Simpsons Comics Thread

Definitely looks like fakes. I can't see them anywhere when searching it on bing (all I get is stories on the greek Homer) and Bongo have been defunct since 2018, so it's mostly a fan done thing, and not official.

Is there any list out there of Simpsons comics from other places, such as the 1994 SDCC Program, or the Hero Illustrated exclusive comics?

I really miss them too, especially the Colossal Compendiums. They were such a practical way of collecting several issues at once, and really fun too. I know Bongo said they wouldn't release any paperbacks in 2020, but now we're well into 2021. It's about time, man.

My favourite were :

Small except from 105 when CBG dislikes comics after a trauma.
121 with individual hours
159 with Lisa falling in love with a computer
162 with Homer and Burns becoming brothers
177 with Homer waking-up in a world without beer
180 when Simpsons go to Canada
187 with Internet's destruction
Small except from 201 with Monsieur Grenouille
202 with Homer being his own boss
204 with Flanders's parents
207 with all dreams
208 with Brit Simpson
215 with Homer's voice for phones
220 with Ned's bar
229 with Otto and Moe's switcheero
239 with Coffee at home
33 with An alternate Springfield
BS38 with Bart being principal
60 with Smithers being Homer's assistant
BS62 with the kids being forced to work
82 with Ned the Simpson
84 with Homer the principal
Also, i enjoyed The Green adventures, Christmas Forever, Resolutions going wrong and The Simpsons on train first class.

oh when oh when will we ever see another Trade Paperback collection? Disney make some sort of deal with HC so that Hyperion can release them

Now there's a question - Disney owns the rights to the characters, but who owns the rights to the comic books' content itself? I would assume that Bongo Comics still exists - the website is being updated every week (although I will be more convinced once a Futurama 2022 calendar is announced; meanwhile, there aren't even any USA-based Simpsons 2022 calendars announced yet) - so they would be the ones to make any deals.

s-l200.jpg

Bought this Comic Book, I can't wait till it arrives!

The long, long awaited return of paperbacks.

Except that it's hardcover - and $40 (and that's just for "volume 1," although it is over 400 pages).

Hardcover is even better, my point is that the reprinted collections have returned. Even if this one will contain issues I already own from other albums until they get to volume 2.

If they'll release volume 1-3 so has every hardcover ca. 8 issues of Treehouse of Horror. 40-45 pages per issue makes 320-360 pages. The difference to 400 pages could be full of gimmicks.

Last edited:
If they'll release volume 1-3 so has every hardcover ca. 8 issues of Treehouse of Horror. 40-45 sites per issue makes 320-360 sites. The difference to 400 sites could be full of gimmicks.
I assume you mean pages per issue. The first three had 52 pages; 6 and 7 had 64 and 68. The rest appear to have 44-48. Of course, the page counts include the two for the back cover (and one for the inside front cover), which usually aren't included in the reprints.

I'm trying to make sense of Simpsons comics reprints, why did they have to make it so messy?

From my research there's a ton of content randomly skipped and also new content (not comics) that is not featured anywhere else

From what I can see the following have comics that have never been reprinted
New content never reprinted:
Newspaper Comic strips
The Simpsons Go for the Gold
Bart Simpson's Joke book
Simpsons Illustrated (magazine): Some comics

As far as the collections go, besides none of them ever reprinting everything and jumping around making it impossible they also featured some new content:

Simpsons Illustrated (comic): no new content
Bartman and Radioactive Man #1: no new content
Simpsons Classics: No new content
Simpsons Comics Treasure Trove: No new content:
Bart Comics TPBs: little to none
Simpsons Comics Colossal Compendium: little to none
Bongo Comics Free-For-All: Little to none
Simpsons Comics TPBs: Some new content
Holiday reprints: A lot of new content
UK Annuals: A lot of new content
Tree House of Horror TPBS: Tons of new content
Radioactive Man Repository

Is this mostly correct or am I making some mistakes?

Simpsons Comics reprints definitely get a little complicated. They were originally going to reprint #104, but I guess since 81 had been forgotten about they went with that one instead. I didn't mind that back then since it had be remembered eventually, but now as a result 104 has been forgotten instead. And although it was awesome to finally get A Brand New Burns reprinted (One of my favorite Simpsons Comics stories of all time) it's still annoying they skipped over 130 and 131. Especially 131 since it has a lot of cool artwork. Hopefully they will be included in the next Compendium or Simpsons Comics collection if they return too.

Does anyone know if they'll ever publish the comics onto some online site, or if they'll make it available for online reading behind a paywall similar to what Comixology had?

Does anyone know if they'll ever publish the comics onto some online site, or if they'll make it available for online reading behind a paywall similar to what Comixology had?
I was about to post, "Isn't the Simpsons Store app (on both Apple and Android) still running?", then I checked Google Play and it's no longer there.

Hi everyone, new user and new fan of the simpsons comics here and I have some questions!

