The Loud House

plus there's the ending  with the prankster having done what they did to inspire Luan to start pranking again (and succeeding)  and it felt insulting (and it rendered the end of 'Fool Me Twice' pointless), which I'm guessing is the terrible ending you were talking about [MENTION=75269]John95[/MENTION]?
Yep, and since you've seen the ending I can also mention the criticism that I've seen here and there that is unfortunately validated by episodes like this which is that some characters are stagnating or outright regressing like Luan did here. And it's funny that you mention how this also made Lily look bad because I've seen some people say that they like this as it gives her more of a personality. But yeah, turning her into a G rated classic Stewie really isn't the way to do it.

All in all, I don't know why they felt like they needed to go back to this well after 3+ years since none of these episodes have ever been good (correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you used to like Fool's Paradise and Fool Me Twice?), and Luan was doing just fine before this. While I hate Fool's Paradise more this one negatively impacted two characters instead of one! God help us if they decide to give us a 5TH April Fool's episode!

One thing I'd like to mention about Undercover Mom is that I saw a some people upset that Leni has seemingly broken up with Chaz (her crush from L is for Love, and Really Loud Music alluded to that they were dating). While I'm not as upset as them, I am bummed because I liked the idea of her being interested in a guy that one wouldn't normally expect from someone of her kind of archetype.

And it's funny that you mention how this also made Lily look bad because I've seen some people say that they like this as it gives her more of a personality.

I think episodes like 'Any Given Sundae' managed to give her more of a personality just fine, so it's odd that some like this one for doing what it did (exaggerating her this much and cartoonishly). I mean, come on, at least keep her personality more or less in line to what we've seen before, expand it here and there and build upon it, but going this far was when portraying a 2 year old is just too much.

All in all, I don't know why they felt like they needed to go back to this well after 3+ years since none of these episodes have ever been good (correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you used to like Fool's Paradise and Fool Me Twice?), and Luan was doing just fine before this. While I hate Fool's Paradise more this one negatively impacted two characters instead of one! God help us if they decide to give us a 5TH April Fool's episode!

Like I probably said before, I still think they should have left the April Fools episodes after 'Fool Me Twice' (which had a good final scene that could have worked so well as a end to that trilogy), but here they just throw that out the window and resets Luan, pretty much. Like you say, she was just fine even after those episodes so there was no need to restart them (had this episode ended with her not getting back her pranking groove back and not warp Lily like it did, it would've been much better. These two things sunk what could have been a good episode).

And about your question, I did say I liked them but not that I was a fan. Looking back at when 'Fool's Paradise' aired, I did at first say I kinda liked it (and 'April Fools' Rules') but then I said it was kinda disappointing as it was just a dark reprise of the first one and unnecessarily cruel & 'Fool Me Twice' I said was decent but not that much of a good episode (and it later ended up as one of the worst of the season when I later made a Top & a Bottom 10). While I never hated them, I suppose the two didn't age that well.

I guess I'll rank them. At the moments I'd say it goes 'April Fools Rules' > 'Fool Me Twice' > 'Silence Of The Luans' > 'Fool's Paradise'

Last edited:
You know, I don't think I ever qualified an episode from The Loud House a guilty pleasure of mine until I watched Silence of the Luans. This episode was weird as hell. I honestly never minded the April Fool's episodes that much even though I totally get why people hate them, but I take them as I feel they are, kinda like the Loud House version of a Treehouse of Horror segment, and I kinda ejoy them as such (especially Fools Paradise which totally embraces it). But even I thought that this time, all bets are off. And somehow I both like and dislike this episode for this reason. Even I thought that such an episode is kinda out of place in such a show. I know, cartoon logic and all, but seriously, all this Silence of the Lambs stuff with Luan locked in the basement for a whole week feels like a fish out of water. And yet, it's so crazy that I liked how they wanted to fully embrace that, just like they did with Fools Paradise (in a better way in the S2 episode IMO even though it was pretty damn insane too). Because it kinda feels like the breath of fresh air I wanted after quite a number of pretty dull episodes in a row. At least I can tell that I found this one one of the funniest of the season so far. Especially the Saving Private Ryan-like scene, it was hilarious to me. And the animation direction is pretty fantastic.

