Simpsons Jokes that We Don't Get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, son. I'm sure he's up in heaven right now laughing it up with all the other celebrities: John Dilinger, Ty Cobb, Joseph Stalin." (on death of cat). What's this?

The three people in that quote were not people you'd expect to ascend to heaven, so it's basically a 'Homer's dumb' joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ty Cobb was a baseball player and I think John Dillinger was a gangster. That's all I know about them.

Joseph Stalin: Soviet leader from the 20s to the early 50s. Notorius for calling for the killing of many political opponents.
Ty Cobb: Legendery baseball player from the 1900s to the 20s. He held several records at one point, but he was a very cruel person on and off the field, including beating up people and spiking other players with his cleats. He was a pretty bad person off the field too and was also a racist.
John Dillinger: Prohibition era gangster. I believe he was public enemy #1 before he was gunned down.

I know about Stalin. Also in one episode where Apu marries Manjula, Marge says she is short a castrati, what is that something to do with castration?

Yep, a castrati is someone (ex. a young boy) who is castrated so they won't go through puberty, giving them a high and angelic singing voice for the rest of their lives.

Jokes in the 'Road Rage' game.
1.Krusty makes various references to someone with a name that sounds like "Goyam". Enlighten me.
2. Also Marge says: "You're a regular Jeff Gordon!". Who is Jeff Gordon?

Goy = short for gentile or non-Jewish. 'Goyum' is a variation.

Jeff Gordon = Popular NASCAR racecar driver in the States.

In 'My sister, my sitter', Lisa goes to Smithers,
'Mr. Smithers, Bart may be seriously hurt. Could we possibly go in front of you?' Smithers answers,
'Uh, no, I'd really rather have this checked out'

Huh? :(

It's a theory related to Smithers' ambiguous gayness.

Note that he's standing while the others in line are seated. Probability: he stuck something up his ass for pleasure and it hurts to sit.

PsycheEnFuego said:
It's a theory related to Smithers' ambiguous gayness.

Note that he's standing while the others in line are seated. Probability: he stuck something up his ass for pleasure and it hurts to sit.

Silly me I thought it was haemmaroids. Although thats also gross/funny?? Not funny for me but some people perhaps.. Your theory makes more sense.

In "Pokey Mom" Marge tells Homer about a combination apron/smock called a "smapron." Homer excitedly asks, "Did you say smockron?!" It didn't mean anything, it was supposed to be a joke because Marge was trying to get Homer to go to the apron expo, but he wouldn't go even if they did have smaprons...but if they had smockrons, whatever the hell they are, he would have gone.

In Half Decent Proposal, what's the deal with Dr. Hibbert Mailbox golfing?

b sharps homer at the garage sale.. look at all this junk NO NO the airplanes upside down, stratawhovius, Can you explain these items? i know theyre probably ironically worth lots. thanks.

brooke2003 said:
b sharps homer at the garage sale.. look at all this junk NO NO the airplanes upside down, stratawhovius, Can you explain these items? i know theyre probably ironically worth lots. thanks.

All the items that Homer dismisses as worthless junk are actually all extremely rare and valuable. He tosses aside Action Comics #1(The first appearance of Superman, worth thousands of dollars), a Strativarius violin(Extremely rare and valuable), an original copy of the Declaration of Independence, etc.

He also has a sheet of old Aeroplane stamps which would be really old, but he holds them upside down, and then throws them away bacause the Aeroplane was upside down. So, yeah, it's all stuff worth heaps.

Screamapillar said:
He also has a sheet of old Aeroplane stamps which would be really old, but he holds them upside down, and then throws them away bacause the Aeroplane was upside down. So, yeah, it's all stuff worth heaps.

Actually, I heard there was a set of very rare stamps where there was a printing error and the aeroplane was accidentally printed upside down. Does anyone have proof of this? I'm not really that sure...

Here is a picture of the error stamp that we're all talking about:
c3a.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back