Simpsons Comics Thread

D

Dr. Bartley

okay i know there is the old thread "UK Comics and how it sucks" but this one will be better anyway Simpsons Comics #106 hits the stands in america this week here is the description:

shot599.gif

Krusty the Clown produces a musical extravaganza starring The Simpsons as… The Simpsons! But life in the spotlight becomes tiresome and the smell of the greasepaint and the roar of the crowd leaves the family to ponder whether all the world is a stage and whether or not they should leave it all behind!

I just wait for the books, even though they're like four years behind now. How come certain issues are skipped in them?

beatles20147 said:
I just wait for the books, even though they're like four years behind now. How come certain issues are skipped in them?
Assuming you're talking about the paperback reprints, because they release "special" holiday themed books. There's seperate ones for the THoH and Christmas ones. And there was a "Royale" one a few years ago, that featured Issue # 50 and other rarities. There was also "Best Of Bartman" one, that contained a few Bartman comics and there's an upcoming "Futurama/Simpsons" one.

No, the only things different are the competitions and fan mail sections (obviously they wouldn't be able to use the US ones). there's also the size, i recieved a us simpsons comic for my birthday and it was smaller.

Last edited:
Well, that and the fact that we're several months behind, yet somehow still at the same number as the US...

iirc, a lot of the earlier comics were edited/censored over here. I recall one issue had someone say "sod this" and it was changed to "screw this". There's also a lot of issues where "$%^&"'s and other retarded upper-case number alternatives were used to cover swearing.

Butters said:
Well, that and the fact that we're several months behind, yet somehow still at the same number as the US...

iirc, a lot of the earlier comics were edited/censored over here. I recall one issue had someone say "sod this" and it was changed to "screw this". There's also a lot of issues where "$%^&"'s and other retarded upper-case number alternatives were used to cover swearing.

maybe they're skipping numbers to cover it up? EVERYBODY. CHECK YOUR BACK ISSUES OF SIMPSONS COMICS. NOW.

Hmm...never knew the comics were censored, I assumed the writers hit shift and the number keys for both the UK and US. Interesting.

Butters said:

They changed it to screw this? Sod that!

Yeah, there were some times in the comics when they used "££%R$" and stuff, but it got out of hand over here and the UK comics started using when they said stuff like "hell" and "damn"...

And the "sod" thing was in Issue # 40, when Homer meets Benjamin, Doug and Gary and invites them to live in his basement. At the start he takes Lisa to see Hena Warrior Princess, and after a bunch of teenage girls start a riot mistaking Benjamin for Urkel, Lisa and Hena are the only ones left. Lisa is on the floor, trampled on by the teenagers, and Hena says "Well, sod this for a kiwi's tail feathers. I'm outta here!".

I don't know. Although, I find it strange that Futurama comics say "ass" and "crap", whereas Simpsons comics never do... perhaps they still are...

They expect less people to buy Futurama Comics, because they're shorter and therefore worth much less than you buy them for. Therefore, they can put whatever they want in them. :P

Probably about ten pages' worth, at an educated guess...;)

How many spin-offs of the comics do we have now? Seventeen?

Gotten the last UK comic, "3000's Company". Excellent story yet again and it takles the most fustratingly popluar of subjects: Reality TV.

I like to thank Ian Boothy for that.

P.S. I didn't know if this is another Ian comic or not, but in the comic where Bart wins a vest after the "Li'l Squealer" contest, they kept the "Pigeon Crap Steel Cleaner" bit on the can of steel cleaner that the bullies used to clean the statue of Jebidaih Springfield. Just to point out.

Last edited:
The latest Simpsons Comic for the UK sucked. It was partly similar to "The Mansion Family", and, like all other 100+ comics, was weak and like very diluted paper from start to finish.

Honestly, has there ever been a good Simpsons comic?

yes. the first 60 or so comics were rather readable, and the halloween comics continue to be fairly decent.

Hmm. I only started reading at about 70. Maybe I should try and find some older ones...the Halloween ones are slightly above par. For Simpsons comics, at least.

get the reprints. i highly recommend the simpsorama one. that one has my all-time favourite comic in: uh, that one where homer owns the duff brewery...

edit: oh, wait, there were a few ridiculous stories from the first couple of comics. bart and milhouse in a fantastic voyage parody and ned flanders been an intergalactic clone made by sideshow bob. they don't really find their ground until issue 12 (the bio-dome comic. another good one!). again, highly recommend simpsorama, if you exclude the first tale about flanders been abducted by kang, kodos and sideshow bob. (but, still it's a pretty funny comic)

Sideshow Bob: Good, my criminal buddies have arrived in a helicopter. My escape! (climbs ladders) Wait a minute... I don't have any criminal buddies...
(In helicopter)
Wiggum: See, Lou, I told you if we just flew around in a helicopter with a rope ladder hanging out, someone was going to fall for it.

Oh yeah, I saw that one a long time ago. I think my sister has a copy of one of those comics where they reprint four old comics...

I'll have to start collecting ;)

Back