Simpsons Website Updates

Just added new screenshots/framegrabs/screencaps for Season 26. This includes the Family Guy Crossover. i will be adding new screenshots after every new episode this season.
http://drinkduff.com/episode-screenshots/season-26-screenshots/
Love the idea but are you just grabbing random screens at a regular timed interval or are you consciously grabbing shots from certain scenes?
I sort of prefer the latter because I can't think you intentionally grabbed three stills of that Maurice Lamarche character gabbing with a plain backdrop behind him.

Thanks for the input Brad. It's always appreciated as my goal is to make this the best Simpsons fan site out there.

It is indeed a timed interval. I basically put in how many screenshots I want to produce and it generates them at timed intervals. What I can do is improve my process and remove the redundant or boring pictures. Thus far I've only been filtering by blank images and duplicates from the intro and end credits. Thanks again.

I understand how difficult it is to maintain a website the older you get. Working 5 days a week, get home 6:30 P.M, have dinner and before you know it, it's 8:30. That's not including other commitments like family, gym, leisure etc. So I understand when sites shutdown or people lose the passion. It's just the way it is.

In saying that, I'm going to update: tscs.xtreemhost.com

I find it difficult to make time for this but I have already started the new site look, being responsive and keeping up with the latest web trends. I have a real passion for the comics and think it's a niche that no one has done before (in terms of comic quotes).

So The Simpsons Comics Site Version 5.0 is in the works.

Apologies for the lack of updates, life is one busy roller coaster. Can't wait to share the new site with you all.

Last edited:
Doing my tri-annual check-in. Just want to say that SNPP makes me happy. It's like the ebscohost of Simpsons sites.

Thanks for noticing! Someone let me know the whole section was broken, and it was, so I fixed it. In fact, the whole library of images has been replaced with higher resolution grabs as I had done all the pre work for this during a 2012 website revamp that never eventuated. So every single image there is new - not just the last 6 seasons.

Thanks for noticing! Someone let me know the whole section was broken, and it was, so I fixed it. In fact, the whole library of images has been replaced with higher resolution grabs as I had done all the pre work for this during a 2012 website revamp that never eventuated. So every single image there is new - not just the last 6 seasons.

Thanks! Can you add The Simpsons: Tapped Out to the video games list, please?

Hi guys, a ghost checking in!

I got hacked recently, so I thought I'd improve my security, fixed a few other things, got rid of crappy old framegrabs in 320x240 format... Checked my stats recently, and I was surprised to see people are still visiting steadily, even though I have not updated in years. Went through my links quickly too, and I was bummed out to see that quite a few are no longer up. So for the sake of nostalgia, I'll keep it going as long as I can, even if there's no updates.

I would love to finish off my "things and places" list however, which I think is the greatest strength of The Springfield Files. Although I did take the image gallery offline for a bit while I'm looking further into insecure scripts. Written descriptions are still up, but need to be updated. The missing descriptions are typed up for the most part but I've forgotten how to generate the HTML from my typed list...

What killed the Simpsons fan sites? Was it the wiki type of sites that no individual can compete with in terms of content? Maybe copyright laws? Perhaps the fandom shrank?

I still enjoy going back to the few remaining sites from time to time for nostalgia.

There is bunch of content I have from Springfield Indulgence, Springfield Asylum and most recently, the short lived project DrinkDuff. My problem with the last one was that I focused it around news and got burned out after a couple of months. When I do bring something back, it will have to have a 90's feel, offer something unique, and not look dead if I take breaks here and there.

Sorry - Just thinking out loud here.

I think it's just a case of websites seem to be less and less now with social media and the fact people are on phones now more than they are on computers.

That's why you get fan Facebook and Twitter pages instead now, why forums are much more quiet than what they used to be etc... cause they're not as mobile friendly as social media is such as Twitter and Facebook.

At one point pretty much every house had a PC or laptop in it of some sort and now it's less, sure there's tablets in a lot of houses now but that's still not quite as extensive as what it was when everyone had a PC almost, it's mainly mobile phones now what people use and that's why I think these things have died down now.

Edit: [MENTION=2355]franck[/MENTION], that is a brilliant site!! Thanks for keeping a Simpsons website going :)

Sorry to post in this mostly dead thread, but Dark Homer's really done a good job on cleaning the 'In The News' Section. Looks really neat, and is impressive as well, and all links work now!

Don't mean to post in this thread as the last post was more than a year ago, but are there any good Simpsons sites out there aside from here & Wikisimpsons? I don't count The Simpsons Fandom Wiki as a good site as I don't exactly trust that wiki.

Edit: Almost forgot, I am aware of the Tapped Out Addicts site, but I'm thinking more of Simpsons in general

DON'T GO TO THE SIMPSONS FANDOM WIKI! I used to edit there but stopped because of how lazy everyone on that site is and they don't care about improving it. Big mistake.

Back