The Complete Thirteenth Season DVD Collector's Edition: The Official Thread

s13ba.jpg

August 24th, 2010

I got the joke right off, you guys need to stop being so anxious for news as to call anything news.

Good work on the mock-up newb.

so what is the harm in speculating? we might as well have this same discussion on the s21 thread, as there is absolutely nothing in there either except a bunch of episode titles

FFS you don't have to post just for the sake of posting. If there is nothing to add then DON'T POST. Go outside and play with your Action Man figures, or whatever the devil you kids do these days.

FFS?

and what's the harm? it's the exact same thing in the s21 thread. naturally people are curious and anxious, so why can't we just speculate for fun? it's the same thing whenever a new episode is announced in the season thread.

It's just annoying, mindless circular posting. It's getting as bad as the D'ohmer situation. I see new posts in this thread and expect new information or at least some useful discussion.

Instead we have completely shitty artwork posted by a brand new obvious troll account, with no source, then 40 posts of "discussion" (at least half of which are you and cinco) about whether it and the date is real.

And before that, everyone went through which characters would be appropriate on the box at least 3 times.

Seriously, how many fucking times can you post "oh, but that could be the real [date/box/colour/shape]"??

Oh, and: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=FFS&l=1

i like how these threads always kind of die out when the dvd is actually released

The seasons are never going to catch up at this rate. Lets assume they only release season 13 later this year. They should have stuck to the original concept of 2 per year and that stopped in 2007. Here's what should have happened.

2007 Season 10, 11
2008 12 13
2009 14 15
2010 16 17

We would have been on seasons 16 and 17. Only 4-5 seasons behind instead of 8.

The seasons are never going to catch up at this rate. Lets assume they only release season 13 later this year. They should have stuck to the original concept of 2 per year and that stopped in 2007. Here's what should have happened.

2007 Season 10, 11
2008 12 13
2009 14 15
2010 16 17

We would have been on seasons 16 and 17. Only 4-5 seasons behind instead of 8.

In an ideal world, yes. In 2007 it was understandable with The Simpsons Movie release delaying the due season for that period, but since then the schedule have remained screwed up for whatever reason...

In an ideal world, yes. In 2007 it was understandable with The Simpsons Movie release delaying the due season for that period, but since then the schedule have remained screwed up for whatever reason...

Yeah I know. :( If they release one season per year like they are doing now (season 20 doesn't count), they will NEVER catch up, unless the show ends, which doesn't look like its anytime soon.

I guess they are going to do this new formula.
Combining a new-season release with an old-season release in the same year.
And the reason? Well, I think they just want to release each new season in such a barebones-style from now on to hop on the blu-ray bandwagon.
But eventually they will release the special edition regardlessly.
Or not, if it isn't profitable anymore.

2010: S21 - S13
2011: S22 - S14
2012: S23 - S15
2013: S24 - S16
2014: S25 - S17
2015: S26 - S18
2016: S27 - S19
2017: S28 - S20

I guess they are going to do this new formula.
Combining a new-season release with an old-season release in the same year.
And the reason? Well, I think they just want to release each new season in such a barebones-style from now on to hop on the blu-ray bandwagon.
But eventually they will release the special edition regardlessly.
Or not, if it isn't profitable anymore.

2010: S21 - S13
2011: S22 - S14
2012: S23 - S15
2013: S24 - S16
2014: S25 - S17
2015: S26 - S18
2016: S27 - S19
2017: S28 - S20

Seeing those dates depresses me, like 7 years off! Shit, I've already wasted 8 years on this forum...

101938298x.jpg

I like this picture because I feel that these are the characters most likely to ever be on the cover of a season box set. Some of these characters, such as bumblebeeman should never be on the cover. I can't really think of any character not on here that I'd like to see on a cover.

Comic Book Guy was also uncalled for to become the second non-family coverhead.
So anyone could end up being it, I guess.

I like the random character choices as long as they stick to main characters (No Gil or Disco Stu). I also like that whenever you see a cameo of the character in an episode of the season where they are on the boxset, it's like "Hey, it's the star of the season!". Not that the cameo is great or anything, but even when they are shown in the background somewhere, it's like a lesser version of "Where's Waldo?". It's a silly concept, but it's fun. Krusty might not have an episode in season 11, but he appears on screen alot more than you think if you actually pay close attention. He's almost in every episode actually.

... and they released the boxset at the time of the simpsons ride which is basically hosted by krusty thus the theme park theme for the dvd.

Back