Season 33 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We already know what the Season 33 episode finale is called thou, right?
Yes. As the matter of fact, Marge the Meanie will be the Season 33 finale later this year. While UABF16 to UABF22, along with Treehouse of Horror XXXIII, will probably air in Season 34 afterwards

Marge the Meanie? But Jean stated this plan a long ago November. After that the staff easily could review the schedule (based on how much factors added: Easter 99% preemption, Grammys postpone etc.)
I doubt that the staff will change so much. No episode for Oscars, no episode for Easter, and one date to air two episodes leaves everything balanced for this season.

Okay, the Season 34 table read of The Simpsons will start sometime in early March later this year, thanks to Phantom123 who asked Michael Price about when the Season 34 table read is gonna happen. But still, we don't know what the production code will be for Season 34 of The Simpsons next year yet though

Sorry for the double post once again, but according to FOXFLASH, there will be a repeat for Portrait of a Lackey on Fire on February 6th

Sorry for the double post once again, but according to FOXFLASH, there will be a repeat for Portrait of a Lackey on Fire on February 6th
Keep in mind that Fox is airing a NASCAR race from 6 to 8 Eastern, so there's a chance that it will run long - and since the Simpsons episode is a repeat, the usual Fox policy is to air it in progress if that happens.

Also, for some strange reason, FoxFlash claims that Mothers and Other Strangers and A Made Maggie are airing on 1/30; I think somebody took the 2/13 schedule (which, if Fox airs the repeats in order, is when they would air) and put it into 1/30 by mistake. (An earlier Fox press release says that Fox is airing the NFC Championship Game followed by a new episode of Next Level Chef on 1/30.)

Again, unless Fox airs a 4:00 Eastern NFL game, which would pre-empt the first episode in the eastern half of the country. "Usually," the network with the late conference championship game, which is Fox this year, has the 1:00 Sunday game the previous week, but there's always the chance that, say, the Rams and Cardinals both have home games, neither of which can start at 1:00 Eastern. (If one of them does, Fox would air that game on Saturday.)
Just announced: Fox's only NFL game that weekend is on Saturday night.

Also: the Las Vegas Review-Journal is reporting that the arena at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas is being "held" for April 10 as a possible site for the Grammys, although the Recording Academy has not mentioned any new date for the ceremony yet.
If Fox doesn't want to air a new episode against the Grammys, here's a possibility: air a new episode as a "bonus" episode on 9/18 (it won't be against the Emmys as it is NBC's turn to air them, and NBC airs Emmys on Mondays because of its Sunday Night Football commitment), then air the "season 34 premiere" as planned on 9/25. This assumes that 9/25 is a Fox NFL doubleheader day, so airing the "bonus episode" at 7:00 or 7:30 that night is not a possibility.

Last edited:
Just announced: Fox's only NFL game that weekend is on Saturday night.

Also: the Las Vegas Review-Journal is reporting that the arena at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas is being "held" for April 10 as a possible site for the Grammys, although the Recording Academy has not mentioned any new date for the ceremony yet.
If Fox doesn't want to air a new episode against the Grammys, here's a possibility: air a new episode as a "bonus" episode on 9/18 (it won't be against the Emmys as it is NBC's turn to air them, and NBC airs Emmys on Mondays because of its Sunday Night Football commitment), then air the "season 34 premiere" as planned on 9/25. This assumes that 9/25 is a Fox NFL doubleheader day, so airing the "bonus episode" at 7:00 or 7:30 that night is not a possibility.
Should the Grammys be delayed to 4/10, then this is a good idea................ but why not let Season 33 have 21 episodes so the "bonus" episode begins Season 34 on 9/18?

Should the Grammys be delayed to 4/10, then this is a good idea................ but why not let Season 33 have 21 episodes so the "bonus" episode begins Season 34 on 9/18?
Now we are getting into semantics of "seasons." Check out my episode airdates page at the Simpsons Archive website for examples of what Fox considers being "in a season." Okay, the last time it happened was in Season 16, when THOH XV aired on 11/7/2004, but the "official" Season 16 premiere, All's Fair in Oven Air, aired the following week. Still, if an episode airs on 9/18, most likely it would be treated as "between Seasons 33 and 34."

Another possibility; if 9/11 is a Fox NFL doubleheader day, air the carryover episode immediately after the football coverage - especially if there is another half-hour show Fox wants to promote (for example, the first post-movie Bob's Burgers episode) that can air right after, or even right before, it.

This isn't limited to The Simpsons; back in 2012, Fox aired two new episodes of New Girl on 9/25 - one at the show's regular time slot of 9:00, and one an hour earlier - but the 8:00 one was considered a "bonus" episode while the 9:00 one was the "official" series premiere.

Now we are getting into semantics of "seasons." Check out my episode airdates page at the Simpsons Archive website for examples of what Fox considers being "in a season." Okay, the last time it happened was in Season 16, when THOH XV aired on 11/7/2004, but the "official" Season 16 premiere, All's Fair in Oven Air, aired the following week. Still, if an episode airs on 9/18, most likely it would be treated as "between Seasons 33 and 34."

Another possibility; if 9/11 is a Fox NFL doubleheader day, air the carryover episode immediately after the football coverage - especially if there is another half-hour show Fox wants to promote (for example, the first post-movie Bob's Burgers episode) that can air right after, or even right before, it.

This isn't limited to The Simpsons; back in 2012, Fox aired two new episodes of New Girl on 9/25 - one at the show's regular time slot of 9:00, and one an hour earlier - but the 8:00 one was considered a "bonus" episode while the 9:00 one was the "official" series premiere.
I checked out the website............ I still don't understand why an episode airing, say 9/18/22 before "the official season premiere" a week later would be considered "in between seasons".

