9. season 4
10. season 12
11. season 13
12. season 1
13. season 3
14. season 15
15. season 2

Last edited:
South Park is very hit and miss for and it’s a show where I could easily rank all the seasons or point to one era where I could conclude was the best era of the show.

Well if you think season 2 is bad, it's got nothing on 16. Half of 16 nearly put me to sleep.

Well if you think season 2 is bad, it's got nothing on 16. Half of 16 nearly put me to sleep.
yeah i have watched some season 16 episodes and they are pretty mid. After season 11 the show took a noticeable nose dive in quality

i found season 2 really boring there isnt any stand out episodes in that season

i respectfully disagree with your opinion but i can see why you like those episodes. i think season 1 is way better to be honest

Last edited:
Yep, loved 200 and 201. There's still lots of good episodes after season 11, they just became noticably fewer and farther between.
i havent watched 200 and 201 because they are blocked in the uk however the coon and friends trilogy is great

I found it somewhere doing a Google search. Can't remember the website, and part 1 and 2 may have been on different websites. Or just get the DVD I guess.
All of the two/three parters have been great barring the Pandemic. Cartoon wars is also great if you can find it. It too was banned because of the topic of censoring Muhammad.

I found it somewhere doing a Google search. Can't remember the website, and part 1 and 2 may have been on different websites. Or just get the DVD I guess.
All of the two/three parters have been great barring the Pandemic.
i havent watched the new specials yet because im pretty sure there on paramount plus. also what is your south park season tier list?

i havent watched the new specials yet because im pretty sure there on paramount plus. also what is your south park season tier list?
Classic era 1-8, semi-classic 9-11, Scullyish era 12-15, Zombie era 16+. I'm currently rewatching and am at 16 so maybe my view will change.

Classic era 1-8, semi-classic 9-11, Scullyish era 12-15, Zombie era 16+. I'm currently rewatching and am at 16 so maybe my view will change.
Heres how my list looks like (golden era 1-7) (platinum era 8-11) (sliver era 12-14) (zombie era 15 onwards)

South Park sort of feels like a show that's really hard to categorise into eras I think. Apart from the first 3 and the most recent seasons (19+) I can't really think too many changes in quality across the seasons.

Scully? I guess I could see with some of the episodes, but episodes like "You're Getting Old" don't really feel like him.

I honestly think South Park managed to stay consistent for a while. There was a slight dip in quality during season 12, but I stilled liked it until season 16. I actually think the show got better during seasons 17-19, which weren't as good as the old ones but were enjoyable. Then we got the most godawful seasons of South Park, seasons 20 and 21. There's been the occasional good episode in seasons after that but they're few and far between, the show couldn't recover from two awful seasons.

Scully? I guess I could see with some of the episodes, but episodes like "You're Getting Old" don't really feel like him.
I only used the term Scullyish as the closest analogy I could think of where there is a noticeable change in tone and less consistency in quality, but it's not exactly boring or unfunny either.

6 5 7 8 4 3 9 1 2 10 11 12 15 18 21 20 24 19 14 13 16 23 25 17 22

My quickly made ranking of the Seasons. Could put Seasons 5-7 in any order honestly, I just have nostalgia for the “Kenny is dead” episodes from watching reruns as a kid, so said that’s my favorite. 11 is the last Season I can say I mostly enjoyed as a whole,.11 and 10 are where the series starts to shift in tone, but I’d still consider them part of the “classic era”.

17 and 22 was a hard choice. 17 was more disappointing when it aired, it was the first Season to air after a year long break, and its first 3 and finale are some of the worst of the series, but I at least kiiiind of liked Taming Strange and some of the Black Friday trilogy. 22 just felt so empty/unfunny to when I watched it. Tegridy Farms and The Scoots were okay, but the first 3 eps gave me nothing, and both the Manbearpig and Amazon two parters were pretty damn bad.

24 I’m counting the Post Covid specials as part of it. Same with 25 and the Streaming War specials, though I haven’t seen those. For the middle Seasons, the ones above ranked 24 I like at least half of, the ones from 19 onward less than that.