I think the plot itself sums up my divided feelings towards the episode. While I do really like the idea of someone other than Luan being responsible for the April Fool's day madness this time and Luan herself being accused of it, this concept is in a way flawed from the basis alone because I just can't see any of the other Louds wanting to take her role over. And yeah, the prankster being Lily just goes against what I like so much with this show. I appreciate that they want to give her more personality but I just wish it remains as grounded as it could be, because yeah, like you guys said, that's basically a TV-Y7 version of Stewie Griffin, and I hate that. And why in the world does she want Luan to come out of retirement ? This is just nonsense. (Oh yeah, and she does come out of retirement as a result so... yeah, I understand if some people didn't take that well.)

... But man, I can't help but feel like this one was one of the most entertaining from this season. Like, I know it's ridiculous, but... I was kinda amused. I mean I was amused at some points, and I feel embarassed at some others. Hell, sometimes even both. I can't completely put my finger on why this one amused me while I disliked episodes like Blinded by Science largely because they were goofy, however. So yeah, even though I think it's the weakest of the April Fool's episodes, I still would call it a guilty pleasure of mine. I don't know what else I would call it honestly. I'm so confused about this episode that I wanted to let it out while it was still fresh in my mind and to review an episode from The Loud House for the first time since quite a moment.

(Oh yeah, and Undercover Mom is a very good one. I liked the chemistry between Rita and the girls a lot in this one. Easily one of my favs of the season.)

Last edited:
[MENTION=78686]Wile E. the Brain[/MENTION], I was honestly entertained by Silence of the Luans as well until that ending which for me was enough to completely cancel out any goodwill the episode had and make it the worst of the year so far (but not the worst April Fool's episode which for me is still Fool's Paradise). Like [MENTION=17229]CousinMerl[/MENTION] said, episodes like Any Given Sundae were just fine in terms of giving Lily more of a personality, and that was before they aged everyone up by a year!

As for how I'd rank the April Fool's episodes from best to worst (even though there's never been a fully good one to date):
Silence of the Luans
Fool Me Twice
April Fool's Rules
Fool's Paradise

[MENTION=78686]Wile E. the Brain[/MENTION], I'm not at all surprised that you find it good and entertaining since, well, it was quite enjoyable for the most part (yes, I think so too) and as a whole, I never really minded the 'April Fools' episodes per se despite not a big fan of them. They are fine even though I'm not overly fond of them (and the 'Treehouse Of Horror' feel they give I still stand by).

And just to clarify my opinion, I don't think 'Silence Of The Luans' is not that much of a bad episode and I for sure was entertained by it (great parody stuff like Luan in her cell, some good jokes and awesome animation as said; one of the best of the series in that respects), but it's just that the last 3rd with Lily revealed to be an G-rated Stewie Griffin and the ending (with Lily having Luan get back into pranking and her April Fools' business) didn't work for me at all and just deflated it and spoiled some of the "goodwill" it had managed to create.

I will say that the more I think of it, the more I kinda like it, but that ending (which took away from the point of 'Fool Me Twice's ending with Luan suffering from Aesop Amnesia) and Lily's really cartoonishly OOT portrayal as a baby super genius I don't think I'll ever come to love. The direction they took the episode was just too much, but I will say I feel it is slightly better than 'Fool's Paradise' which was just way too mean-spirited and dark (yes, I did bump 'Silence' up in my rankings, maybe undeservedly so but still. It might age better than the second or third episodes, I dunno).

[MENTION=75269]John95[/MENTION], I am surprised you find 'Silence' the best with how ill you spoke of it, but I'm not surprised since it does have a lot of positives that even have made me think better of it so maybe not the worst of them all to me (the first one I still like the most), but not the best either.

