Simpsons What Ifs.

they would probably tease her a bit, and then forget all about it in a week, only to be alluded to once every decade or so. just like how apparently Bart's a natural Redhead.

what if at the end of Barting Over, Bart hadn't returned home with Homer?

Tony Hawk would adopt him and he would grow up to be a pro skater.

What if Homer had an eating contest with Monkey D. Luffy. Who would win?

Without Bart and Maggie, they wouldn't have to rush the marriage for another 2 years. Lisa would've also have more support from her family, and would be less depressed.

What if Moe's Tavern stopped selling alcoholic drinks?

I guess he would sell non alcoholic beverage instead and his bar could have been a child bar. So, Homer probably would never visit him.
What if the Simpsons were religious and the Flanderses not ?

Last edited:
What If...Simpsons took place in the DC Universe

Not gonna lie, surprised this thread didn't become popular after the MCU What If... released

Mine: What if Phil Hartman had never tragically passed away? What would his involvement in the show be like, how would his characters be treated, how would his involvement affect the show etc.
That would be interesting, I could see Lionel Hutz potentially been used more, as for Troy, I could easily see him been used for parody commercials, even a potential episode where it would focus on Troy dealing with streaming services (not sure how thou).
What if Homer really had dumped Marge for Mindy?
That would of been interesting to see honestly
What If Bart stayed with one of his girlfreinds?
Depends on the girlfriend,
Jessica - Would be a chaotic one and I could see a "Catwoman Dating Batman" esque situation regarding it if anythng
Greta - Don't think it would of ended long
Gina, Nikki & Darcy - Don't think they would of lasted honestly
Mary Spuckler - Based on Apocalypse Cow, I could see it, if the HD episodes didn't RUIN IT
What if Sideshow Bob kept his position as mayor of Springfield?
I could easily see that as a Simpsons Movie honestly, that is a good fanfic idea, I might use it myself if that's okay with you
What if The Simpsons was an anime?
The question that I constantly have in my mind nearly all the time
What if the Simpsons was made by John K?
Back when you asked it back in 2015, sure, but nowadays, especially after he was exposed for the criminal he was in 2018, it would be pretty difficult to watch & re-watch the show, glad he never did anything with the show.
In such case the show would be known as The Bouviers.
the_simpsons__cotm1___sex_change__by_foxshift-d6ov281.jpg

What if The Simpsons Guy aired 10 years earlier?
OH MY GOD I LOVE THAT FANART!!! I would 100% read this fanfic if it exists, maybe genderbent Lisa actually has friends with characters like Janey & Allison. However, I would probably complain about Bart lacking friends
What if Bart was the smart one and Lisa was the bad kid?
I think that is something that has since been hinted at in "Not It", but I would love to see it
What if Bart is actually a smart kid and just can't concentrate on school work because it's boring and irrelevant?
Honestly, I can see that more as a theory if anything, and I like it and can easily see it
You forgot to ask a what if? Oh well. What is the Simpsons had a story arc instead of being just a sitcom?
Not sure, we have since seen it in Disenchantment and its a mixed bag. I do wander if they will do that in future Seasons or not. Can't really say much else as I have yet to see Central Park
What if Lisa won the election instead of Isabella in "The Kid is All Right"
I don't think there would be any difference to be honest, although, I could (or at least, would) hope Lisa works with Isabel
What if all the comics were made into episodes?
I WOULD LOVE THAT!!! Unfortunately, at this point, I don't think they will

Looking at this more, I noticed that nobody asked a what if regarding Lisa having friends (although, part of me isn't surprised), but I am still surprised this had a long gap between 2016 & 2021, but then was forgotten. I do hope to get this thread restarted if that is okay with @Egg of course.

I think Sideshow Bob would be his own show host instead .

What if Selma was with Marge the one (of both Marge's sisters) who always supported Homer (and consequently rebelled against Patty) ?

Last edited:
I think Sideshow Bob would be his own show host instead .

What if Selma was with Marge the one (of both Marge's sisters) who always supported Homer (and consequently rebelled against Patty) ?
Patty and Selma's dynamic would be very different because they would likely have different personalities, and they'd probably argue all the time.

I think it would have been more interesting. I deliberately chose Selma because she is the one who has a child.

What if that Itchy & Scratchy cartoon where Scratchy finally kills Itchy (and to an lesser extent, "The Battle Of Slaughter-Loo") didn't get interrupted and was shown fully?

What if that Itchy & Scratchy cartoon where Scratchy finally kills Itchy (and to an lesser extent, "The Battle Of Slaughter-Loo") didn't get interrupted and was shown fully?
Bart and Lisa would’ve watched it, laughed at it, and then moved on with their lives.

What if Sideshow Bob never robbed the Kwik-E-Mart?

He probably would have ended up as Krusty's assistant and Mel would have been totally unknown.
What if Skinner was more assertive and not a pushover ? (I mean, what if Bart never succeded to make him a laughinstock)

Speaking of John K. , it's interesting re-reading Fandom VIP (in the 1990s) Michelle Klein-Haas's old posts from then on Usenet pretty much calling Billy West as a traitor ("Billy Wuss") for siding with Nick when John K. was fired from the Nicktoon. Klein-Haas also had a weird female bonering for Cheryl Chase who voiced Angelica on Rugrats.

Currently rewatching Bart Gets Hit by a Car, and I have a dark one, but what if Bart did die after Burns crashed into him?

Currently rewatching Bart Gets Hit by a Car, and I have a dark one, but what if Bart did die after Burns crashed into him?
The family would have cried for an entire year and then gone to visit his grave. His corpse would be on top of his coffin, and on the other tombstones in the cemetery would be written the names of all the former guest stars from the show. Their deaths will all be listed as having happened on the same date.

The family would have cried for an entire year and then gone to visit his grave. His corpse would be on top of his coffin, and on the other tombstones in the cemetery would be written the names of all the former guest stars from the show. Their deaths will all be listed as having happened on the same date.
Man, that would be dark. Honestly, they should do that for a THOH segment

Back