Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 4/5

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • 5/5

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters

Fox Executive

the original Sex Pistol
Just rewatched it after almost 2 years and I gotta say I still think it's a fantastic piece of "toilet humor".
When I saw it the first time, I said something like "why the hell are there songs, they're just distrscting", but now I think the songs are a great, fun way to tell the story. Matt and Terry are not only two fucking hilarious guys, they also write kickass songs. Man, Comedy Central can be happy to have two masterminds like them on their side.

Any opinions?

I'll keep it simple: I love this, I never EVER get tired of it, I laugh my ass off even now, the songs are great.

The simpsons movie was good but, this was EPIC! one of my all time favorite animated movies. laugh my ass of everytime!

I like it a lot, but I don't quite love it. The humor is a little too "generic wave of swearing" at times, and as far as crudeness goes, I prefer S4-8 South Park where it was more creative than just cussing and gay sex. On that note, the Saddam stuff was also pretty one-note and tiresome.

On the plus side, I did quite like the roles the boys played, the film had some very fun satire and good pacing, and the songs were surprisingly great. One of the best TV-to-film adaptations for sure. B+, 4/5

Beats out all Futurama movies, Family Guy movie and the Simpsons movie by a fair margin really.

4/5

It was decent, I've never been a huge fan of it though. The episodes from Seasons 3-9 or so (its funny how its the same as The Simpsons' classic seasons) are much better and much more clever, IMO.

10 times better than the simpsons movie. incredibly entertaining. 5/5

great movie, definitely the best TV show movie I've seen, espeially since it forced the series to become more extreme and made it a better show

Good timing on thread. Today marks its 10-year anniversary. And what do we get for it? Apparently a blu-ray!!!!

Also, a brand new 10th anniversary Blu-Ray DVD will be coming out later this summer, with exclusive commentary by Trey, Matt and some other members of the crew.

Finally, no more bare-bones DVD release. :D

Anyways, a couple years ago I argued that the Simpsons Movie was a better movie. Of course, this was back when TSM was just released, so bias was definetly involved. Looking back at the two, it's clear that SP:BLU is the more superior film. While TSM was an entertaining, very funny and most of all, successful endeavor at creating a film version that was certainly better than the current series, SP:BLU aimed for much more with its biting satire and commentary on soccer mom mentality and censorship and the MPAA. It's still relevant today, with Sarah Palin and what not. (ironically, the main antagonist mother in BLU was Jewish)

And you know what? It's still funny as hell. 5/5

^awesome! maybe we'll get the documentary that aired on comedy central before its' premiere too (i've seen it on youtube). i was actually gonna post today was its' 10th anniversary.

fantastic movie, funny as hell, the satire kills, and it succeeds in everything it does. 5/5, A+

^awesome! maybe we'll get the documentary that aired on comedy central before its' premiere too (i've seen it on youtube).

The one where M&T seem baked and never really take the interview seriously? Yeah, that would be nice to have (it's hysterical), but I'd like to also see something that really dedicates itself towards the film's creation...

South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut is a textbook example of how translate a cast of characters from television to film and preserve the spirit of the show. The fact that they managed to put out such a hilarious movie and continue keeping the show at such a high level of quality is a testament to Matt and Trey's abilities.

The one where M&T seem baked and never really take the interview seriously? Yeah, that would be nice to have (it's hysterical), but I'd like to also see something that really dedicates itself towards the film's creation...

yeah, that one. i like dvds that cover the entire promotional spectrum (from tv ads to trailers), and i think that bit of promotion would be a fun thing to have.

but yes, i would also like to see a real doc based on the production of the film.

The biggest issue with Bigger, Longer, and Uncut is that it was made so early on in the series. South Park hit it's peak after the movie came out, so I feel like the movie missed some of those elements that made the show so great during it's peak years. Characters like Butters, Randy, and others who became major players later on got pushed to the background, while characters like Timmy, Jimmy, and others who hadn't been created yet aren't there.

As a whole, it's still a great movie, though. I will agree that the Saddam/Satan stuff isn't as funny as it was when I first saw it, though.

I actually saw this yesterday. It's probably because I'm not a South Park fan, but I didn't think it was that great. 3/5

So, that blu-ray/special 10th anniversary edition coming out? Well...

