Season 34 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an another sneak peek picture for 'One Angry Lisa' that I found from Al Jean's Twitter

Last edited:
dang it's been forever since we saw Judge Harm (but we haven't seen much of Jane Kaczmarek since Malcolm in the Middle ended)
Her most recent appearance was the season 21 episode "Chief of Hearts". I had thought that Jane Kaczmarek no longer wanted to voice her but I was wrong.

kinda wonder if they're bringing back judge harm because they don't want to go through the hassle of recasting judge snyder :chin:

From the images the story is hardly understood:drool:. Like: "Lisa and Bart go in co-scouting, have a quarrel about it. Then, when kidnapping? (those criminals) they start to confess love/tell what's your past/future in unrelated non-canon clips show"🤯 That's how I understood it,bBut… still can't get it. Likely ordinary format bender (pardon for oxymoron), but looks too weird. Need more info hype.
The whole Bart being a boy scout thing reminds me too much of that future bit used in the second part of 'A Serious Flanders'.
And speaking of A Serious Flanders: the animation style (shadows, contours, character design etc) of LtBS reminds me ASF-1. Probably Dabbie Magan took it too.

Also I believe there are guest stars in the episode, considering these unknow characters.

Also just a note: EIDR site predicted (before staff revealed) first 3 eps of season with airdates. I want to say nothing, but won't surprise, if it's turn to be right for other episodes (at least, October line-up)…

Last edited:
Since the promo images for 'Lisa the Boy Scout' are up on Wikisimpsons, here they are in the proper sizes this time:
File:Lisa the Boy Scout promo 1.png

File:Lisa the Boy Scout promo 2.png

File:Lisa the Boy Scout promo 3.png

File:Lisa the Boy Scout promo 4.png

File:Lisa the Boy Scout promo 5.png

File:Lisa the Boy Scout promo 6.png

I don't know about you, but this pic up here looks like a flashback. All right, moving on...

File:Lisa the Boy Scout promo 7.png

File:Lisa the Boy Scout promo 8.png

File:Lisa the Boy Scout promo 9.png

File:Lisa the Boy Scout promo 10.png

File:Lisa the Boy Scout promo 11.png

And by the looks of these pictures, it does look like this episode will have Debbie Mahan's directing effort in it, plus we haven't seen her name since last fall

Last edited:
Since the promo images for 'Lisa the Boy Scout' are up on Wikisimpsons, here they are
Replace the "height" parameter with "width" in code. Now images look thin a bit
I don't know about you, but this pic up here looks like a flashback. All right, moving on..
Not flashback, but something other:
Roger Myers III said:
the long-awaited next "22 Stories"/Anthology episode, the last one to get a live table read before Covid. And I'm talking about "Love Hacktually". (Credited to the incredible Dan G, but very much a staff effort).
We considered RM3 had confused this premise with another upcoming similar format-bender, "My life as a Vlog", but he said all right! I'm not sure, how it'll be in air, but Love Lisa the Boy Scout with all that mash-up is going to be "22 Shorts" style

Either way it still looks better than the style they have now.

Not even in a "everything modern sucks" way. Mostly that the thicker, softer outlines just work better...

Season 34 general promo-poster the last of AniDom)
1663180724522.png
By the way, FoxFlash removed all images from real season 33 (now Lisa the Boy Scout is the only in that section yet).

If not glitch with my phone I'd be faster😅

So, I thought about LaZebnik or Kelly. Well, here he is!

Marge becomes obsessed with her exercise bike in the all-new “One Angry Lisa” episode of THE SIMPSONS airing​

Sunday, Oct. 2

(8:00-8:31 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-3319) (TV-PG D,L,V)​
I don't know why, but the B-plot got me crazy. It could be one heck of a try to have some serious comedy and craziness, but if it's too crazy, I'm gonna have the Margeness of my own. Here I am, my weird self, Aubree the Gonzo.

Oh no, not Judge Harm again after 12 years of her absence. Not only that, Lisa is too young to be called for Jury Duty unless there is a plot device that explains otherwise.
If there is a plot device, that would obviously work and make sense for the episode, as long as it's something that is clever and not bland and unbelievably or morally wrong. I thought this episode was going to be a good type of a mysterious story from what I imagine, but overall, the episode is probably good or decent, but not expectedly good good. If it's bad, it's probably because of either the blandness of the episode, Judge Harm, or both.

Ha-ha, FoxFlash is under drugs.:lol:
They removed all the images from LtBS (what is still as season 33), except of those 2 images with just scouts.

On the serious side understood - they'd want to keep intrigue, but accidentally threw all those weird promos.

I have absolutely no idea what to expect from Lisa the Boy Scout with no synopsis yet and all those pics apparently coming from the same episode. I missed this feeling.

EDIT : My bad, I haven't seen that the plot was revealed. Still don't know what to make of it though.

Last edited:
What I find fascinating with that set of promo images from 'Lisa The Boy Scout' is that aside from the first and the last one (both depicting Bart & Lisa in their scout uniforms), they all look like they are from completely separate, disconnected episodes. I don't know what to say about it really (as I dunno what to expect either) other than the fact that it does leave me with the hope to be positively surprised.

I don't know why, but the B-plot got me crazy. It could be one heck of a try to have some serious comedy and craziness, but if it's too crazy, I'm gonna have the Margeness of my own. Here I am, my weird self, Aubree the Gonzo.
no kidding this reminds me of the B-plot of the South Park episode Creme Fraische or whatever that episode with Randy cooking was

Either 'Lisa The Boy Scout' has a really wacky plot possibly featuring a time travelling Bart or those other images were uploaded by mistake and belong to (an)other episode(s).

I seriously doubt they uploaded footage from another episode by mistake, considering that Michael Price had already said it was a "special episode" and also seems to be very excited about it on Twitter describing it as "wack".

And speaking of special episodes, well... The last episode to be called this way was 'Pixelated and Afraid' so it's almost certain that if everything lines up correctly we could be looking at a new gem of the modern age. So I'm totally in.

Brian Kelley is the "co-runner" of Lisa the Boy Scout.

Given last season's pattern, I think it's safe to say that Selman's episodes always employ the same set of co-runners on a rotating basis: Carolyn Omine, Tim Long, Rob LaZebnik and Brian Kelley. They're clearly the four writer/producers that collaborate best with him, as seen in previous seasons.

Unless there's a change this season, that pattern should hold - at least until season's end in May, at which point Tim Long's new showrunning job on the upcoming animated show Bloom Country should keep him partly away from The Simpsons for a while like it happened with Price on F is for Family (of course, there's also the matter of whether The Simpsons will last past this season....).

Either 'Lisa The Boy Scout' has a really wacky plot possibly featuring a time travelling Bart or those other images were uploaded by mistake and belong to (an)other episode(s).
Maybe so, I'm not really sure what the story is going to be about in this episode of Boy Scout Lisa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back