1) I've recently discovered that Harper Collins is going to release this August a trade paperback called The Simpsons: Futurama: Infinitely Secret Crossover Crisis, ISBN 0060897260 / 978-0060897260. It's 160 pages long, so I assume that it will contain both crossovers. Can anyone tell me how many pages had the old harcover? I know that it had some extras, so I wanted to see if the page count is the same and if it's going to have the same extras.

I found it on:

I hope it's not a mistake and that it's going to be released for real, I discovered too late these comics and I didn't have a chance to buy the hardcover of this crossover.

2) I also wanted to ask: does anyone knows what happened to Bapper Books? The Disenchantement Untold Tales came out exclusively at San Diego Comic-con in 2019 and then we didn't have any news. I was hoping that they would also resume the publications of new Simpsons or Futurama comics.

3) Was the #100 issue ever collected in a paperback?

EDIT:
P.s.: Pretty excited for the Treehouse of Horror omnibus. I was looking ad this page https://www.simpsonsarchive.com/guides/booklistus02detail.html#BKC009USDET and I discovered that every Treehouse of Horror paperback not only collected three issues of the series, but also new material created for the paperback. I hope that they're going to include that in the omnibuses. Also, am I wrong or there some issues that were never collected? I hope that they're collected in this omnibus.
Combining the number of pages of the first three paperbacks, which is 144+144+128 according to that website, you get exactly 416 pages, which is the number of pages that the first omnibus is listed to have. The there are the remaining three paperbacks, which are 128+128+125, 381 pages that could be the second omnibus. These remaining paperbacks collects up to Bart Simpson's Treehouse of Horror #13, right before the series changed name. Then, we have The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror #14-23 that were never collected. I couldn't find the exact number of pages of the issues #20-23, but up #14-19 are 45+47+48+44+41+41 = 266 (I used this resource: https://www.simpsonsarchive.com/guides/comics_th01.html). Supponing that #20-23 are 41 pages each like #18-19, we get to a total of 430 pages, which it's not distant from the first omnibus. And maybe they could even insert #14-14 in the second omnibus since, if my calculations are correct, should be 381 pages if it includes the fourth, fifth and sixth paperback.
I really hope I am right ahaha.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, new user and new fan of the simpsons comics here and I have some questions!

1) I've recently discovered that Harper Collins is going to release this August a trade paperback called The Simpsons: Futurama: Infinitely Secret Crossover Crisis, ISBN 0060897260 / 978-0060897260. It's 160 pages long, so I assume that it will contain both crossovers. Can anyone tell me how many pages had the old harcover? I know that it had some extras, so I wanted to see if the page count is the same and if it's going to have the same extras.

I found it on:

I hope it's not a mistake and that it's going to be released for real, I discovered too late these comics and I didn't have a chance to buy the hardcover of this crossover.

2) I also wanted to ask: does anyone knows what happened to Bapper Books? The Disenchantement Untold Tales came out exclusively at San Diego Comic-con in 2019 and then we didn't have any news. I was hoping that they would also resume the publications of new Simpsons or Futurama comics.

3) Was the #100 issue ever collected in a paperback?

(1) The original hardcover release has 208 pages (not including a reprint copy of Simpsons Comics #1 that was included).

(3) #100? No. Here's the list of which books have which issues.

Yeah, don't waste your money. This sounds like a cashgrab to me. The extras in the first Crossover Crisis book are amazing and the quality of the paper is top-notch. It's probably my favorite out of all the paperbacks I own.

Thank you!

So the crossover reprint is probably going to have less extras, which it's a shame.
The comics themselves take up 153 pages, including a one-page "chapter page" for each of the four sections. In addition, there are:
6 pages for the original covers (a chapter page, the four covers from the four comics, and the Simpsons Comics #87 cover with Snowball II wearing a crown)
26 pages of line drawings
18 pages of drawings by various comic book artists, mostly keeping with the Simpsons/Futurama Crossover theme (there is one of just Radioactive Man and Fallout Boy)
plus the cover page, acknowledgements/copyright info, table of contents, and an introduction by Matt

Yeah, don't waste your money. This sounds like a cashgrab to me. The extras in the first Crossover Crisis book are amazing and the quality of the paper is top-notch. It's probably my favorite out of all the paperbacks I own.
I'll try to find a copy, but the problem is that it seems to be out of print (and living in Italy and I don't have access to a lot of resources to find an old copy for a good price).

The comics themselves take up 153 pages, including a one-page "chapter page" for each of the four sections. In addition, there are:
6 pages for the original covers (a chapter page, the four covers from the four comics, and the Simpsons Comics #87 cover with Snowball II wearing a crown)
26 pages of line drawings
18 pages of drawings by various comic book artists, mostly keeping with the Simpsons/Futurama Crossover theme (there is one of just Radioactive Man and Fallout Boy)
plus the cover page, acknowledgements/copyright info, table of contents, and an introduction by Matt
Thank you a lot!

The long, long awaited return of paperbacks.

I saw this book in store today, plan to get it later.
I hope it includes "Fatal Reception" from THOH 3, since it was never in the first reprint and it's only 3 pages long.
But it said ALL the stores will be in it.

Back