The Casagrandes

[MENTION=78686]Wile E. the Brain[/MENTION], having had the recent episodes in mind for a while now, I have to agree with you on their ups and downs unless I already did. Some further thoughts of sorts:

That bisexuality moment in 'Operation Dad' you mentioned I think I forgot about, maybe as there were so many things going on in the episode but good that the show is embracing those themes like 'The Loud House' has), Carl sort of getting rewarded after being disobedient in 'How To Train Your Carl' was a little odd but it made sense in the end since he didn't do it out of malice (also, did you get the Monkees joke which I mentioned? Still the biggest laugh for me from the episode), About 'Flea Market' I agree that both Bobby and the kids had points but were in also both the wrong at times & as for 'Copy Can't' it has dropped a bit in my view as it fell short and wasn't so interesting nor funny, but it had it's moments; weakest episode of the show after 'Stress Test'.

Ranking these I'd say 'Operation Dad' > 'Flee Market' > 'How To Train Your Carl' > 'Copy Can't'. How about you?

Last edited:
That bisexuality moment in 'Operation Dad' you mentioned I think I forgot about, maybe as there were so many things going on in the episode but good that the show is embracing those themes like 'The Loud House' has)

And the paradox here is the fact that I mentioned it while the very strength of these shows is to tackle those topics without making a big deal about it, just like they're normal part of our society, which they are. But I'm still impressed of how naturally they embrace those themes, that is a good way to praise diversity. The Loud House and The Casagrandes are definitely among the most human animated shows out there. Also, like I said I really liked how Ronnie Anne just casually avoids the subject of a boy/girlfriend instead of making an awkward moment about her thinking about Lincoln and being like "No he's not my boyfriend" or something; that's a detail but I think it was a pretty mature moment.

Nope, didn't notice the Monkees joke in How to Train Your Carl. I have to rewatch the episode I guess. And same ranking for me.

Last edited:
It's been a while I watched any episodes of this and since I did see the remaining ones just recently I'll briefly go over them:

'Away Game' was a decent episode. Nice that they followed up so soon on Ronnie and Bobby's dad moving on the city with the former two spending time with him by sleeping over at his new apartment, etc.; nice conflict with Rosa thinking they might prefer it over the Casagrande apartment and doing everything to make them want to leave their dad's place by trickery and so forth. Some nice gags with Sergio the parrot among other things.

'Monster Cash' was fun with a good premise of Carl getting the idea to make money on an ghost tour featuring the legendary El Cucuy from Mexican folklore. Nice plot for Carl and his scamming side (also getting help from the pets Sergio and Lalo), some fun moments with the supporting characters like Adelaide and Vito & Ronnie as the doubter was good. Nice visuals, sorta predictable towards the end but not too much & it ended up all right.

'Trend Game' was an good Ronnie episode. Nice plot about how quickly new trends and fads come and go and Ronnie not being able to keep up & getting help from Carlota to look cool at school. Some nice gags (such as the nerd being unluck & the disgruntled lemur getting back at Sid for giving him a bad haircut), good conflict for Ronnie having to keep up the cool trend charade to her friends (Sid stole the show as usual) & good ending.

'This Bird Has Flown' pretty much sucked. I like Bobby & him talking with Lori, but I didn't like the plot. It really just was about Sergio being an annoying jerkass to Bobby but getting excused and praised by the family & once Bobby tells him to fly away forever, he does so and doesn't return while the family get worried. Bobby eventually feels bad, tries to solve the situation but fails, apologizing for no reason (even to Sergio who suddenly shows up and says he was gone to teach Bobby a lesson), though softened a little by Sergio apologizing too. Still didn't like this one.

'V.I.P.eeved' was pretty decent. Carlota getting to do the pre-show makeup and live blog interview for pop star Alisa, who's having a show in the city, & having trouble with her family coming along was a fun plot, had some good jokes and was enjoyable. Carlota's story was a good one, trying to balance serving Alisa and keeping a leash on her family (good that the family wasn't intentionally embarassing). The end was nice.

'Senor Class' was pretty meh but not bad. Hector enrolling in Ronnie's and Carl's school to get to finish school (as he didn't get a chance in his youth) was an oddball plot but worked well with the humor of him unintentionally embarassing them. I liked the two cooperating to get him out of school with various attempts, leading to some amusing situations. Hector getting homeschooled instead was a good end.

You seen any of these latest ones yet, [MENTION=78686]Wile E. the Brain[/MENTION]? Also, finally, I see that no info on new episodes have come up so I guess there'll be another hiatus, like there is with the Loud House since mid-February (still waiting for 'Write And Wrong' and 'The Purrfect Gig').

Last edited:
Just dropping my thoughts on the previous episodes I didn't already comment on (I assume you'd like to know despite not having posted here in a while, [MENTION=78686]Wile E. the Brain[/MENTION]. If you have the time, I'd like to hear yout thoughts on the eps as well).

