The Awesome Game

Diversity Pumpkin

Stonecutter
Alright, now I'm sure all of you want to be awesome like me. And as for myself, well, I want to be even more awesome. So instead of all these fucking games that have no impact on your real lives, who wants to actually play something that impacts you for the better?

This is how the game works. Every week there is a new challenge, and every week you become more awesome (unless you're not putting in the effort).

For example, in the first week the challenge could be that you have to flirt with every hot girl you come into contact with (that's just an example, don't worry [MENTION=46441]The Duke of Insomnia[/MENTION]).

We're doing the honor system though. So you have to be honest.

Who wants to play? You have to update every day with how you went with the weekly challenges (so seven updates a week).

By the end of the game, you should be awesome as fuck. Like, Hank Scorpio awesome.

WHO WANTS TO PLAY?

There's no winner or loser. It's a personal thing, so I guess you can drop out or join at any time. But we might as well try to have a bunch of players in it at the beginning.

Any questions just ask.

Last edited:
[MENTION=45538]Handsome B. Wonderful[/MENTION] [MENTION=43656]Oh, that's raspberry![/MENTION] [MENTION=38730]Kaos[/MENTION] [MENTION=19757]shawn[/MENTION] [MENTION=46605]Dobbie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20302]Shaunbadia[/MENTION] [MENTION=45944]Food Blog[/MENTION] [MENTION=49583]Sunny_Skies[/MENTION] [MENTION=21074]Financial Panther[/MENTION] [MENTION=3954]Ryan[/MENTION]

The fun comes from improving yourself, and sharing hilarious experiences about what happened. I've edited the OP, we don't need a point system.

Last edited:
any challenges that one can participate in if they have no social life? i'm afraid that aspect of my existence is still pending

Week 1: Compliments

You just received a new haircut and are brimming with happiness about how awesome it looks. Unfortunately, everywhere you go, nobody is saying a thing. You shove your hair into somebody's face, crying for some sort of recognition, alas, to no prevail.

Compliments are important, and if done right, can change the whole way you feel about a person. So this week's challenge is all about complimenting others, and making them perceive you as a little bit more awesome.

Challenge

You must compliment at least one (1) person every place you go. What defines a "place"? That's entirely up to you, and how much effort you want to put into transforming yourself. For example, there are many different sections at my work, so I'm going to compliment one person in each area. However, somebody else might describe work as just one singular place, and therefore only compliment one person in their entire eight hours.

It also depends on how many people are in each place. Since there's a lot of people at my work, I've split it up. However, even though my house is bigger, there's only four other people living there, so I'm only going to compliment one person a day there.

Hints and Tips

- Don't overdo it! At this stage, less is more. Don't compliment every person you see -- I've organized it this way for a reason, so you don't come across as fake. Keep it to one person in one place.

- Make sure your compliment is genuine. "I like your shirt" means nothing.

- Always follow-up your compliment with an open-ended question, so they can't dismiss it. Example:

Diversity Pumpkin: Wow, you've really been working out. Great abs!
Guy at gym: Nah they're shit.

Instead, it should be more like:

Diversity Pumpkin: Wow, you've really been working out. Great abs! What exercises do you do?
Guy at gym: Well, all I'm doing right now are compound, but I also do a lot of cardio blah blah blah.

Good luck! :oops:

Today I complimented my pep pep's cooking. I never get along with him at all, but I said how awesome everything tasted, and asked how he prepared them. He talked about the new vegetable steamer he bought, and we talked about how it worked, etc. We even joked around (I've never made him laugh intentionally before). This is fucking working already, so hopefully it motivates others to take part in this.

any challenges that one can participate in if they have no social life? i'm afraid that aspect of my existence is still pending

Do you go to school or work? How many people do you see at home?

Do you go to school or work? How many people do you see at home?

i dropped out of high school in 11th and got my g.e.d., don't go to college yet, though i'm starting this fall, and i don't have a job yet

i see my parents and my brother and sister at home, and various friends at different times

i can try the "compliments" thing with a few people though

Sure I'll play! I won't be at too many places this week to compliment people, but I can do this at home and my school apartment.

Sure thing. I'm unemployed at the moment but I can still probably do most of these challenges around friends, family and acquaintances. Also would it count if it was online, if it was genuine and directed at someone we're pretty sure is real? I'd have no problem attacking one person a day on NHC.

I wasn't thinking of describing who unless it was somehow entertaining.

Didn't go out today, going back to work and my usual routine again tomorrow.

Texted my friend though, asking him how work was and eventually told him he did a good job when the conversation lead that way. If I end up being the only one doing this, fine. :oops:

Back