The end of a tyrant (my cat, 1998(?)-April 6th, 2018

D DEBBS

Hazbin Hotel's Housekeeper!
Tyrant Tumultuous tabby came one month after my mom passed away on March 15, 2001...my family was outside enjoying the sunshine and Tyrant came up to them begging for food.

My father took pity on Tyrant and gave him scraps from the kitchen.

It was my little brother, Todd, who wanted to adopt Tyrant...my father said "Yes."

My family thought Tyrant was a girl because I didn't see any testicles...my father and I took Tyrant to the vet....hours later, the vet called and said, "Your cat's already been 'fixed'....and your cat's a BOY."

It was me who gave Tyrant his name because of his over-demanding personality: if he wanted something, he wanted it NOW!!!!! Not when...not then....NOW!!!!!

Tyrant would kick the door to my room, jump on my bed and hit me on my shoulder with his paw and stare down at me until I got up and went to the kitchen and fed him.

He did NOT like cat food...he liked 'hoo-man' food more....he loved any style of chicken (caccitore, marsala, teriyaki, baked) and especially loved seafood, particulary salmon and ahi tuna.

When I am at the library like I am now, tyrant hung out with my older brother, Mark and watch 'Star Trek' together until I got home...then he would harass me when I am trying to make dinner.

Tyrant INSISTS on eating dinner with me: he would wait until I put a towel on my bed, set the plate and then I would shred his 'hoo-man' food and put it on the towel so he and i can eat together.

Tyrant's 'last meal' was the ahi he so loved....last night, he was meowing constantly...I tried to get him to stand up, be he couldn't.

My older brother, Mark, and I took tyrant to a 24 hour vet...the vet told both me and Mark that Tyrant's lungs were filling up with liquid (pulmonary edema) and that he has heart failure...because of his, Mark and I both decided that it was best to euthanize Tyrant so that he won't suffer.

The vet let me say good-bye to Tyrant before he euthanized him....Mark and I came home sobbing hysterically.

Mark is usually unemotional and stoic like Spock on 'Star Trek'...he told me last night: "It's a 'macho' thing....I LOVED TYRANT!!!!!"

I'm very weepy as I am typing this...I hope I don't cry at the library...Tyrant is 'my boy.'

There will never be another cat like him.

Tyrant is with my mother....I bet she's rolling her eyes at him and he's bossing her around, just like he bossed me around!

See you at 'Rainbow Bridge', my furry-purry nephew.

If you wish to send me condolence cards, my address is: 1744 Jonathon St, Vista, CA 92083...you can also contact me on Facebook under the name Debra Jean Hopkins

Thank you....I have been extremely weepy all day and have been trying NOT to cry at the library!!!!!

Very sorry for your loss. I had a bunch of cats growing up and it was heartbreaking every time another one passed away. Twenty years is a long time for a cat, I hope you and brother can find solace in the fact Tyrant lived a long, full life with people devoted to him.

The way you would occasionally post in Tyrant's voice demanding hoo-man food was one of the most endearing things about this community :Tyrant:

Poor little furbaby kitty. I understand your pain in the loss of your kitty. Just know that he'll be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. :)

Sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is heart-breaking. It sounds like you gave Tyrant a long, good life.

Thank you, everyone: coming home and dinner time isn't the same without him: I'm so used to having Tyrant greet me when I come home from either grocery shopping with my brother or coming home from the library...I shared my dinner with 'the old boy': I'd place a towel on either my bed or my brother's bed, place shredded/chopped up meat on said towel so Tyrant can eat it and then Tyrant and I would both have dinner together while watching either the local news or Youtube videos....Tyrant recently hung out with both me and my brother because he and I both were watching Youtube on steaming TV (my brother has Roku in his room).

aw, my heart sank when i saw the thread title. so sorry for your loss, d debbs. you clearly loved him so much and gave him a great life.

they said ryan was a tyrant but he could never compare to the genuine article

I'm so sorry for your loss. We have two cats (plus ferals we feed outside) and I'd be devastated if I lost any of them.

This is something I fear about my dog, and for it to happen to you... that's beyond tough. and I don't know how you're handling it, but you have my condolences. Long live Tyrant

I've had to send off many of my beloved family pets to the Rainbow Bridge and it never gets any easier. RIP.

To quote Brody, thank you for the 'CAT'-dolences...I'm trying NOT to cry my head off at the library reading all your messages...I miss 'my little boy' so expletive much!!!!!

Back