'Fast Feud' was a nice little episode. Entertaining plot about Ronnie Anne's and Sid's enmity with the newly opened burger joint across the street (with its too bright neon sign & annoyingly loud jingle). Got some funny bits with them trying to get rid of it (most with Sid the scene stealer, obviously, plus the pigeon infestation scene). Nice ending with the two making peace with the place (after regretting their attempts after the joint had its problems fixed). I also liked the two "burger fools" who ran the place.

'Never-Friending Story' I thought was decently okay-ish. I liked the story of Ronnie helping Bobby to get a friend (though I'm pretty sure he's been shown to have friends before) and them testing out the neighbors if they are good fits for friends were pretty fun bits. Parr (the store helper) made sense, even if I thought that him and Bobby were already friends, but Parr being an adrenaline junkie which was too much for Bobby and I honestly just didn't really care about. This one felt really throwaway.

'Slink Or Swim' was kinda nice. Nice plot about the family going to the city pool and Carl being averse since he cannot swim (and the others thinking he can) and Bobby secretly helping him learn to in exchange for Carl teaching him to lace his shoes (which was both amusing and kinda sweet). It had some nice scenarios and little gags & enjoyed their interactions (plus how the rest of the family never found out about Carl). The "chocolate bar as poop in pool" gag got old and felt too immature, though.

'The Big Chill' I found a pretty solid one, having a good story of Ronnie and the Casagrande kids trying to make money for an air conditioner for the apartment during a big heatwave, with some nice scenes and gags involving their tries with various street business ideas that don't quite work out, aside from the "sitting booth" (with some nice parts for the secondary characters). Nice end with Ronnie getting the idea to convert the broken crushed ice machine into an AC (which was a clever solution).

'Karma Chameleon' was fun with its plot of the kids taking care of the reptile pets of the Chang family and keep the pets hidden from the landlord Mr Scully. It had some nice sequences and jokes with them running around to keep Scully from seeing the reptiles, with Bobby getting a lot of the best bits & the final act with the snake (that can turns invisible) on the lose. I liked the snake saving Scully from choking which made him relent on his reptile ban (even though it felt a little forced). Not great but nice.

'Team Effort' I liked. Nice plot with Ronnie and her friends Nikki, Casey & Samir trying to get the school coach Crawford to accept their skating as a sports club by following his rulebook. Lots of good little moments here, such as the gang getting Sid on the team (despite her being an terrible skater) as well as the geeky Laird proving to be an skate ace (I liked him getting more to do). The twist was maybe a little predictable but I liked the end with the coach accepting them due to their teamwork.

I see there's a few coming up shortly so I'll probably comment on those too after seeing them. Though, due to the lack of interest in this thread I'll probably stop posting thoughts on individual episodes once the first season has finished.

On another note, I've seen that the Casagrandes wiki merged with the Loud House wiki, which feels like the right way to go. A joined Loud-verse wiki is definitely better than separate ones.

Last edited:
(I assume you'd like to know despite not having posted here in a while, [MENTION=78686]Wile E. the Brain[/MENTION]. If you have the time, I'd like to hear yout thoughts on the eps as well).

Yeah, sorry for being so late with my thoughts about the last episodes of the show. I'm still struggling to find time to talk about the series I like here (I didn't even talked about the last Simpsons episode of the season). But I swear I'll talk about them as soon as I can. I won't give up on this thread, I really like to talk about the Loud House franchise, even though I'm still waiting this spin-off to impress me, since it is so far a decently enough series.

[MENTION=78686]Wile E. the Brain[/MENTION], I hope you find the time to share your thoughts on the episodes so far (and the series as a whole, too)

I am too waiting for the show impress, but like you I think it's been pretty decent so far (but still below 'The Loud House'). Since I don't think it's that good or anything (maybe that's why there's been so long between my recent posts here) I never really have any high expectations so that's probably why I barely ever really dislike an episode (aside from the odd one, such as like 'This Bird Has Flown').

Also, I don't know about you, but I have noticed the show feels overall more simplistic, immature and cartoonish than its sister show, but I'm guessing that is because of the difference with the production staff and wanting to differentiate it more from the more grounded and realistic 'The Loud House' (which I guess is why I prefer the latter).

OK so I have a lot of episodes to talk about, and I'm gonna be kinda brief about them while still trying to put the right words on what I did (or didn't) like about them.

Away Game answered to my expectations of having some episodes about Arturo being in the city (hope this won't be the only one) and this was a decent one. Pretty funny for the most part (Sergio stole the show here) but Rosa's character has been a little too exaggerated here for her own good. I can understand her fears at first but wanting the kids to come home and not stay with their dad is plain mean-spirited, and as far as I remember, she didn't apologize for her wrongdoing.

Monster Cash is just good ol' fun to watch. A simple premise that leads to good silliness, Carl being really funny here. I liked the subversion about the monster not being Ronnie Anne (even though the real responsible isn't that hard to find out either but it's a fun moment). And Sergio's last line "Heard that before", I wonder if that's a way to mock episodes with a character seemingly learning a lesson at the end while returning to his old wrongdoings in a following one, and if that's the case, that's clever.