'South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut' Headed for Blu-ray
Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny will be uncensored in high-definition this fall.
Paramount says 'South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut' will be available on Blu-ray on October 13.
The Blu-ray will feature 1080p video, a Dolby TrueHD 5.1 soundtrack, and supplements will consist of an audio commentary with Trey Parker and Matt Stone, a music video "What Would Brian Boitano Do," and three theatrical trailers (in HD).
Suggested list price for the Blu-ray has not yet been announced.

Source: Hi-Def Digest

So, two new features? Um, well, I'll bite, just for the sake of hearing M&T either cringe through a commentary only to quit halfway (a la Imaginationland) or drink their way through it. (I'm kinda betting on this one) Still, disappointed to hear that they're not digging deeper for featurettes. I know it was 1999, but they still had electronic press kits and crap like that. Try harder, Paramount!...

this was an epic film! It was hilarious, original, and the songs still come up in my mind after ten years.
5/5

I like it a lot, but I don't quite love it. The humor is a little too "generic wave of swearing" at times, and as far as crudeness goes, I prefer S4-8 South Park where it was more creative than just cussing and gay sex. On that note, the Saddam stuff was also pretty one-note and tiresome.

On the plus side, I did quite like the roles the boys played, the film had some very fun satire and good pacing, and the songs were surprisingly great. One of the best TV-to-film adaptations for sure. B+, 4/5

Good timing on thread. Today marks its 10-year anniversary. And what do we get for it? Apparently a blu-ray!!!!

Finally, no more bare-bones DVD release. :D

Anyways, a couple years ago I argued that the Simpsons Movie was a better movie. Of course, this was back when TSM was just released, so bias was definetly involved. Looking back at the two, it's clear that SP:BLU is the more superior film. While TSM was an entertaining, very funny and most of all, successful endeavor at creating a film version that was certainly better than the current series, SP:BLU aimed for much more with its biting satire and commentary on soccer mom mentality and censorship and the MPAA. It's still relevant today, with Sarah Palin and what not. (ironically, the main antagonist mother in BLU was Jewish)

And you know what? It's still funny as hell. 5/5

What these guys said. I thought it was excellently paced and structured, which didn't seem expected from Matt n' Trey, but they pulled it off.

I don't think it's particularly hilarious, but pretty funny and the songs definitely add a lot to it, including rewatchability. I also love its epic scale and tone. Very entertaining and a great representation of the show in film form.

9/10

Oh, and the Blu-Ray's a definite buy for me, considering I don't even have the DVD.

The biggest issue with Bigger, Longer, and Uncut is that it was made so early on in the series. South Park hit it's peak after the movie came out, so I feel like the movie missed some of those elements that made the show so great during it's peak years. Characters like Butters, Randy, and others who became major players later on got pushed to the background, while characters like Timmy, Jimmy, and others who hadn't been created yet aren't there.

As a whole, it's still a great movie, though. I will agree that the Saddam/Satan stuff isn't as funny as it was when I first saw it, though.
Well put. It would be like if The Simpsons Movie came out way too early and was similar to season 1 or season 2 (as apposed to coming out way too late, like it did!) when the ideal time would have been around season 5-8.

People who don't really watch South Park who see the movie assume that the show never progressed beyond "wow this cartoon is swearing a lot!!"

Saw it in theaters when I was 10

Funny, funny movie.

South Park was in it's peak during the 3rd and 4th seasons and the movie is great along with these two seasons.. the show then went downhill with characters like Butters and then the show became the Cartman and Butters show.

Still a good show, but season 12 was probably the worst... however 13 is picking it up again.

I really do not want to see another movie, especially if it is like imagnationland.

I agree, they were still in the middle of the period where they were known as that rude, offensive, toilet humor series, but now it's become more popular and probably has a much larger fan base. As good as the movie was, they would've been more successful if they'd released it a few years later.

I agree, they were still in the middle of the period where they were known as that rude, offensive, toilet humor series, but now it's become more popular and probably has a much larger fan base. As good as the movie was, they would've been more successful if they'd released it a few years later.

It's strange how The Simpsons Movie was made during a time where the show was already as bad as hell, but it turned out really well. But they had millions of rewrites and a budget of 76 million bucks while the South Park movie was written by two guys and didn't have rewrites. And the budget must've been somwhere around a million bucks...

It's strange how The Simpsons Movie was made during a time where the show was already as bad as hell, but it turned out really well. But they had millions of rewrites and a budget of 76 million bucks while the South Park movie was written by two guys and didn't have rewrites. And the budget must've been somwhere around a million bucks...

I remember Trey parker mentioning in an old interview that the budget was around 22 million.

Back