A. It's not during the summer gap between television seasons. "Blood Feud", "B,CYSTD" (the second Herb Powell episode), and "Lard of the Dance" aired as the premieres/finales of their respective seasons.

B. Idk if this would've worked, but say XABF15 (which would've ended Season 29 but was delayed to 30) had aired 9/30 as an "bonus episode" and the episode on 10/7 "began" the season. Why do that when it's already the fall and shows are back with a new season of new episodes?

Terms like "season premiere" and "in-between seasons" are something Fox does, presumably for ratings purposes. Every episode is given a season for purposes of DVD releases (assuming they ever release any more seasons, which I am starting to doubt) and how they are grouped on, say, Disney+. What Fox says is an episode's season and what the producers say are not necessarily the same thing.

The Recording Academy has announced that the Grammys will be on Sunday 4/3.

Oh gosh, perhaps that means there won't be a new Simpsons episode that day. I'm starting to think that the schedule for the rest of Season 33 is probably gonna be very crazy. I honest to God don't know why 😐

Oh gosh, perhaps that means there won't be a new Simpsons episode that day. I'm starting to think that the schedule for the rest of Season 33 is probably gonna be very crazy. I honest to God don't know why 😐
I totally agree

Now I'm starting to fear that the show might go against it😨

I'll repeat myself: without Grammys there are too much "weeks off" in Jan, Febr, Mar, Apr of 2022🙄. If Fox will also preempt/translate a repeat then (Apr 3rd) cause of Grammys, plus obligator Oscars repeat, Easter Naskar, and add here early season finale, there is a possibility of getting just 20 eps. (Note, I refused 2-eps season finale Sundays though)

However, say banal silly kids' state: Fox just has no choice AND 99% for it will return to old practice of airing new episodes against Grammys with serious ratings crap (or not SO serious, remember 2021 March, 14th). The someway ridiculous acts are needed: starting from the most possible 2-eps season finale (just causing by Bob Burgers movie-related schedule), and end with remember of season 16 with several Sundays, full of two Simpsons episodes (the least possible scenario so far)

Back to April 3rd, I like The Simpsons archive description
April 3 - possible repeat

we're gettin a preview of a character from the next episode in Tapped Out soon enough
Cool. Stay us in touch🙂

Last edited:
Didn't the show use EABF as a production code before?
Maybe *ABE? As nowadays Disney/Fox shows don't want to associate with Fox in prod. codes. As "F" in code meant belong to Fox (I did hear it somewhere, no matter how absurd it may sound).

Either it or Al Jean just joked with Justin (or again he did something typo/mistake😄)

Upd. Just discovered, King of the Hill had *ABE code (without 1- and 2ABE, though). So, that's still intrigue, we'll discover for dure in 1.5-2 months:)

Last edited:
Maybe *ABE? As nowadays Disney/Fox shows don't want to associate with Fox in prod. codes. As "F" in code meant belong to Fox (I did hear it somewhere, no matter how absurd it may sound).

Either it or Al Jean just joked with Justin (or again he did something typo/mistake😄)

Upd. Just discovered, King of the Hill had *ABE code (without 1- and 2ABE, though). So, that's still intrigue, we'll discover for dure in 1.5-2 months:)
Who knows? I mean, he probably just joked with me

Didn't the show use EABF as a production code before?
And yes, The Simpsons already had the EABF production code before, there's no way The Simpsons is gonna use that production code again, that's why I'm confused last night

Also, for some strange reason, FoxFlash claims that Mothers and Other Strangers and A Made Maggie are airing on 1/30; I think somebody took the 2/13 schedule (which, if Fox airs the repeats in order, is when they would air) and put it into 1/30 by mistake. (An earlier Fox press release says that Fox is airing the NFC Championship Game followed by a new episode of Next Level Chef on 1/30.)
And to the surprise of nobody, Mothers and Other Strangers (7:00) and A Made Maggie (8:00), which just happen to be the next two episodes (other than THOH) that haven't been repeated yet, will air on 2/13.

every week one episode. interesting
02nykOh.png

Just in case, essential remind: futoncritic isn't official source.
That means some indicated will be preempted/repeat (no new eps, in short).
To said, despite tight schedule, 99% on 27 March will be such date, because of Oscars.
(+we've know the unshown 17 Apr will be preemption)

Last edited:
Just in case, essential remind: futoncritic isn't official source.
That means some indicated will be preempted/repeat (no new eps, in short).
To said, despite tight schedule, 99% on 27 March will be such date, because of Oscars.
(+we've know the unshown 17 Apr will be preemption)

True, but Fox has announced its "Spring return/premiere dates," and did not show anything for Sunday nights at 7, which means the 7-8 block should still be Simpsons & Bob's Burgers repeats - which surprises me a little, because they're going to have to start doing third airings on 3/6, and even then, that assumes THOH XXXII airs on 2/27. Until I saw this, I thought there was a chance Name That Tune would air on Sundays.
Here's the announced schedule:
Monday - 9-1-1; 9-1-1 Lone Star
Tuesday - The Resident; Name That Tune
Wednesday - The Masked Singer; Domino Masters
Thursday - MasterChef Junior; Call Me Kat; Welcome to Flatch (replacing Pivoting on 3/17)
Friday - WWE Smackdown
Saturday - repeats, until baseball begins in mid-May, assuming the lockout ends by then
Sunday - "the usual"

Still, you're right about TFC assuming for the moment that all Sunday 8:00 episodes will be new ones.

Added:
For those of you wondering if the iHeartRadio Music Awards will pre-empt the show, they will be on Fox, but on Tuesday 3/22.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back