Trend Game was a pleasant surprise, as someone who dislike these trending things, I thought it would be a poor attempt to be "relevant" through cringe challenges that get old the next day for the sake of poor comedy, but it actually is a well written Ronnie Anne episode with a lot of good jokes and using that trending plot to talk about RA's relatable insecurities and a nice resolution (as much as I don't like these trend things, it's nice to see that the episode has an inbetween point of view about it). And Sid is glorious in this episode.

This Bird Has Flown is... stupid. I mean, I found this episode OK for the humor (won't lie, the underwear joke at the beginning cracked me up) but certainly not for the writing. I don't like when an episode makes character being way more stupid than they are for the sake of a specific plot, and here, the family buying that the drone is actually Sergio is WAY too much (and for some reason now they adore the hell out of him, I mean yeah he's part of the family so it's normal to see them worrying about his disappearance, but still). Also, Sergio is too much unlikeable, even though he (softly) apologizes at the end. But at least, there were some good jokes to save the episode (especially with the ostrich). Too bad for the first episode written by Alec Schwimmer, who wrote a number of my favorite episodes of the main show (including my number one favorite episode). Quality-wise, it's closer to a Making the Grade than to an Undie Pressure.

I have some of the same problems with V. I. Peeved. Again, the family acts more overboard than usual for the sake of the plot. I get that they don't mean to be intentionally embarassing, but it's still too much for my taste, especially when it's implied they weren't in the wrong (well, they weren't totally in the wrong, but still kind of). Quite boring too despite a number of fun moments here and there. Nice ending though.

Señor Class is another meh episode and another one who has trouble with characterization, along with a predictable plot which wasn't entertaining or compelling enough to keep my attention. Adding something like this to Hector (the fact he didn't have the chance to finish school) is nice, but the overall execution is so worn out, and again just saved by the ending. I prefer Back to School from Hey Arnold!, by a long margin.

Fast Feud was a very nice and funny episode all around. I like how they handled such a plot, again with some great moments with Sid (seeing her being "cranky" and complaining about the fast food is really funny), and with a surprising ending, which felt realistic with these two owners being so busy by running the restaurant that they can't work on the complaints they got immediatly. Nice jab at the reports in search of the most juicy stories as well.

Never-Friending Story is decent but pretty forgettable for the most part. I think you summed it up quite well, CousinMerl. Even though I liked the focus on Bobby and learning more from Par which gets a nice focus on as well, and despite some fun moments in the second part, the whole adrenaline stuff wasn't that well bringed up, but it is quite entertaining.

Slink Or Swim was OK but felt half-baked with its idea. Nice bonding between Carl and Bobby, with the latter lying about not knowing how to tie his shoes in order to make Carl feeling more confident (though he apparently really doesn't), nice development for Carl, but it didn't go as far as it could and the humor felt flat for the most part (especially the poop jokes... and ESPECIALLY the last one).

The Big Chill is pretty good, and I guess relatable considering the heatwaves we've got recently, aha. I liked the story, I liked the plans the kids came up with in order to have enough money to buy an air conditioner (I also liked that they give an understandable reason for Hector to not buy one, instead of just making him looking like a cheap person), I liked the chemistry between the kids throughout the scenes, and I liked the ending which is a nice win-win solution.

I'll talk about the last two episodes later. Also, [MENTION=17229]CousinMerl[/MENTION], I do agree with your statement about the tone of the show. In fact, I like that it differentiate it from the main show like you said, even though it isn't always well-handled and it doesn't differentiate it that much since the formula can be quite the same between the two shows, but I appreciate the effort. And yeah, you got a point about expectations not being the same which can have an influence. I think I like this show like a fine way to be entertained with its likeable characters even though I know it can have the potential to be really good from time to time (like with episodes like Croaked or Operation Dad).

Too bad for the first episode written by Alec Schwimmer, who wrote a number of my favorite episodes of the main show (including my number one favorite episode). Quality-wise, it's closer to a Making the Grade than to an Undie Pressure.

He's written a lot of good episodes for TLH but yeah, this was a bad debut for him (I actually have to say that it is maybe my least favorite of the show as of now as it just didn't work in any way for me; just a dumb episode with an way unlikeable Sergio).

Speaking of 'Undie Pressure' it is one of the best episodes of either show to me (very simple premise yet so well written and funny) & while I don't remember 'Making The Grade' to be a bad one, it was one of his lesser writing efforts.

Well, its been some time since i posted in this thread but put off watching more episodes to focus on other shows like 'The Owl House' & 'Amphibia' (did watch 'Guess Who's Shopping For Dinner?' & 'New Roomie' a while back, though). Now when it is low season for those other shows figured I'd get back to this one and watch some more. Gonna give some brief thoughts.

'Guess Who's Shopping For Dinner?' I didn't like so much. It started pretty decently with the premise of Ronnie Anne about to watch an awaited action movie with Sid at the cinema but having to help Abuela/Rosa buy ingredients for a soup dinner meant for a cooking contest judge. It had some enjoyable scenes with them shopping around town & I enjoyed Ronnie having to shop on her own and half-assing it in a rush. Nice stuff with her admitting the truth to Rosa and the two completing the shopping. The car chase was exaggerated, though, an the end twist kinda ruined the episode ( the contest judge turning out to be the female action star of the movie. What? ). I thought they were gonna do a realistic end with Ronnie just accepting that she missed the movie, but then they try to have the cake and eat it too in the most contrived way. The episode just deflated and left me disappointed.

