Simpsons Jokes that We Don't Get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maya Buttreeks said:
I don't get this joke from Helter Shelter:

Marge:
'E-hehe.. my hair isn't really blue..'
'I need that tape!!'

I get she's saying she dyes her hair... but why does she freak out on the camera??

Apparently Marge is riddled with angst over her "secret," but oddly, we knew that "Marge has been as grey as a mule since she was seventeen" from Secrets of a Successful Marriage. And so does much of the town (at least those who were in Homer's class, plus whomever they told).

HM

melZets said:

I thought it was just a silly take on the "Don't judge me because I'm different" scenario. Basically: I was once like you - not trapped by the water spouts. (???)

Actually it was more to do with him being upper class, as he was wearing a rented tuxedo, and Marge considered that Yuppie-ish.

Originally posted by Ronaldo
Don't laugh I was once like you (My Sister My Sitter) What was Homer driving at with that desperate plea.

Originally posted by melZets
I thought it was just a silly take on the "Don't judge me because I'm different" scenario. Basically: I was once like you - not trapped by the water spouts. (???)

Originally posted by Abman51
Actually it was more to do with him being upper class, as he was wearing a rented tuxedo, and Marge considered that Yuppie-ish.

Are you sure? I coulda swore it was said in this scene:
sistersitter.jpg

Just watching Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie. Can someone tell me what Glexnor is (and is from)? It came right before the soilent green scene.

Abman51 said:
Homer: Marge, how did you know --
Marge: That the pants would rip?
Homer: No, what I was wondering was --
Marge: Years of buying pants for two active children and a full-seated husband has given me a sixth sense for shoddy stitching -- which these jeans have in spades.
- "The Springfield Connection"

Why does Marge interupt Homer/What was Homer going to ask?
I've never really got that part of this fine episode.
She interrupts him because she doesn't care what Homer's actually asking--she just really wants to explain how clever her thinking was and bask in her own accomplishment.

Mr. Broom said:

She interrupts him because she doesn't care what Homer's actually asking--she just really wants to explain how clever her thinking was and bask in her own accomplishment.

I hate to go against someone with over 3000 posts but I thought she said that because she knew that Homers question would be the same, except really dumbed down. either that or there was a part in the show that didnt make sense and the writers wanted to cover it up and make you think, like they always do. Its been awile since I saw that ep though so ...

JonMDavis said:
Just watching Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie. Can someone tell me what Glexnor is (and is from)? It came right before the soilent green scene.

It says, "First Fifty Customers Get a Free Glexnor." The episode never actually says what a glexnor is, but I assume its some small, inexpensive futuristic object, like the toy you get with a Happy Meal, because remember that scene was in the future.

Could even be a sex toy of the future. ;)

I think it may be from a book, as when I did a search on it, several similar mentions of it came up. Anyone know?

In Twenty-Two Short Films About Springfield.
Dr. Nick: "Free Nose Jobs for everybody. Ewww, you first."
Jasper: "Give me a Van Heflen."

Who the hell is this Van Heflen person??

I don't quite get the whole Long Island Iced Tea gag from Great Money Caper. Is it suggesting that these type of drinks are alcoholic or something, or is it just another LCD (Lowest Common Denominator) gag for Marge?

Dark Lord Sauron said:
I don't quite get the whole Long Island Iced Tea gag from Great Money Caper. Is it suggesting that these type of drinks are alcoholic or something, or is it just another LCD (Lowest Common Denominator) gag for Marge?

A Long Island iced tea is a drink which doesn't actually have any tea in it at all. Instead, it's made by pouring equal parts vodka, gin, rum, triple sec, and tequila into a glass with ice in it. You add a little lemon juice and fill the rest of the glass with cola.

JonMDavis said:
Just watching Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie. Can someone tell me what Glexnor is (and is from)? It came right before the soilent green scene ... I think it may be from a book, as when I did a search on it, several similar mentions of it came up. Anyone know?

My guess: It's something from either Tekwar or Star Trek. Some guy on geek.com referenced Glexnor when he zinged William Shatner.

Mary Todd:

From what I know, she was Lincoln's wife. She was known to be very angry, egotistical, ambitious, and very interested in her material posessions and social status. Maybe that's what it means.

Abman51 said:

A Long Island iced tea is a drink which doesn't actually have any tea in it at all. Instead, it's made by pouring equal parts vodka, gin, rum, triple sec, and tequila into a glass with ice in it. You add a little lemon juice and fill the rest of the glass with cola.