Last edited:
[MENTION=75269]John95[/MENTION], yeah I guess the last part was mostly responsible for my mixed feelings towards the whole episode but I still had some difficulty to make up my mind on if I was liking what I was watching or not even before that part, but since it decided to completely go for it regarding the cartoonish side, I was somehow having a blast a couple of times (the aforementioned Saving Private Ryan parody - can't help but imagine an adult laughing his ass off in front of this scene while his kid probably wouldn't get why - or the scene in Lisa's basement with the robots and canons, don't know why but it reminded me The Terror of Tiny Toon from The Simpsons). But yeah the last part made the whole thing even more difficult to rate. I think the best way I could talk about it is that I found it a good and funny episode on its own merits, but a pretty bad episode of The Loud House.

(Oh and by the way, I was kinda upset too by Leni/Chaz apparently not being a thing anymore for the same reason than you. I won't make a big deal of it of course, but I always found that really charming that Leni would have a crush on someone with such a bodily appearance, and that fits well with her character. Also, I absolutely don't know why but the other guy made me think of a male and emo version of Marcy, aha. My brain is weird.)

[MENTION=17229]CousinMerl[/MENTION], entertaining yes, but good, not really. Like I said I'm torned about it, but if I had to rank it on a scale from 1 to 10, that would be something like, say, a 6 I guess. Just like you I found the last third way too ridiculous and I totally understand if it ruined the episode as a whole for some people because I didn't enjoy those ideas a bit either.

(Oh and by the way, I was kinda upset too by Leni/Chaz apparently not being a thing anymore for the same reason than you. I won't make a big deal of it of course, but I always found that really charming that Leni would have a crush on someone with such a bodily appearance, and that fits well with her character. Also, I absolutely don't know why but the other guy made me think of a male and emo version of Marcy, aha. My brain is weird.)

I forgot about replying to what [MENTION=75269]John95[/MENTION] wrote about that the other day so I'll add my view

I too think it is disappinting that it was something they scrapped, even if I'm not as bothered by it as some. I too think it was a sweet thing that someone like her would love someone like him, but I'm not surprised that they are broken up, in part due to how teens not always stay together but maybe also Leni & Lori's song in 'Really Loud Music' alluded to the relationsip being a bit shaky (her text message thread with him seemed to hint to them drifting apart or at least having some sort of issue. I remember some talking about it when the episode came out).

I dunno what to say about the new guy she has a crush on as he seems like the dark & brooding stereotype, but it could work out (plus, maybe it's just me but he looks like someone who could be an aquaintance of Lucy & the Mortician's Club).

Last edited:
[MENTION=75269]John95[/MENTION] & [MENTION=78686]Wile E. the Brain[/MENTION], I don't know about you, but speaking of Luan and the April Fools episodes, something I find really kind of weird is that the writers were so keen on "resetting" Luan to be a hardcore prankster again (and also regaining her lust for her April Fools' day terror, it seems) but seemingly do not intend to bring back her dropping random puns like she used to.

I always liked that recurring gag thing, lame as it could be, and I really kind of miss that (as they gradually toned them down to the point of her rarely dropping them anymore) and I always hoped they would bring those back more than I would the April Fools' episodes or the extreme pranks. Have you guys ever been thinking about her lost Pungeon Master status and if they should bring it back?

[MENTION=17229]CousinMerl[/MENTION], Yeah, deciding that that part of Luan's character was worthy of possibly resetting is like them suddenly deciding to make Clyde obsessed over Lori again after not having it been brought up since late 2018 I think. In the end, everybody loses because the fans lose by being forced to imagine that one of the show's worst traditions could continue and the show loses by validating the people who've been saying that it's been in decline with one of the reasons being the regression of certain characters.

On a lighter note, there's still no word on when Hurl, Interrupted and Diamonds Are For Never will air in the US (though I've seen them and thought they were good, nice way to spend my birthday which was March 30th), but we have new episodes with plots revealed but currently no airdates:

Rumor Has It
Lincoln and the gang are trapped in the woods with Mr. Bolhofner, who may not be who he says he is.
Training Day
Lana gets more than she bargained for when she takes on Stella.

