Season 34 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heads up! Here's another promo video for THOH XXXIII

Now I’m starting to think that Linda Blecher appears near the end of the “Simpsonsworld” segment, judging by the fact that Lisa says “I think we’re free” probably after the sacred rule of the characters not knowing they aren’t real having been broken

Also, for anyone here that watches Bob’s Burgers, look closely at the background of where the family is sitting at. I’m pretty sure it’s going to look familiar 😉 (11 to 14 seconds in)

I know it's my fault for looking but this is like the third time this season that a fox promo spoil an ending. That's just awful marketing
Very true, like why can’t they just let us see what happens in the whole episode? Spoiling the ending = attracts less viewers

Smaller scenes are better to be shown, so that fans have an idea of what they’re about to tune in for on the following Sunday.

"How would the characters feel if they woke up and realized they were part of this giant franchise?" Omine said.

Hittin' the meta a bit hard this season, aren't we? :lol:

Anyhow, I have as a rule to avoid promos so that I'll be surprised so I haven't seen that promo that spoil the ending of 'Treehouse XXXIII', but my sympathies to anyone who saw it and got spoiled. Always too bad to hear the promo-creators being counterproductive and sloppy enough to put the end in a trailer.

Last edited:
Well I did see promo and didn't mind for spoiling😺 - maybe just a spoil, where Linda Belcher will appear, but that's insignificant crime.

To those who still watched/will watch this last promo - pay attention to these quick montages. There are a few of interesting frames.

I don't really care for spoilers but damn, that promo just spoiled what Bart looks like in the death tome segment and the end of the Simpsons World segment. That's for sure a bit of sloppy marketing.

I'm hoping it's just the expression at work but he looks... kinda bad. Shame too, most of the designs work a lot better than they oughta. Maybe it'll look better in a different shot. So far, Mr Burns might actually be the best design. Or Homer.

And meh, not like they don't post spoilers a lot. I think I even mentioned a while back that the promo pics tend to either say nothing or spoil something big (like that "Lisa the Boy Scout" was not going to be an ordinary episode). Then again given how businesses work, the guys working the promos probably ain't paid enough to cover the bills, let alone care, so fair enough.

Also, trying to go over details and split-second frames with twitter's video player is hideously annoying

Last edited:
Although Fox has not released a mid-season schedule yet, the new crime drama “Accused” has been announced to premiere on Sunday January 22, preempting “The Simpsons” for the night.

Although Fox has not released a mid-season schedule yet, the new crime drama “Accused” has been announced to premiere on Sunday January 22, preempting “The Simpsons” for the night.
Actually, it's Fox's turn to have a prime time "division round" NFL playoff game, which is scheduled for 1/22, so presumably that will be what actually pre-empts The Simpsons; Accused will almost certainly premiere right after the game. Fox did something similar last year (it was supposed to be Monarch, but was replaced with Next Level Chef when too many production problems forced Monarch's premiere to be moved to the fall.)

My rumor of Bart Simpson as L Lawliet from "Death Tome" segment from Treehouse of Horror XXXIII was true!. I wasn't wrong!.

@ComicBookGal Just like @That Don Guy had predicted, Fox has a double dose of “The Masked Singer” next Sunday from 7 to 9, in the event that Wednesday’s episode is preempted for World Series Game 5. If not, then Wednesday’s episode still remains; it’s just a rerun.

He also said “Lego Masters” could likely have a new episode on 11/20 from 7 to 8 (if preempted on Wednesday too), but there’s currently Simpsons/Bob’s Burgers reruns for that hour.

Also, Happy Birthday 🎉

Last edited:
Well, no new Simpsons episodes this Sunday 6. We will waiting 2 weeks for another new Simpsons episode, to premiere 3 days after my birthday (November 10th).

Now with yesterdays World Series game being rained out, we could instead get game 7 of the world series (if necessary)

Now with yesterdays World Series game being rained out, we could instead get game 7 of the world series (if necessary)
Looks like there’s a baseball preemption this autumn after all, though this is Masked Singers and Lego Masters problem

Looks like there’s a baseball preemption this autumn after all, though this is Masked Singers and Lego Masters problem
I have a feeling this should go into, say, Free For All, but I have a feeling somebody is going to think that they're going to have to pre-empt a new Simpsons episode to get those shows finished in time, so technically it can go into Season 34.
If they do have a World Series game next Sunday, Fox can air all of its Masked Singer and Lego Masters episodes without moving any new Simpsons episodes.
Right now, the two shows are scheduled to have their finales on 12/14, with a 2-hour Lego Masters "Celebrity Holiday Brick-Tacular" on 12/21. If necessary, Fox can air the remaining two episodes of each show on 12/14 and 12/21, and if it really wants to air the Lego Masters special this year, it can do it on Sunday 12/25 in place of what would have been repeats of the Sunday animated lineup.

I have a feeling this should go into, say, Free For All, but I have a feeling somebody is going to think that they're going to have to pre-empt a new Simpsons episode to get those shows finished in time, so technically it can go into Season 34.
If they do have a World Series game next Sunday, Fox can air all of its Masked Singer and Lego Masters episodes without moving any new Simpsons episodes.
Right now, the two shows are scheduled to have their finales on 12/14, with a 2-hour Lego Masters "Celebrity Holiday Brick-Tacular" on 12/21. If necessary, Fox can air the remaining two episodes of each show on 12/14 and 12/21, and if it really wants to air the Lego Masters special this year, it can do it on Sunday 12/25 in place of what would have been repeats of the Sunday animated lineup.
There’s 4 parts of the Holiday special, so Christmas Day alone couldn’t air everything, unless you use Saturday 12/24 (Christmas Eve).

HouseBroken has 2 new episodes on 12/4. Maybe Fox pushes it from 8:30 to 9 then one or the other (Masked Singer or Lego Masters) has another special night from 8 to 9. Considering a rerun on 12/18, then 10 Simpsons episodes would have aired as usual before Christmas.

Why you're here, @Dark Homer a reminder we got information on THOH34. There was a table read for it before Homer's Crossing.
There was a Treehouse of Horror table read couple weeks ago. Which means the production code for Treehouse of Horror XXXIV will actually be OABF17, so... I guess this also means that we'll be getting an another Selman-showrun Treehouse of Horror episode again next year, with Brian Kelley who will be the co-runner for THOH XXXIV next year as well, which could be very interesting

It's likely OABF17, but we know you need clear confirmations☺️ It would be easier if only "Blunderful Life" cover had code number

Well we probably won't be expecting an another table read until probably next Thursday, so hopefully the Simpsons crew (or Al Jean) might get it right next time, I'm sure

D'oh!. No new Simpsons episode this Sunday. But a new episode will premiere 3 days after my birthday (November 10).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back