Should they completely remake an episode?

Should an episode be re-made?

• Yes, it would be interesting.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Absolutely not!

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters

brentmoney

*************** sheriff
I'm sure most of you probably don't like the idea of this after looking at the thread title, but i mean it for pure interest...should the crew re-do an episode from let's say, Season 1? Use the exact same script, but completely reanimate it digitally so it would look as good as they do today, and re record the voices so they sound more like the modern Simpsons. I think this would be pretty cool just for the idea to see how visually episodes are different, as well as the sound. No jokes or anything would be changed either.

Yes! I know this would take a long time, but they should change all the episodes into animation like "The Great Louse Detective". :)

Where is the "Hell no" option? The simpsons is a classic show with its ups and downs, nothing should be changed to alter this.

Sideshow Bob Terwilliger said:
Yes! I know this would take a long time, but they should change all the episodes into animation like "The Great Louse Detective". :)

N-O spells NO.

The last thing I want to see is for classic episodes like Lisa's Substitute and Homer At The Bat get ruined by revisionist and "sparkly clean" animation. Even if you're joking, the thought of it just gives me the chills.

They should just redo the opening. It could be of much better quality than what we have now, considering how much flashier the animation is now.

no cause then if aired insteead of a new episode wed hear everyone saying the simpsons writers are out of ideas all over again

While we're at it, let's add cans of Diet Pepsi to "The Last Supper"!

Seriously though, don't fix what ain't broke. These episodes are pieces of history, and re-doing them would be like having Greedo shoot first in "Star Wars".

Wait...

Seeing them reanimated and re-recorded would be interesting, but I think they would lose their realistic touch and end up feeling more fake and artificial like the new episodes. The animation would be more detailed, but probably not as imaginative (camera angles & lighting & such), and their voices would be the louder, wackier, more annoying ones they are today, rather than the more realistic tone they used to be. It would be interesting to see the results, but not really a good idea.

No way. If they did the Ulman skits over, the whole idea of the Simpsons would be changed forever. they have evolved from pretty rough animation to really nicely animated shows.

Progress is good, and the rough episodes are classics, just the way they are.

I remember that they reanimated old Tom & Jerry cartoons ten years after they aired, and polished up the animation and brightened the colors. It could be done here.

Like I said , it would be only one episode aired at a special time. I wouldn't want the earlier episodes all to be replaced, just like some sort of experiment.

Back