The idea of a whole episode with Mr. Bolhofner as a main character when there's only so much of him I can take in a single sitting is definitely a hard pill that the show is trying to force me to swallow, but I like the premise for Training Day, mainly the idea of Stella getting paired up with one of the sisters.

[MENTION=75269]John95[/MENTION]

'Rumor Has It' sounds interesting; I seriously hope that they will give Bolhofner some positive character development and make it stick. I hated how it seemed like they were on the track on having him starten to soften up at the end of 'Schooled!' but then in the next episode he's in he's back to being a piece of crap jerkass again (and they made him a creep, that with how he said "Say hi to your mom from me" to Lincoln. Ugh).

'Training Day' seems like a good episode. Pairing up one of Lincoln's friends with one of the sisters do sound like a neat idea (and these two are real opposites) and I wonder what they might do with it. Hopefully they won't go overboard with Lana's recent obsession with dirt and filth.

I haven't seen 'Hurl, Interrupted' and 'Diamonds Are For Never' despite the early international airing but nice that they seem to be good ones.

Hurl, Interrupted and Diamonds Are for Never are scheduled to air on May 7th, and Rumor Has It and Training Day, on May 14th. We've also got plots for two new episodes that are scheduled to air on May 21st.

Director's Rut
Luan turns into Mr. Coconuts for help after she struggles to direct the school's play.

Friday Night Fights
Lisa joins Lynn's football team at the analytics coach to prove that math will always beat out heart.

The former has a synopsis that may sound silly, but it makes me think of that bit in Stage Plight where Luan confides in Mr. Coconuts about the kiss with Benny for the play and gains confidence after that. I thought it was an interesting way to show that she's able to solve a situation or to gain confidence all by herself, and by talking to herself (literally). It would be interesting to see a whole episode revolving around that. If they don't make Mr. Coconuts sentient, that is.

The latter by the synopsis alone gives me huge MoneyBart vibes, aha. I can already see the ending from here but the dynamic Lisa/Lynn for such an episode sounds as fun as it sounds obvious.

[MENTION=78686]Wile E. the Brain[/MENTION], Pretty sure they'll just do what they've been doing with Mr. Coconuts by keeping him non-sentient (barring the few one-off instances where he wasn't, but all of those were as the final gags of their respective episodes). And after Silence of the Luans, she's really in need of having another episode like this.

I might just end up rewatching MoneyBart (and like many episodes past Season 20, for the first time since it's original airing) before Friday Night Fights airs to see which episode does this plot better.

EDIT: Also, while Kevin Sullivan had previously said that the movie was aiming for an April release, it's pretty clear at this point that that won't be the case and it's looking as though it won't be the case for next month either.

[MENTION=78686]Wile E. the Brain[/MENTION], while the plot of 'Director's Rut' does sound potentially silly, I too think that Mr. Coconuts won't actually be alive, though I'm sure they will, as before, lean into a bit of absurdity with how he seems like he has some sort sentience at times (often as a little joke, which I do usually like). The episode itself seems good and much like [MENTION=75269]John95[/MENTION], I'm happy to get a normal Luan episode (as those have often been some of the better ones, such as 'Stage Plight' & 'A Pimple Plan', both of which do include Benny. Maybe it is just me, but I feel that his character often brings out the best in her & I'm guessing he might show up in this one, too).

'Friday Night Fights' do sound a bit like 'MoneyBart' (which I haven't seen in some time, but do certainly remember as one I did enjoy quite a bit) and the plot do seem very predictable, but still a nice sounding premise for an episode that could turn out to be fun (and as shown before, Lisa interacting with Lynn has been enjoyable to watch which makes this all the more something to look forward to, at least for me. Also, nice to see we're getting yet another sister-centric episode after all the Lincoln & friends material that the season has so heavily been leaned towards).

Regarding the movie, a shame that the April release fell through (as it has been really oddly quiet about it I definitely think it won't happen any time soon). I wonder if they ran into problems with the production or if something else got in the way?