I've never ranked all South Park seasons but if I had to rank both my best and worst it would be:

Best: Season 10 (every episode other than A Million Little Fibers is just great, the WoW and ManBearPig episodes being a few of my favorites)

Worst: Season 20 (its just an entire season consisting of a few stories that weren't even concluded well, mostly because they didn't expect Trump to win over Hillary so a lot of stuff had to be rewritten. All the trolling stuff got old pretty fast and rewatching it gets boring. I do like that Gerald was the main character over Randy who is still overused to this day)

I've watched up to South ParQ Vaccination Special, so I can't comment on the latter half of Season 24 or Season 25. Here's my rankings of the rest though.

1. Season 3
2. Season 2
3. Season 6
4. Season 10
5. Season 8
6. Season 9
7. Season 11
8. Season 13
9. Season 7
10. Season 4
11. Season 5
12. Season 19
13. Season 12
14. Season 16
15. Season 14
16. Season 1
17. Season 15
18. Season 23
19. Season 18
20. Season 17
21. Season 21
22. Season 22
23. Season 20

I love Seasons 2-3 for how dumb they get and the voices and sound effects they used back then.

Ranking the later seasons (in particular S20-23) was difficult as I only watched each episode once and I don't remember much about them barring one or two episodes that I liked. Season 23 is elevated entirely by Basic Cable.

Season 15 is saved by You're Getting Old, otherwise it would be down in the bottom 3.

@muppet Yeah, after going back and rewatching it 15 is another dip in quality, with You’re getting old really being the only thing memorable in it. It’s still not as bad as 16 or 20 but a noticeable decline for sure.

@John Smith 1882 I remember when Funnybot first came out, that one felt particularly forced and it didn't get much better after that. The rest of the first half of s15 is pretty difficult to rewatch. It's a shame they reverted back to status quo immediately after You're Getting Old. There's still some decent episodes in the latter half. I quite like Broadway Bro Down and The Poor Kid too, but thats about it.

16 has a few episodes I quite like. Cash for Gold, Raising the Bar, Insecurity, A Nightmare on FaceTime and Obama Wins! are all ones that I'm happy revisiting. I'm with you on s20 though. That season is rough.

@muppet I loved Reverse Cowgirl. The season started out strong and I thought it would be an improvement over 15 at first, then we got a barrage of bad or boring episodes starting with Faith Hilling. I literally fell asleep towards the end of Jewpacabra.

I’m curious why you rated 14 below 16. I thought 14 was great, with the 200/201 and the Coon trilogy being standouts. I also thought it was better than 12, which had one of the most boring two-parters I’ve ever seen (the Pandemic)

Last edited:
@muppet I loved Reverse Cowgirl. The season started out strong and I thought it would be an improvement over 15 at first, then we got a barrage of bad or boring episodes starting with Faith Hilling. I literally fell asleep towards the end of Jewpacabra.

I’m curious why you rated 14 below 16. I thought 14 was great, with the 200/201 and the Coon trilogy being standouts. I also thought it was better than 12, which had one of the most boring two-parters I’ve ever seen (the Pandemic)
Yeah, the other episodes of s16 I've completely forgotten about so I totally understand.

Uhh I'm trying to think what my reasoning was. I think there's just more episodes I like in s16. I haven't seen 200 and 201 since they first aired (I don't remember much from them so thats why they didn't rank so highly in my list) and out of the rest, the only ones I can say I liked enough were Medicinal Fried Chicken and You Have 0 Friends, and maybe It's a Jersey Thing. The rest I found kind of forgettable, but it's been a while since I watched any of them. The Coon trilogy I got tired of Cartman hanging out with Cthulhu, but the rest was pretty good.

A lot of s12 isn't great, but I really like Breast Cancer Show Ever, Elementary School Musical and The Ungroundable. I quite like Super Fun Time and About Last Night too, although I haven't watched the latter for a very long time so maybe its super dated now. I agree that both the Pandemic episodes suck though.

Back