'New Roomie' was decent, much as it developed Vito as a character in a fine plot with him moving into the Casagrande apartment while his apartment is getting fixed. It had some entertaining moments with him hanging around and being a nuisance (unintentionally) & pretty funny with him bussed around the apartment complex to stay with the other tenants but everyone kicking him out. The kids going out their way to cheer a depressed Vito up by having Lalo (the family dog) pose as his long lost love (whom they think they saw on a photo while snooping at his non-damaged apartment) was silly, but I liked the twist that the photo was just a placeholder for the photo frame & he lied about the apartment damage so he could stay at the Casagrandes as he's sad and lonely after his son left for college (and was waiting for the latter's photo). Nice ending with everyone doing a surprise visit at his place and cheering him up.

'Grandparent Trap' was pretty meh. Nothing wrong with the premise (that with Ronnie Anne being worried that the marriage of her grandparents Hector & Rosa is in trouble due to their bickering and ttrying to ignite their love again) but I just found it kind of a dull episodes with the usual story of the kids doing their best by creating romantic situations so the troubled parents can find each other again, but I guess there were some fun moments (like Carl ruining romantic dinner by showing up as a ninja whom gets his ass kicked by Rosa). I think they could have done more with the relationship doctor on TV but the on-air finale itself with Hector and Rosa and Ronnie's worries stilled was alright (even if I saw the explation with their marriage never being in trouble coming a mile away). The randomness with Frida watching them on TV and crying so much the apartment fills with water I could have done without, though (and what was up with Lalo floating around?).

'Miss Step' was nice overall. Good plot with Ronnie accidentally injuring Carlota's elbow as the latter is training for a traditional dance & Ronnie becoming her replacement, being trained in baile folklorico with an overzelaous Frida as the trainer (and naturally it goes too far with the drill instructor-type training being too much and taking the fun out of the art). Some enjoyable sequences with the exaggerated training (and Ronnie's look in the colorful dress was kinda fun) & something that improved the episode was the twist I didn't see coming ( that Carlota just faked the injury to get out of the dancing due to Frida's methods ). Ronnie gets help from her cousin to fake an injury too (an amusing simple trick with faking her foot being hit by a hotdog cart), there's the usual regret (this time to Frida as the dancing gets cancelled) & a nice end with all three of them end up doing the dance. I think this was the best of these four.

Will get back once I've seen the later episodes (but I'm sure you've already seen most of them, [MENTION=78686]Wile E. the Brain[/MENTION]).

Will get back once I've seen the later episodes (but I'm sure you've already seen most of them, [MENTION=78686]Wile E. the Brain[/MENTION]).

Well, not really actually. Since I've got less time to watch series and to do personal activities, I'm behind the later episodes of the show (Miss Step is the last one I've seen currently I believe) to focus on other series I enjoy way more. But I'll eventually catch up sooner or later. Considering a second season is on its way (and already started I believe ?), I have to, aha.

Overall I agree with most of what you said about these episodes. Guess Who's Shopping for Dinner ? at first I kinda liked it as a silly episode around such a simple idea but they indeed have gone overboard from time to time and the ending was a serious letdown. The most bizarre "all's well that ends well after all" ending they could come up with, and it seriously frustrated me. Can't an episode end without a happy ending where everyone gets everything that he wanted once in a while ?

Can't an episode end without a happy ending where everyone gets everything that he wanted once in a while ?

The most frustrating thing is that The Loud House' did (and still do) those kind of endings where not everything is wrapped up with a neat bow and the characters just have to make the best of the end they got (even the season 5 premiere 'Schooled!' did so), yet 'The Casagrandes' rarely does it (for the moment I cannot even recall an episode that did not have sort of a "perfect" ending in some way).

Got four more seen. Unmarked spoilers as usual.

'Mexican Makeover' was decent. Nice plot with great grandma Lupe coming to visit from Mexico and since she is very traditional with Mexican culture there's an interesting angle with Rosa trying her best to appeal to her mother by having the Casagrande & Santiago kids appear as Mexican as possible without the Americanization: I think this was a good story and they made he most of it with some enjoyable, fun scenes of the "makeovers" being as stereotypical as possible, having good commentary on cultural identity and how it can change and be diluted. Naturally it goes awry in the end with everything going wrong (which had some nice gags) and while it was predictable it would come out and Lupe wouldn't really mind that the kids are Americanized as they still keep true to their own culture (and that family and staying true to one self matters more) it was still a nice end, if a little bit convoluted and forced after the build-up. Not great but entertaining.