Then why is it called an iced tea drink if it doesn't have anything to do with tea, does it taste like a spiked version of iced tea or something?

Here is a joke I just deciphered:

In the "Curfew" episode, we hear Homer singing a song while he is in the car waiting for his family to leave the Isotopes game. We only hear selected lines such as "Hitler is a jerk! Moussolini-" and the last line we hear is "And now it does't work!" My friend's dad told me it was an old schoolhouse rhyme kids would recite during the WWII days. It went something like this: "Whistle while you work, Hitler is a jerk, Moussolini bit his weenie now it doesn't work!"

Funny, huh?

i know its probably really simple but what was 'Touch The Stove' a reference to in 'Bart Vs. Lisa Vs. The Third Grade'

Also what is the reference in that pub homer goes into with the man who is marrying 2 people on the same day and the fat man who has a stressy when he can't get another beer. It was in the 'Fear Of Flying'

Why is a Long Island Iced Tea called that?

Why is a Slippery Nipple Called a slippery nipple? There are no nipples in it! Why is a purple jesus called that. There's no Jesus in it! :) Just messing with you.

I think it is more of a jab at Long Islanders than at iced tea.

deviler said:

I hate to go against someone with over 3000 posts but I thought she said that because she knew that Homers question would be the same, except really dumbed down. either that or there was a part in the show that didnt make sense and the writers wanted to cover it up and make you think, like they always do. Its been awile since I saw that ep though so ...
I disagree. His explanation made perfect sense. Didn't you notice how excited Marge was. She obviously wanted to tell him that.

Dark Lord Sauron said:

Then why is it called an iced tea drink if it doesn't have anything to do with tea, does it taste like a spiked version of iced tea or something?

:lol: Spiked!

No, it's just the bloody name of the thing. The joke probably....well I don't think there was a joke at all. ;)

Rowdy Roddy Peeper said:
i know its probably really simple but what was 'Touch The Stove' a reference to in 'Bart Vs. Lisa Vs. The Third Grade'

Also what is the reference in that pub homer goes into with the man who is marrying 2 people on the same day and the fat man who has a stressy when he can't get another beer. It was in the 'Fear Of Flying'

1. There are a few programs like this, one example of this type was a Channel 5 (Five) version where you had to touch a 4 x 4, and the last person left toucing it wins the car. It was just a parody of those endurance shows.
Did you notice that the 'stove' was actually an electric oven?

2. The program is called "Cheers"

"Touch the Stove" was just a ripoff of all those dumb endurance shows ("Fear Factor", "The Chair", "The Chamber", etc.), though the backgroud music and set were parodies of "Millionaire".

The Cheers parody actually had the voices of the main cast, except somehow, Kelsey Grammer who the producers could've easily got on the show after Sideshow Bob, was absent.

In make room for Lisa when skinner is talking to his mother he says he just drove through a tunnell then agnes said I dont like you driving thorough tunnells you know what that symblises. I don't is it supposed mean he is gay or something?help me out here

SideshowTim said:
In make room for Lisa when skinner is talking to his mother he says he just drove through a tunnell then agnes said I dont like you driving thorough tunnells you know what that symblises. I don't is it supposed mean he is gay or something?help me out here

His car represents sperm and the tunnel represents a woman's tubes, shall we say. ;)

It's a pretty easy thing to work out.........

Abman51 said:
Homer: Marge, how did you know --
Marge: That the pants would rip?
Homer: No, what I was wondering was --
Marge: Years of buying pants for two active children and a full-seated
husband has given me a sixth sense for shoddy stitching -- which
these jeans have in spades.
- "The Springfield Connection"

Why does Marge interupt Homer/What was Homer going to ask?
I've never really got that part of this fine episode.

Edit: Was this a parody of those shows, where a case detail has to be spurted out?

I always figured that Homer was trying to ask how Marge knew Herman and them were in the garage with the counterfit jeans. Something the writers figured was impossible to explain, so they had Marge interupt with an explainable event. ;-/

YesMan said:

I always figured that Homer was trying to ask how Marge knew Herman and them were in the garage with the counterfit jeans. Something the writers figured was impossible to explain, so they had Marge interupt with an explainable event. ;-/

That actually makes more sense than my and the other ideas given about my question. :) Yeah she did kind of open the garage door and turn up out of no where!

Ive never understood this one.
In "The Frying Game" after Homer confesses to killing the old lady all by himself and freeing Marge, Marge says something like "Oh Homie you saved me"
Then Homer follows with "Now you do the same for me."
What does this mean? Marge doesn't do anyhting for him that i know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back