomes a massive hit before said movie even comes out (like How Far I'll Go from Moana), I forbid myself to listen to it before seeing the movie because I want to hear it for the first time the way it's intended to be heard. Well, that's the best example I could find right now aha. By the way, I just saw the movie... I'm getting into further details later, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, and if you guys have seen it, I hope you did as well.

I didn't avoid the clip because of an important spoiler, just because I like to keep the surprise for the movies and series I'm looking forward to. Just like when Disney releases a new animated movie and one song from it becomes a massive hit before said movie even comes out (like How Far I'll Go from Moana), I forbid myself to listen to it before seeing the movie because I want to hear it for the first time the way it's intended to be heard. Well, that's the best example I could find right now aha. By the way, I just saw the movie... I'm getting into further details later, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, and if you guys have seen it, I hope you did as well.

I see what you mean. I usually try hold myself from watching spoilery preview clips from a lot of movies and shows (usually animated) that I really look forward to (and it was hard waiting until the proper premiere of the delayed second season finale of 'Amphibia' but the wait was worthwhile), but here I did come across the link at the tail end of July and got a little curious as I had nothing else to do at the time (such as with the old NHC being shut down) and figured it wouldn't matter with the opening 2 minutes of an 83 minute movie. I still don't regret watching it as it gave just a brief taste on the movie without anything really being given away (it was more or less a summary of the show).

I haven't seen the full movie yet, but I saw a couple of brief non-spoiler review videos and they were both very positive, saying it's a really good and funny movie (and a proper musical too, which I actually was hoping for). Definitely looking forward to see it soon.

Saw the movie. Totally non spoiler-y comments: Most of the songs are very good, though the Loud Castle just seems there to pad the time. Really liked that they gave Lily lots to do, she's showing more personality now that she says more than just 'poo-poo'. Lincoln did veer a little close to throwing a pity party at points and the scene where he realizes what truly makes him special was telegraphed a mile away but it's a kids movie so not surprised there. It's wacky, like most of the episodes I have seen but it's also fun. Clyde wasn't a big presence, but he was cute in his scenes. Ditching the Lori crush and giving him traits beyond Lincoln's slightly more timid bro has done wonders for the character. I liked it well enough, 7/10 makes me hopeful the Christmas special will be of similar quality.

Glad you enjoyed it. And speaking of the Christmas special, we just got a trailer, I guess it was the right time, I mean, a few days after the Netflix animated movie, makes sense I suppose.

Well, it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, at least on an artistic point of view. Many comments are right, it's probably gonna work better than a live-action FOP movie since The Loud House is more of a cartoonish sitcom, but not saying that I'm fully convinced it's not gonna be a poorly directed DTV movie like so many from Nickelodeon and Disney Channel and I just think it's too late for such a product to come out of the franchise. Also I don't like how it's seemingly lacking of brightness in the eponymous house. I don't know if it's just me, it just feels less comfy, less alive. But I do find the challenge of having actual kids this time to play those kid characters interesting.

Funny thing, Brian Stepanek is still here to play Lynn Sr.

Back