'Uptown Funk' was a nice tale. To pair up Carl with Sid's little sister Adelaide was an interesting story choice and I think it was pulled off nicely with them being such contrasts (Carl being his usual blunt sneaky & comical self while Adelaide is precociously adorable and a mix of Lola and Lana Loud) and honestly an enjoyable duo. The plot of Carl playing with her only to be able to get to the subway train's cockpit (as Stanley Chang, Adelaide's father is a conductor) led to some amusing moments with them& while Carl was a jerk by using her to get what he wanted, it was amusing to see him having to put up with everything and degrade himself (kinda carthartic after some of the stuff he's pulled) & the imaginary trains talking to him was bizarre (and Adelaide is a fun, strong character). Good stuff with his train obsession leading to the train going runaway and Adelaide saving the day, even covering with him and having him apologize to her. Nice end with them being friends.

'Bo Bo Business' was alright. A story with Bobby getting into a conflict with Hector made sense (as they are employee and boss) and I think it was a nicely done story with Bobby's modern ideas for the mercado being rejected by a grumpy old-fashined Hector and taking his ideas to the neighboring shop, Mr. Hong's korean market, and being employed there. It was kinda predictable where things would go, but it was still an fairly enjoyable one with some nice, fun moments (and Mr. Hong was an nice new character). Bobby and Hong's commercial song was cheesy fun as was Bobby's business idea (letting customers pet bunnies in the store). I do think it was out of character for Bobby to be so frivolous and taking bad advice from the customers (which ruined him and required for Hector to help him out), but I like how it wasn't perfectly solved, with Bobby fired and coming back to the mercado (albeit having made up with Hector and making a commercial for the store).

'Blunder Party' was fun. Essentially 'Party Down' from The Loud House but on the roof instead and it was very enjoyable, not only with Sid & the gang (Sid is always great) but they follow up on Carl & Adelaide being best friends in a good way with them kids forcing their way into the "big kids" sleepover party. Carl yelling for Rosa was funny (the usual "small kid calling for an adult when denied") & him and Adelaide spoiling the party gave some amusing moments, but Ronnie sending the duo on a fake scavenger hunt was the best part. Nice moments with the two getting the items, nice running gag with Bobby sliding around on melted cheese & Ronnie thinking Carl & Adelaide wound up on the city dump (while getting a mango that looks like Vito) was a good scene (also Sameer's shadow puppet show). It was obvious the two never got to the dump but it still a nice apology scene from both sides (and the two get their giant smore). My favorite of these four.

Last edited:
The most frustrating thing is that The Loud House' did (and still do) those kind of endings where not everything is wrapped up with a neat bow and the characters just have to make the best of the end they got (even the season 5 premiere 'Schooled!' did so), yet 'The Casagrandes' rarely does it (for the moment I cannot even recall an episode that did not have sort of a "perfect" ending in some way).

The only one I can think of right now (for those following this type of plot formula) is Walk Don't Run, where the girls lose their money for their dog-walking business because they handled it terribly, and that was a good lesson to learn. For the most part this show definitely has trouble to avoid making a too "all's well that ends well" ending which can ruin the morals they try to send to the viewers. I don't know if you know the YT cartoon reviewer Alpha Jay Show, but he recently has talked about an episode of the show (I believe it was V.I.Peeved) and said that this episode, as well as quite a few others of the show, made the answer to the situation (and the situation itself) too easy and can be quite misleading for the young audience that seems to be their target, and I agree with him. Even The Loud House can do this mistake from time to time, though not that much either.

[MENTION=78686]Wile E. the Brain[/MENTION], 'Walk, Don't Run' is a pretty decent example, I'd say. Another one, maybe an even better example, is 'Finders Weepers' where Ronnie and Sid selfishly use up all the money they found and then come to face reality when Maybelle comes to get her purse back & they end up having to do chores for her). There are some other's too, such as maybe just recently 'Bo Bo Business' ( in which Bobby's new occupation is not spared after he made a serious mistake by being way too lenient to customers & he ends up being fired ).

I don't believe I have watched anything from that youtuber (Alpha Jay Show) and certainly not that video, but he is right that the show does tend to take the easy and convenient (as does TLH at times but not nearly as often, like you say) and that is maybe not always the best message for kids watching. I'm not saying that every episode should end realistically and with a "reality ensues" moment, but sometimes it does get a little too much and perfect with characters escape facing more or less harsh reality and learning something.

I know I'm late to reply, but The Bird Has Flown was complete garbage. I think I only laughed once in the episode, and the writing was so sloppy that even for a watcher who's only watched 3 episodes (that one and the first 2 of the show), it felt off.

Whereas the other 2 that I watched were way better than that. More consistent writing in them, and more enjoyable.

[MENTION=86919]Return Of The Living Trab[/MENTION], like I've said previously 'This Bird Has Flown' is pretty bad. Very unlikeable and with Sergio at his worst (so far). Maybe the worst episode to me. Other than that the show has kept an fairly even level of quality as a whole.

Got some more episodes seen. Spoilers and all that below.

