Simpsons Jokes that We Don't Get

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the ep Who shot mr. Burns(not sure which one) when moe and everyone came to pick up homer to go destroy the sun machine, they said something(can't remember) and homer siad "Yea, i'm sick of these ___"(don't remember that word either). But anyways he walks toward the car with crooked legs and i never understood what thats supposded to mean. Can someone explain?

He said he was sick of his Rickets.

Rickets is a disorder caused by insufficiency or inefficient action of activated Vitamin D in the body. Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that may be absorbed from the intestines or may be produced by the skin when the skin is exposed to ultraviolet light (particularly sunlight). Rickets leads to the softening and weakening bones.

So no exposer to sunlight for extremely long periods of time can lead to rickets...

Robbie said:

When Moe said that, the closed-captioning said "imitating Jackie Gleason"...I guess it's a reference to him.

Jackie Gleason did use to do a bit like that, where he would take a sip from a coffee cup and say something like "that's good coffee!" or also "mmmmm, how sweet it is!" The joke was often based on the assumption that there was more than coffee in the cup, given that Gleason was a famous boozer.

This joke has been used a couple of times, most recently, I think in the one where Apu has an affair with the Squishee lady. When Homer accidentally walks in on them having sex, Apu says "MMMMM, that's good adultery!".

Cauldron said:
Also, I haven't a clue what the couch gag for Simpson Tide is supposed to be about. The family sits on the couch, the ground breaks up (as far as I could fathom), and they come out of the ground as if they were plants. Bart spits out some dirt. Can anyone shed some light on this?

It's a spoof of the opening to "Rocky and Bullwinkle".

Citizen Kang said:
He said he was sick of his Rickets.

Rickets is a disorder caused by insufficiency or inefficient action of activated Vitamin D in the body. Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that may be absorbed from the intestines or may be produced by the skin when the skin is exposed to ultraviolet light (particularly sunlight). Rickets leads to the softening and weakening bones.

So no exposer to sunlight for extremely long periods of time can lead to rickets...

I finally get the joke now, thank ya much :)

Because Homer was doing it. And she was doing it. Just a random joke that Homer and Marge are both crazy. Remember, this was during Scully's prime.

~B+:

Oh, and in Skinner's Sense of Snow, towards the end, Skinner asks the hamster to chew into his ball-sack.
I know it's funny, but I just don't get it. I'm assuming it's meant to be something....dirty. Am I right?

Really? I didn't know that. Seriously, I didn't. It might be because I'm English, or just ignorant. If that is what it means, then that must explain why Homer thinks Marge is saying a dirty word when she says that Balzac lived without air conditioning.

Bob Underdunk T said:

According to The Simpsons, it's Andy. I'm sure that was a joke, though.

We have never had a Prime Minister named Andy, How come no American knows what our prime ministers name is...It is John Howard(our primeminister)

Cauldron said:
Oh, and in Skinner's Sense of Snow, towards the end, Skinner asks the hamster to chew into his ball-sack.
I know it's funny, but I just don't get it. I'm assuming it's meant to be something....dirty. Am I right?

Well the current medical term is 'Scrotum' and that's what it is, for us males anyway; a ball sack, or to be more precise a balls sack. It contains the testicles.

Now you know. ;)

RE: PM of Australia: You guys live such a nice peaceful life down there, maybe if he was wracked with scandal we'd be on a first name basis:D Really, we never get anything on australia unless tragedy strikes, and then it's only a 10 second blurb. And I watch CNN all the time.

we're not (all) stupid!
just uninformed. we only learn what they feed us, and you should see our science and history books! and no, when we hear "bush fires" we think STD:D

I think we got off topic here!!
I'm suprised no one's asked about Bart's "toss his salad" line.

I don't know the episode names, but it's the one with michael keaton as a prisoner who marge 'adopts'. At the prison rodeo, bart yells "go bull! Toss his salad!" it's the single funniest/wrongest thing I've ever heard on the simpsons. getting your salad tossed is prison slang for anal rape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back