Aha, yeah I was kinda joking about Mr. Coconuts being sentient for a whole plot, I don't think they would do that either. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me that much if they actually do, considering how wackier things got as of recently. :D

Some news on the movie popped up. Set for release Summer 2021.

In Nickelodeon’s much-anticipated The Loud House Movie, the biggest family on television goes on the biggest Loud family vacation ever! The adventure follows the Loud family to Scotland where they discover that they are descendants of Scottish royalty. The family quickly indulges in the most wish-fulfilling high-life ever when they discover their ancestral home is a castle.

Director Dave Needham (head of story, Smallfoot) and writers Kevin Sullivan and Chris Viscardi planned this hilarious family trip, which features the voices of Asher Bishop, Michelle Gomez, David Tennant, Grey Griffin, Jill Talley, Brian Stepanek, Jessica DiCicco, Liliana Mumy, Cristina Pucelli, Nika Futterman, Lara Jill Miller, Andre Robinson, Cat Taber, Katy Townsend, Carlos PenaVega and Izabella Alvarez. Produced by Nickelodeon Animation Studios.

Source: https://www.animationmagazine.net/s...s-sonys-vivo-previews-summer-animation-slate/

Official Tweet statement from Netflix: https://twitter.com/NetflixFilm/status/1387481791347544064

Last edited:
Loud house it's not a bad show, but honestly I'm not a fan. Just too much episodes is really predictable and schematic. And newer episodes aren't that good like earlier.
But I love animation style, it could be used in a better show. :lol:
BTW in Poland (my country BTW) few years ago episodes with Clyde parents were banned for LGBT... Man, they even don't air new episodes with these characters.

Another two new episodes, these scheduled for May 28th.

Grub Snub
When Leni and her friends start hanging out at Gus's, Lincoln and the gang start a turf war for control.

She's All Bat
Lucy gets jealous of Lola's newfound attention after she joins the Mortician's Club.

I like the sound of these, but I'm the most interested in the second one. I haven't seen the two recent episodes that aired ('Hurl, Interrupted' & 'Diamonds Are For Never') but will get back once I have.

I liked both of the recent two. Gonna give some briefer opinions below (and unmarked spoilers, as usual).

'Hurl, Interrupted' was a nice Lynn episode. I like these that show a bit more human and flawed side to the characters and Lynn is someone who definitely benefits from them, such as here where she's afraid of riding the large and spiffy rollercoaster as she has a fear (or rather phobia) of throwing up as she had a bad experience with that at some earlier point. I liked her friends showing up again (especially Paula whom got some surprising development, but also Margo and Maddie), I enjoyed her asking Clyde for advice & seeing more of Dairy Land (the butter churn scene was fun) and the climax with the violent cow was entertaining. The ending I liked (despite feeling a bit too convenient with her losing her fear just like that) since it did kinda feel earned in a sense. Enjoyable.

'Diamonds Are For Never' was a fun episode with a few surprises. Putting Lola against Bud Grouse was a neat idea and it turned out to be a nice slapstick-esque episode with the two competing in treasure hunting (by detecting stuff in the dirt) and fighting over who's gonna watch the diamond they found together (until they can sell it and split the cash). The first part with the competing was fun but it got better with the second half and the other not trusting the other and the two going nuts on each other's house to find the diamond once it disappears from it's storage case. The twist I did not expect, their reconciliation was sweet and the ending with the money going to repair the other's house (except for some they use on ice cream) I enjoyed. One of my favorites this season.

Last edited:
I'm glad the movie is traditionally animated. If it's any good, maybe it can win back some fans who feel like the show's declined.

Then again, the movie has been worked on for years and it's going to exist in its own universe, so I don't know how much of a positive effect it will have on the show.

[MENTION=73661]Dr. Nihilistic[/MENTION], Are we really sure the film really exists in its own universe? To me it seems like it could be set a little earlier in the series (without even referencing any past episodes) but then again, I don't recall the opposite having been stated.