'What's Love Gato Do With It?' was a silly fun little story. It is the show doing the "character gets hypnotized into acting like an animal by a magician" and it mainly just Bobby hypnotized into acting like a cat once a bell rings and when "papaya" is spoken he reverts back and well, it does succeed pretty well, being an amusing story with some entertaining moments with Bobby as a cat while that silly meowing music plays in the background (maybe my favorite aspect). Some nice moments with Ronnie and the family gradually finding out, I liked the female birthday magician (it is usally a man so i like the genderswap) & the chase once Bobby (as a cat) escapes and them getting him back was nice. It was understandable that Bobby would go back to his usual self (by bumping his head) but I still liked it. Fun stuff.

'Dial M For Mustard' was a decent mystery story. I liked to see some focus on Bruno, the hot dog salesman who has so far been a minor character, and the detective story itself with Ronnie and friends trying to find whomever was in the park and stole his hot dog cart right before the hot dog contest. There was some nice bits with them searching and interviewing the suspects, & I must give some credit for the episode not being as predictable as I thought (at first I thought it was Bruno who tried to pull a trick of sympathy, but then it turned out it was Vito whom they already passed off as innocent). Nice end with Ronnie & co finding the cart, saving the day and allowing Bruno to win the contest and get the tickets to Vienna (also kinda sweet he invited his friend Vito too). Not great but still a decent ep.

'Fails From The Crypt' I found a good Halloween episode. Nice plot with Ronnie and her group of friends staying at the cemetary over night to break the local record of it, with some fun little character moments (that did develop some of the friends, such as Nikki and Casey), nice jokes (like Sid's owl & Sid herself steals every scene as per usual. Love that bit with her eating the tamale with an empty stare after the big reveal) and great atmosphere with the good animation. I did like the "lore" with Maria & Arturo (Ronnie's parents) also having attempted the cemetary challenge when they were kids but bailed & the twist behind the monsters scaring Ronnie & friends away was predictable, I did like how they did it and the final "scare" (with the culprits getting tricked by Ronnie, her friends and parents). Good one.

'Bad Cluck' was really over the top, even for this show. Story is the family getting haunted by an evil chicken ghost and yeah, it is about as crazy as it sounds, with some real haunting effects and the neighbors trying to help but fail to drive the spirit away, but it was still entertaining even though the realism went out the window. Sergio plays a main role and he's back being a jerkass again, ending up revealed to be the reason why the chicken ghost is haunting them (since he pooped on the chicken's car, ruined his birthday, stole his money & his favorite sunglasses). Much of it is them trying to placate the ghost and I do wait for them to get to the glasses since it was obvious it was the main thing & once the ghost gets the glasses and leaves it ends with a nice gag. My least favorite of these but still OK.

I almost forgot that the next Loud House-Casagrandes crossover special airs tomorrow. The last one ('The Loudest Thanksgiving') aired two years ago (being an 'The Loud House' episode) so it's been quite a while.

Cursed! (11/25)
Celebrity psychic Ernesto Estrella deems Great Lakes City to be bad luck and Abuela believes him.

Even though it doesn't say in the description, the promo makes it seem like the plot is mainly two families sharing the Loud House. I think that this one will be better than the last one, which kind of disappointed in a sense as it barely had them interact.

Dropping my collected thoughts on the last two episodes I saw, which were the 22 minute specials. Spoilers and all that below, as per usual.

'Cursed!' was just about okay at best. It did have a good story with Rosa believing the psychic that the city is bad luck which causes troubles, but it mostly felt like an unnecessarily extended regular episode, much due to how long it took to set things up and really get things going (the biggest reason I watched was the heavily advertised crossover with The Loud House). It started of well with the initial set up and I liked the kids trying to convince her the bad luck stuff was untrue, but I got annoyed with Sergio ruining it for no good reason like an idiot (tand once moving in with the Louds in Royal Woods came up, nothing interesting was done (they were there for maybe 4 minutes of the episode tops) other than both sets of kids teaming up to make the family (Casagrandes) leave. The solution did feel really cheap and convenient with Ronnie Anne just so happening to run into the psychic at the bathroom of Flip's Food & Fuel and finding out the truth about why he cancelled his appearance and, making him go "lift" the curse, making everything well. It had its moments but just felt pretty unremarkable in the end.

'A Very Casagrande Christmas' on the other hand was quite the opposite and a very neat Christmas special with a good holiday story with Ronnie and Bobby wanting the perfect Christmas time but everything else getting in the way. Solid focus on the abeformentioned two, nice subplots with Bobby practising his singing and guitar playing & their dad Arturo's subplot with the last minute Christmas shopping, nice involvement of the neigbots (all having incidents which has them spend Christmas night at the Casagrandes) and also a fun climax with the snowball fight and the three getting snowed in at the supermarket. I was a little iffy on Ronnie being sour grapes the perfect Christmas with Las Posadas was threatened and was planning to ruin things to get it, but the plot handled it well with her helping out the neighbors in good ways (to get rid of them) and in the end the family and the neighbors help them out & her making amends by inviting the latter to join the family to go caroling and celebrating Christmas. Good yuletide song to end things (and nice cameo from the Loud family). Likely the show's best episode of 2020.

I haven't seen the other episodes that came out, but since it feels like I'm talking too much to myself in this thread, I'll probably not post an awful lot here from this point on.

