Season 33 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marge_the_Meanie_promo_5.png
Interesting, that Cafeteria doesn't look like the one at Springfield Elementary School. Of course, it could just look different from then compared to now, but interesting if it is another Elementary School. Maybe its West Springfield Elementary School or an Elementary School we've never heard of before

Interesting, that Cafeteria doesn't look like the one at Springfield Elementary School. Of course, it could just look different from then compared to now, but interesting if it is another Elementary School. Maybe its West Springfield Elementary School or an Elementary School we've never heard of before
I don't think it's a school cafeteria at all.😶 Maybe that sea berth cafeteria from first images and act

Seems to be a different school but I can see why it'd be confusing, the defaced food pyramid is exactly like the one in Springfield Elementary's.

Wait, do we FINALLY get to see Springfield Middle School. Also, that cafeteria could be from there...just saying
I think this IS the first time Springfield Middle School is shown..... This show has used up a bunch of ideas but they probably haven't thought of this one before this episode!

SMS has been mentioned but not pictured - kind of like SHS last week.

I like to check in here from time to time to make sure there's still plenty of rampant empty speculation - and, goddammit, there still is! (But now with 100% more harassment of actual staff, which is def interesting.)

The final 3 of 33 are excellent - strong finish to another strong season. Many great ones on deck for next season too (y'all will be *knocked out* by the long-awaited next "22 Stories"/Anthology episode, the last one to get a live table read before Covid.)

Many great ones on deck for next season too (y'all will be *knocked out* by the long-awaited next "22 Stories"/Anthology episode, the last one to get a live table read before Covid.)
What long-awaited anthology episode from before Covid-19 are you talking about? 😕

SMS has been mentioned but not pictured - kind of like SHS last week.

I like to check in here from time to time to make sure there's still plenty of rampant empty speculation - and, goddammit, there still is! (But now with 100% more harassment of actual staff, which is def interesting.)

The final 3 of 33 are excellent - strong finish to another strong season. Many great ones on deck for next season too (y'all will be *knocked out* by the long-awaited next "22 Stories"/Anthology episode, the last one to get a live table read before Covid.)
Holy crap, welcome back @Roger Myers III! Loved your posts way back in the day.

Holy crap, welcome back @Roger Myers III! Loved your posts way back in the day.
Dude, thanks - you're very kind. I like to check in every now and then... it's like a burnt-out mall I remember well from BITD, with just the crusty most-dedicated vets hanging on. (But all my nice profile testimonials are gone!!)

And I'm talking about "Love Hacktually". (Credited to the incredible Dan G, but very much a staff effort).

It's fun watching y'all piece together the staff shuffles from the tea leaves. Without overthinking or treating it like it's 'rigid', think of it like Al works up with Jim (who's been more involved last 5 or so yrs), Selman is more the hands-on showrunner, with a number of the every-day producers as "co-runners" (Tim L, Caroline, Rob L). overseeing eps by the newer and not-every-day producers. Sort of a newly developed natural progression to foster a new generation of writers on a show that's going on an unprecedented number of seasons.

And I'm talking about "Love Hacktually". (Credited to the incredible Dan G, but very much a staff effort).
Welcome back, mr. Myers.👋

And why are you so sure about anthology here, moreover, in the 22 Stories style (partly I can understand about such guesses, but there is a more fittable nearby speciulation thread) Also, why it was done "live before covid"? It's (omg) 2 years since its start, whyle the script was written last year.

And why are you so sure about anthology here, moreover, in the 22 Stories style (partly I can understand about such guesses, but there is a more fittable nearby speciulation thread) Also, why it was done "live before covid"? It's (omg) 2 years since its start, whyle the script was written last year.
It was pretty clear years and years ago that Roger has some kind of access to the show and its producers. I have no reason to doubt the veracity of his claims.

Probably not "knocked out" but I guess I'm curious.

I mean from the quality of pretty much the whole season except for maybe Lisa's Belly (and that was a freelancer ep) it sounds like something I'm gonna regret wanting. On the other hand, we've not had any Dan Greaney eps this season. So if it ends up feeling more like 27 or 32, which were alright overall, then maybe there's something there. That and so far, his bad eps have mostly just been dull, compared to some of the things the other writers have pulled. And Barthood was one of the only times the modern show seemed to give a crap about its characters as people, let alone Bart.

So maybe he can do this well... I'm just not holding my breath considering every other time I've wanted or wished for something. Maybe there's a monkey's paw in my walls, except with just a constantly uncurling middle finger.

It was pretty clear years and years ago that Roger has some kind of access to the show and its producers. I have no reason to doubt the veracity of his claims.
Sorry, I didn't know/missed that.
If so, we're really thank to you, @Roger Myers III for inside info. Happy, you took a visit to NHC (do it more often), and I hope, you will continue to enjoy (or not) the show as much as the Simpsons staff tries😀 (harrassments here sometimes are really dull, to said)

At least 'Love Hacktually' is not showrunned by Al Jean, which we all already know, but hopefully this upcoming episode for next season won't be too bad

Interesting to see @Roger Myers III Myers III drop by after nearly 5 years. Hope to hear from him again (maybe once more with some intriguing insider info). Didn't really know he has contacts behind the scenes and that's why he knows these things, but it's still neat to know there's one boarder around with that kind of connections.

It's fun watching y'all piece together the staff shuffles from the tea leaves. Without overthinking or treating it like it's 'rigid', think of it like Al works up with Jim (who's been more involved last 5 or so yrs), Selman is more the hands-on showrunner, with a number of the every-day producers as "co-runners" (Tim L, Caroline, Rob L). overseeing eps by the newer and not-every-day producers. Sort of a newly developed natural progression to foster a new generation of writers on a show that's going on an unprecedented number of seasons.

I think that section is especially interesting. I like hearing about how it looks like behind the scenes and this confirms a few things (maybe in particular that of Selman being much more hands-on in the showrunning position than Jean, which I guess is why the former's episodes often turn out differently and tend to have more of a quality control feeling).

Last edited:
Oh man, I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I'm not really looking forward to the Marge and Bart plot in Marge the Meanie this Sunday at all, honestly! 😐 But I will say, I am looking forward to see the flashback part for this one, it kinda looks interesting already

Yeah, I thought we heard before that QABF02 Three Dreams Denied was the last in-person table read, and QABF03 Springfield Summer Christmas for Christmas was the first remote table read. If Love Hactually was actually the last in-person table read, it must have happened in-between these two, but then put on the shelf for a year and a half.

Yeah the delay is a little weird. I remember the incredible lightness of being a baby getting delayed to tie into that short n' all so, there's probabaly a reason for this one getting held back. Guess it's a secret?

I mean my first guess is something interrupted the recording process (covid? someone died?) and they just hadn't gotten back to it for a while.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to point out that I also noticed in one of the promo pictures for Marge the Meanie that Bart has a red coat on from Gone Boy as well. Good eye!
But the difference is: In "Gone Boy", Bart wears his typical and regular orange red t-shirt unlike "Marge the Meanie", where he wears a blue green t-shirt.

Last edited:
But the difference is: In "Gone Boy", Bart wears his typical and regular orange red shirt unlike "Marge the Meanie", where he wears a green shirt.
Oh... Okay then, I see what you mean. And by the way Anthony, before if you say anything about the promo pictures for Meat is Murder, I don't think we'll be expecting promo pictures for Meat is Murder until sometime next week, just so you know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back