Last edited:
[MENTION=73661]Dr. Nihilistic[/MENTION], Are we really sure the film really exists in its own universe? To me it seems like it could be set a little earlier in the series (without even referencing any past episodes) but then again, I don't recall the opposite having been stated.

I could have sworn I read somewhere (maybe it was this site) that the movie was self-contained. I don't know how it will play into the continuity since I'm assuming the kids will be a year younger than they are now. But since they're going on vacation, I don't think that will even need to be addressed.

I think most animated movies based on cartoons don't factor into the continuity. The SpongeBob movies have never been addressed in the series, The Simpsons Movie never had any effect on the show, the Hey Arnold! movie had no effect on the show. I know there was an episode of Teen Titans Go! that was made to address the events of the movie, but that rarely ever happens.

[MENTION=73661]Dr. Nihilistic[/MENTION], I don't think the movie will outright reference the show or directly factor into its continuity either & therefore let me its own thing, but even if it was stated on some site it's an alternate universe movie or something (I might have read something like that as well, now that I think of it) I still think its feasible it just takes place within a previous season (as Lori seem to still live in the house & Lily has her season 1-4 design).

Last edited:
If I recall well, when Chris Savino was still on board and when the movie was still aimed to a theatrical release, he said that the events of the movie likely would be out of the canon of the show. But I'm pretty sure that the movie we're gonna get now is totally different than the one that was intended before.

About last week episodes, I wasn't much into Hurl, Interrupted, not just because of the vomiting stuff (though they gotta stop relying that much on gross humor, it's not as bad as it was in Strife of the Party obviously, but still) but mostly because it felt rather artificial to me. But Diamonds are for Never was a fun and pretty fresh watch. I like those stories where things get crazier and crazier and I almost wish this episode went even further with the climax but being a season 5 episode, it has to end with the apology and all, but still worth it. I'm surprised that Flip seemingly wasn't that much interested by the diamond, I was hoping his request to be some sort of share on the money the diamond would get, instead of just having one of the two apply solar cream on his back. (By the way, cartoon logic but a metal detector isn't supposed to detect a diamond, aha.)

[MENTION=78686]Wile E. the Brain[/MENTION], I didn't mind the vomit stuff in 'Hurl, Interrupted' (much as it was off screen, unlike Lana being sick and throwing up on Rita onscreen in that one older episode, which I think is as gross the show has gotten with vomit jokes; overall, I think the show has had surprisingly little grossout humor, even if season 5 has amped it up a little). I don't think the episode was artificial (other than the ending that solved Lynn's problems and did feel really convenient as said) and I liked how it gave Lynn some more character development and explored one of her fears, but I can see how it's not to everyone's liking.

I guess I'll throw in my brief views on the last four episodes. Spoilers and all that below.

'Rumor Has It' was a decent one about Lincoln & friends dealing with Mr. Bolhofner. It was pretty obvious where it was gonna go with a story like that (the friends trading the horrible rumors that goes around about Bolhofner) but I still enjoyed it and the journey to the end, found it visually interesting with some neat moody backgrounds & animation, a few nice visual gags & I appreciate them trying to give Bolhofner some good character development (plus the ending with them doing something good for him was nice).

'Training Day' was a pretty good Lana episode with her as a "pet whisperer" (finally they lean into her love for animals again). Good, amusing story about Lincoln & Stella enlisting her to train Stella's mean and misbehaving pet rabbit Jazzy, having some funny sequences with her having a lot of troubles with the rabbit that goes around destroying and ruining everything & I liked the twin-talk moments between Lola & Lana (amusing). I didn't completely predict the story twist, but I think it was a nice one (and the end was sweet).

'Director's Rut' I found a strong Luan tale. Solid and down to earth plot about her getting to direct her own stage play, but her friends railroad her script with their own ideas and changes; I really felt this had a good conflict for her. Mr. Coconuts taking over as a tyrannical, no-nonsense director was pretty funny & it ended nicely with Luan, after a pep talk from Ms. Bernardo, going to her friends (who quit) with an apology and the truth & is met with apologies, ending well with the play directed and performed as intended.