So I haven't covered any episodes for a while and since I'm essentially talking to only myself here I don't feel like I've missed doing so. I'll say that I have enjoyed all the episodes since the Christmas episodes (and the two that came before it that I didn't talk about) and definitely feel the show has found its groove more now with the second season. I think I'm gonna sum up my thoughts on those episodes I didn't talk about with a single sentence (I see there's a lot of new episodes popping up this week so I'll probably briefly cover them as well once I've seen them, too).

'The Kid Plays In The Picture' - This was a pretty funny, exaggerated take on the online toy review business with Carl.
'Achy Breaky Art' - Good one centered around Frida's art career & having some fun stuff with the fake action bidding.
'Guilt Trip' - Nice episode with Ronnie Anne & Bobby trying to win their mom a trip, being really silly at times but still OK.
'Short Cut' - Really liked this one about Carlota wanting to be a hair cutter & CJ being a pro was neat; maybe my fav of these.
'No Egrets' - I'm usually not a fan of Sergio stories but this one was a decent with him having to take care of two baby birds.
'Meal Ticket' - Very much enjoyed this one which had a good story with with Ronnie and the loveable Sid (also more about Casey).
'Fool's Gold' - Kind of a fun treasure hunt story with just the Casagrande guy (and not too predictable in the end so that's good).
'Flighty Plan' - Enjoyable story with Carl & CJ, kinda reminiscent of 'Catch 'Em If You Can' at first but then goes in a different direction.

I do have a question for you guys (who do watch the show, like you [MENTION=75269]John95[/MENTION] & [MENTION=78686]Wile E. the Brain[/MENTION], albeit I remember you said you haven't really caught up yet, Wile): How do you feel about season 2 so far and how does it stack up against 'The Loud House's season 5? I do think it's on average doing just as fine as the latter, but I have to say it does feel more consistently good as of right now.

Finally going to comment on this thread for once to report the next few episodes after a nearly two month hiatus!

Zoo-mergency! (5/31)
After a zoo fundraiser goes wrong, Sid must save the day with her family.

Saving Face (6/4)
Ronnie Anne and Sid are determined to find out if the new building tenant is their favorite wrestler La Tormenta.

Matters of the Kart (6/4)
After an old man wins Carl's dream go kart, Carl wants to prove that he's worthy of the prize himself.

Both Saving Face and Matters of the Kart have already aired in Australia and have made their way online along with the following two which currently don't have US airdates:

Chancla Force
Carl takes Rosa's chancla, setting off the balance of order in the city, and calling the Chancla Force into action.

Fluff Love
Carlitos goes on a wild adventure to get his favorite stuffed animal from the arcade.

Having not seen any of these episodes yet, I like the premises for the first two (as with Sid being one of my favorites, I'm definitely down for Zoo-mergency!) and Fluff Love on the level of it being the first episode having to do with Carlitos (who I more often then not tend to forget his name due to him being the least focused on member of the family).

[MENTION=75269]John95[/MENTION], I didn't expect you to post in this thread (which I had given up on since I got tired talking to myself, even if I did see the episodes aired since) but glad to see you in here. Speaking of the episodes released since my last post, I enjoyed pretty much all of them save for a few ('Karate Chops' I wasn't so big on as I think both the leads were made too unlikeable & the robot revolution episode was way over the top sci-fi for the show to me; I'm kinda getting tired of Breakfast Bot as a sentient character but that's probably just me).

Anyhow, seems like there'll be a lot of interesting premises for the upcoming episode. Seeing as I think Sid is such a scene stealer (and remains one of my favorite characters in modern TV animation), the episode with her are certainly the ones I look forward to the most, but the others sound OK too (I too think 'Fluff Love' seem potentially good, even if I don't really care about Carlitos so much, maybe since it feels like he's barely been on the show unlike Lily Loud in the sister show. maybe he can finally get some proper character development).

Late again, but I saw 'Zoo-mergency!' today and I was positively surprised. This was a really good (and sometimes even great) episode. I knew that with it being a Sid-centric episode and with a plot like that (her deciding to save the zoo from going out of business with a series of wacky schemes) it would be worthwhile one, but then I found out it was a 22 minute episode (on top of being an episode about the Chang family, making it the first double length episode of either show to focus on secondary characters) and overall, it really came together with the story (and cute subplot with Adelaide trying to save the marmosets), pacing, jokes, etc (also, Sid, a.k.a best character of this spin-off, was an especially eccentric and zany goofball only made it better; she was great here).

I'm guessing you've probably seen it John95 (as this premiered on May 31st, also interestingly enough mirroring the Loud House episode 'Camped!' that came out the same day and also was 22 minutes and about trying to get money to save some place; guessing it was intentional), but for you others who enjoy the show and haven't seen this episode, this is certainly one to see.

CousinMerl, I did. But I was a day late on seeing it along with Camped! due to complications from the source I normally get the episodes from which are usually as early as a half-hour after airing. Sid was overdue for an episode mainly devoted to her and it delivered.

And it's a bit late but here are the next four episodes including two airing tomorrow.

