Smoking - Cool or Not Cool?

How do you feel about it?

• Total voters

LukeMM95

Edgy McEdgeEdge
I don't want to hear any lectures about the "dangers of smoking" or sad stories about smoking victims.

Do you think it's cool, yes or no?

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not a smoker. I've only taken one drag of a cigarette in my life and it was when I was drunk. Still I think smoking can look both really cool (even attractive) or quite unpleasant depending on the person. E.g. John McClane smoking is badass but a bunch of punk teenagers smoking isn't badass.

Last edited:
If your trying to be cool, your not cool. If your not trying, then your more likely to be cool. So it depends on the smoker

gotta admit there is a multitude of reasons why i don't smoke but tons of people look super cool smoking. It's like many other things it just depends on the person. More often than not though it is cool

As someone who quit not that long ago, it's not cool. I smoked for 5 years and never once thought I was "Cool" for doing it. I started when I was 16 and only then it was because my then GF was a smoker and I wound up getting into it through her and the people I was hanging out with at the time. Wasn't even a peer pressure thing. They literally just offered casually and I would be like "Eh, fuck it, sure".

Oddly enough I've been pretty fine for the majority of the time since I gave up. No patches, no gum, nothing. Just went cold turkey and somehow didn't even get agitated at the prospect of not having them. I had grown used to a particular brand with a ball you popped in the filter to give a mild menthol flavor, but you can only get them in like 2 stores in this town, and I got so used to them that everything else just tasted like shit by comparison. So I just sorta gave up because I couldn't be bothered trying to put up with inferior products that were horrendous to the taste and a waste of my money.

Now, a nice blunt from time to time on the other hand... :rasta:

cool with a capital K

lung cancer is super kewl

post_thanks-hover.png
by: OldSchoolerSimpsons

Last edited:
I actually think smoking looks pretty cool in itself, and can look pretty hot if the person doing it is attractive.

But knowing the actual consequences of it i'm really against it personally and would never do it myself because of that. I kind of hate the stigma some smokers have though with anti smoking ads, and anti smoking text written all over cigarette boxes themselves. To me it's not really fair that smokers get this treatment and stigma against them and are shamed about smoking by others yet you never see alcohol treated in the same manner, beer ads are about partying and is glorified among people as something fun and you are considered weird or uncool of you're above 18 or 21 and don't drink. But if you don't smoke than good for you! It kind of seems unfair as both equally bad for you.

No, it's not cool, it just looks......relaxing. If smoking didn't come with health hazards, I'd be tempted to light up just to relieve stress. But I never would smoke, and I would never date a smoker either, unless he quit.

I just think the smoke cloud itself looks really cool for how it can create endless shapes and how it weightfully reacts to movement and gravity. It's actually really beautiful.

tumblr_md749ss0VE1rrr7ano1_500.gif

I just think the smoke cloud itself looks really cool for how it can create endless shapes and how it weightfully reacts to movement and gravity. It's actually really beautiful.

I honestly think that looks pretty cringeworthy. I've never understood smoking being "sexy". I think smoking even removes some of the attractiveness a person may have.

Last edited:

Agreed. It's one of the many reasons why I love film noirs:
tumblr_m9dtbs0pcp1qbz270o1_500.gif

fuck smoking, I often do my best not to even inhale the smoke. And now they have fucking vapor cigarettes, fuck that shit!

I feel more uncomfortable when people drink around than when people smoke around me. Because when people smoke it's a few minutes and they're done. And if I don't like it I can walk a few feet away and i'm fine. But if someone drinks they'll continuing drinking for a while and act like an idiot in the process. And if I walk a bit away they'll continuing taking loudly and I can still hear them. At least smoking looks cool.

Yeah I'm not much of a drinker either. I'll drink when I go out with a group of friends and it also helps me be a little more social. Also I'm usually the one who gets drunk first so I've never had that awkward moment when I'm the only one sober.

I have a friend whose "smoke breaks" take like 40 minutes. he then comes inside to hang for 5 minutes before going out again. I keep telling him he's got it backwards.

yeah and that's not an exaggeration, he really has a serious problem all joking aside.

as for me, I don't smoke and I don't think I ever will. I feel like I would be such a wreck if I did. I hang out with people who do though. I don't necessarily think it's any more cool than most other things just as long as it doesn't take over your life.

Back