'Friday Night Fights' was OK but didn't get into it. It had a decent story story with Lisa deciding to be the analytics' coach for Lynn's football team and her trying to guide the team to victory with numerous tricks and strategies had its moments, but it was kinda forgettable, Touchdown Bot (yet another robot character) I didn't like & Lynn's teammates all being replaced I saw coming. Lisa being depressed after failing was the standout moment (showing her humanity & flaws) & nice ending with her and Lynn reconciling (and the team being back).

My ranking of these: 'Director's Rut' > 'Training Day' > 'Rumor Has It' > 'Friday Night Fights'

Third post in a row, I know, but I figured I'd post the info on the upcoming double length episode:

Camped! (May 31st)

When Dad discovers that his childhood camp is closing, he decides to take the family for one final visit; they soon uncover a map that could lead to a treasure big enough to save the camp and prove the existence of an old camp legend.

Sounds like a potentially good one. I am surprised that this isn't the season finale (two regular episodes after this one left, it seems).

Haven't gotten the chance to watch Camped! yet but will later. Though I did watch the previous two episodes and thought they were decent though I preferred Grub Snubbed more.

However, it's funny how [MENTION=78686]Wile E. the Brain[/MENTION] brought up recently how Leni's new crush resembled a male version of Marcy because in Grub Snubbed we got a more direct comparison between both characters on their respective shows voiced by Haley Tju!
9VOLyQT.png

Now that has got to be an intentional reference no doubt. Looks almost too similar to be unintentional.

Haven't seen the last two episodes 'Grub Snubbed' and 'She's All Bat' yet (currently catching up with 'The Casagrandes' first with those three recent episodes). Will chime in later with my thoughts on said two episodes and 'Camped!'.

(Oh, and by the way, [MENTION=75269]John95[/MENTION], what are your thoughts on 'Rumor Has It', 'Training Day', 'Director's Rut' & 'Friday Night Fights'?)

[MENTION=17229]CousinMerl[/MENTION], Rumor Has It was slightly better than I thought it'd be, but the show was still asking a lot out of me to put up with a whole episode about Mr. Bolhofner and it's another one I don't see myself ever coming back to. Training Day and Friday Night Fights were both alright (I actually forgot to rewatch MoneyBart before the latter to compare the two) and Director's Rut was the Luan episode we needed after the huge misfire that was Silence of the Luans.

My rankings would be (as well as the two most recent ones before Camped!): Director's Rut, Grub Snubbed, Training Day, She's All Bat, Friday Night Fights and Rumor Has It.

[MENTION=75269]John95[/MENTION], I agree that 'Director's Rut' was a nice surprise after the messy 'Silence Of The Luans' and while I am not a fan of Bolhofner I still find 'Rumor Has It' was his best appearance thus far (and I hope he'll end up improving as a character some more; maybe an attitude change would be nice). I watched 'Grub Snub' and 'She's All Bat' today and I liked them fine as well. Here's my brief takes:

'Grub Snub' was probably the most interesting and a good one. I liked how it sorta combined being a Lincon & Friends and a Leni & friends episode with the two parties butting heads about "hanging out" at Gus' Game & Grubs & also filling the quota of being a Lincoln vs. sister(s) episode, one of which we haven't gotten in a while. Anyhow, it was an enjoyable story with some nice jokes & interactions and a nice end (plus I do think we meeting Gus for the first time was noteable.).

'She's All Bat' I liked too. A good story with Lucy & the Mortician's Club & also a good Lola plot with her joining their club (plus them being two of the most entertaining sisters IMO helped). I did like how they didn't outright have Lola go full goth but more or less "only" had a positive influence on the gang & even Lucy being jelaous and tryng to boot her sister (to keep her from ruining the club) wasn't very original, I still enjoyed it and the end was a sweet as well. Another nice episode.

My ranking of these right now would be the same as you (I have softened up with 'Friday Night Fights' quite the bit. A sister-centric episode usually beats a Lincoln & friends story in my book even when it has a pointless robot character, but 'Rumor Has It' was more visually interesting).

Back