Battle of the Grandpas
When Frida's fun dad comes to visit, Hector tries to win back his grandchildren's attention

Prankaversary
Ronnie Anne and Lincoln are set for a big day of pranks, and newbie Sid wants to join in on the fun too

Do the Fruit Shake (6/25)
Carl's new song samples a singing group, but he needs their okay before it can play on the radio.

Maybe-Sitter (6/25)
With the adults out for the night, Bobby and Carlota take turns watching the kids – and going to a party!

Should've brought this thread back earlier as there was also a new episode of this show last night as part of the Nick Mega Music Fest they were doing called Operation Popstar. It was enjoyable, but I'd be lying if I said that I liked both plots as I much preferred the antics of Ronnie Anne & Sid (or the future Mrs. Yoon Kwan as she calls herself) helping Yoon Kwan get his memory back after accidentally getting amnesia over Carlota helping Alisa live a normal life though mostly for her own benefit.

Despite seeing that plot being done in other shows, there was something about how it was done here that didn't fully work for me the way the show intended it to and Carlota honestly felt more like a Designated Hero (which is completely different from Unintentionally Unsympathetic). Even at the end when she learns her lesson, I wasn't able to let her fully shake off her actions leading up to that point.

John95, I haven't seen 'Operation Popstar' yet (first time hearing of it now) but I did see the abeformentioned four (the ones you posted the airdates and descriptions for) just a little while back and I think they all ranged from decent to good.

The episode do sound interesting (and I'm guessing it is another 22 minute one like 'Zoo-mergency!'?), but the Ronnie-Anne & Sid story do sound like the more enjoyable one, even if Carlota is one of my favorites from the show and usually gets a lot of quality episodes, though both of them seem quite entertaining (though I doubt it'll be as good as 'Zoo-mergency!' which I won't be surprised if it'll be the show's best episode this year in my opinion, unless they manage to top themselves). Looking forward to seeing it.

It appears as though the older threads on this section of the fourms have been resurrected which means now's as good a time as any to dust this one off as two episodes will be premiering in the US on September 10th:

Just Be Coo
When Sancho gets himself into trouble in the city, Sergio helps him become a model pet.

Tee'd Off
Worried that Lori may have a new crush, Bobby visits her in college and tries to impress her with his golf skills.

Lalo Land
also premiered on Nicktoons here in the US on July 20th but that was when the site was down so I couldn't report it. Still no airdate planned for it on Nick though.

I specified that these will be the episodes' US premieres as they along with five others that don't have planned US airings as of this post have already aired in Canada. These episodes are:

Throwing Pains
During a snow day, Ronnie Anne and her skater pals must battle for the gym space by playing dodgeball.

Spin Off
After seeing CJ's awesome spin moves, Par helps CJ enter and train for a sign spinning competition

Tooth or Consequences
When Adelaide loses a tooth, Carl and Bobby teach her about El Raton, the Latin American "tooth fairy."

Strife Coach
Ronnie Anne and her friends help get Mrs. Kernicky hired as the new PE coach, but her classes are no joke.

Gossipy Girl
When a Sid secret is leaked at school, Ronnie Anne and Sid wonder if they can continue being best buds.

Thanks to certain corners of the web I tend to frequent, I was able to catch all these episodes as they released. The best of the bunch were Tee'd Off, Throwing Pains, Strife Coach and Gossipy Girl.

Lastly, while they don't have airdates yet the first two episodes for Season 3 have been revealed:

Bend It Like Abuelo
Hector finally joins his dream soccer team as their good luck charm.

Bunstoppable
While preparing bao for the Chinese Cultural Fair, Sid and Adelaide face off against time-hopping bandits.

Now that is a lot of upcoming episodes.

I haven't caught up with the previous ones, but I did see 'Operation Popstar' (I didn't get the chance to comment on it before the site went down due to the migration) and it was a good and enjoyable one, not nearly as good as 'Zoo-mergency!' (which I think is a tough act for the show to follow) but still all good; I mainly liked the Ronnie Anne and Sid plot about taking care of Yoon Kwan who has amnesia (and it had an amusing end twist) but the side plot of Carlota & Alisa (who get a taste of a normal life) was real good too with a good story and nice moments (albeit I think the complete reset ending due to the main plot felt really cheap. I think they could have had the cake and eat it too).

The way that the next few episodes will be released is really weird. Tomorrow we're getting the first two for Season 3 (Bend It Like Abuelo & Bunstoppable) and for the next two weeks after they'll be airing Spin Off and Tooth or Consequences on the 24th and Strife Coach and Gossipy Girl on October 1st. Lalo Land and Throwing Pains still have no announced US airdates (or in the former's case, on the main Nick channel) and the latter actually debuts a character who makes an appearance in Gossipy Girl.

@John95, Indeed. What a mess of an airing schedule that sounds to be, but par for the course for Nickelodeon, I'm thinking (as the releases for The Loud House seem to have been increasingly weirder as well).

I'm still waiting for the most recent episodes ('Just Be Coo' & 'Tee'd Off')to show up on the site I'm watching them on. Last new episode I saw was 'Operation Popstar' back in July.

Back