Season 33 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox's NFL coverage ended around 7:40, so tonight's episode should air as scheduled; remember, that's 9 Eastern, 8 Central (and the usual 7 Mountain, as well as 9 Pacific).

The repeat of Lisa's Belly may not happen; it depends on whether or not Fox has a 4:00 PM playoff game that day. The NFL has not announced this yet.
Actually, it has, because it's a CBS/Nickelodeon simulcast - CBS is showing the 4:40 game that day; Fox's only game will be at 1:00.

The Grammys have been postponed to an unannounced date. This opens the door up to it airing on a Sunday, which could be a problem if Fox really doesn't want to air new episodes of anything against it.
Considering that the finale is already confirmed to air 5/15, the 8-week hiatus ends with UABF04's premiere on 2/27, and Easter is usually skipped, I really don't know now how the season's remaining airdates would work.

Unless the Grammys air anywhere from Monday-Saturday later this year.

The Grammys have been postponed to an unannounced date. This opens the door up to it airing on a Sunday, which could be a problem if Fox really doesn't want to air new episodes of anything against it.
Considering that the finale is already confirmed to air 5/15, the 8-week hiatus ends with UABF04's premiere on 2/27, and Easter is usually skipped, I really don't know now how the season's remaining airdates would work.

Unless the Grammys air anywhere from Monday-Saturday later this year.

I think they aired a new episode against the Grammys before.

They did in Season 32, but that was because 2/14 was preempted due to the Daytona rain delay, leaving the episodes for 2/14, 2/21, 2/28, and 3/7 to be pushed a week. QABF08, which was supposed to air 3/7, went against the Grammys on 3/14.

They did in Season 32, but that was because 2/14 was preempted due to the Daytona rain delay, leaving the episodes for 2/14, 2/21, 2/28, and 3/7 to be pushed a week. QABF08, which was supposed to air 3/7, went against the Grammys on 3/14.
In 2011 they’ve first aired an episode called The Blue and the gray against the Grammys. Not a Smart idea to do that.

The show also aired against it from 2012-2015, 2017, and 2019 besides 2011 and 2021.

Unless the Grammys air beyond May 15, then Fox would probably bother to air against them (probably Oscars too, if they're willing) and have no hiatuses after the winter break return (except Easter, even season 25 skipped that).

The show also aired against it from 2012-2015, 2017, and 2019 besides 2011 and 2021.

Unless the Grammys air beyond May 15, then Fox would probably bother to air against them (probably Oscars too, if they're willing) and have no hiatuses after the winter break return (except Easter, even season 25 skipped that).
Reminder: Easter is not an option this year - Fox is already committed to airing a NASCAR race that night

Oops!😐

But Fox have not big choice regarding AniDom shows. If new Grammys date will be on Sunday (before 5/15) the network can easily air whatever new against Gram (as aforementioned, they did it before). Maybe a rating crap is going to be, but that's the best possible (if Grammys on Sunday so) case, unlike to air against Oscars (Mar 27th). As I have said before, it would be a suic*de in the way of ratings to air something new against Academy Award.😁 (it isn't Ukraine, where Oscars are translated live from 2:AM Monday, and nobody watches it anyway 😅)

Plus, speaking about The Simpsons, without "Grammy possible on Sunday", there are little of open Sundays for new eps (add here preemption on Easter so far and probable 2-episode season finale in May if still 22 episode season)

Oops!😐

But Fox have not big choice regarding AniDom shows. If new Grammys date will be on Sunday (before 5/15) the network can easily air whatever new against Gram (as aforementioned, they did it before). Maybe a rating crap is going to be, but that's the best possible (if Grammys on Sunday so) case, unlike to air against Oscars (Mar 27th). As I have said before, it would be a suic*de in the way of ratings to air something new against Academy Award.😁 (it isn't Ukraine, where Oscars are translated live from 2:AM Monday, and nobody watches it anyway 😅)

Plus, speaking about The Simpsons, without "Grammy possible on Sunday", there are little of open Sundays for new eps (add here preemption on Easter so far and probable 2-episode season finale in May if still 22 episode season)
Al Jean confirmed last May that seasons 33 and 34 have 22 episodes. If there's one instance this season where two episodes premiere the same night (probably 5/15, I agree), then we just need 8 more Sundays after 2/27 to fill the schedule.

If The Grammys do decide to go on a Sunday and Fox decided to play repeats on that day, They might have to push it one week or play two new episodes of The Simpsons in one week and have other show (The Great North or Bob’s Burger) do the same in the same week and the other two in the next week.

If The Grammys do decide to go on a Sunday and Fox decided to play repeats on that day, They might have to push it one week or play two new episodes of The Simpsons in one week and have other show (The Great North or Bob’s Burger) do the same in the same week and the other two in the next week.
Two other options:
1 - Fox would be stuck with running a new episode against the Grammys
2 - Fox would do what it did when it had a last-minute pre-emption (with that "missing' O.J. Simpson interview that just happened to air the same night as ABC's American Idol premiere) - only air 21 episodes this season, and 23 next season

Al Jean confirmed last May that seasons 33 and 34 have 22 episodes. If there's one instance this season where two episodes premiere the same night (probably 5/15, I agree), then we just need 8 more Sundays after 2/27 to fill the schedule.
I'm sure Al Jean was referring to production seasons.

Sources tell Variety that even though the Crypto.com Arena has a basketball or hockey game or a concert booked nearly every night until mid-April, enough artists and executives voiced reluctance about appearing to convince the Academy to postpone the show.

Sources close to the situation also tell Variety that the show will probably move to April or May, which would seem to rule out holding it at the Crypto.com Arena. The Grammys traditionally require a 10-day-plus lockout of the venue in which they are held, and according to the Crypto.com Arena’s schedule, another such opening will not be available at that venue until June or even later, although a scaled-down show is a possibility

Well, "June or even later" is irrelevant for us (and unlikely), but until April we definitely shouldn't even mention Grammys 😁

Two other options:
1 - Fox would be stuck with running a new episode against the Grammys
2 - Fox would do what it did when it had a last-minute pre-emption (with that "missing' O.J. Simpson interview that just happened to air the same night as ABC's American Idol premiere) - only air 21 episodes this season, and 23 next season
It could happen and maybe UABF14 becomes the finale instead, but I consider that a potential long-shot
I'm sure Al Jean was referring to production seasons.
I don't think so. On Al Jean's tweet, the person who asked thought if there was 25 episodes to be aired. 2 22-episode season productions plus the 7 holdovers from Season 32 makes 51 episodes made, and all seasons since 16 except 20 have had 22 episodes produced, it's too obvious

Written by Tim Long. What you wanted else:D
Actually, I also thought so, even plan to ask later about it😜 Thank you for the info

"Portrait of a Lackey on Fire" (Rob & Johnny LaZebnik) and "The Star of the Backstage" (Elisabeth Kiernen Averick) are nominated for WGA award
Is there a particular reason these two were nominated? 🤔The choice seems weird to me.
Some other episodes (like a Serious Flanders) were objectively more original, for example. But without knowing their precise criteria, it's quite hard to tell whether this pick is random or not.

Last edited:
I had reasons own every episodes cases, so just for these 2:
"Star" was very musical (so, much efforts in writing lyrics), well-hyped, with good story episode.
"Lackey" had HUGE hype about LGBT topic, but it didn't turn too far in the episode + (as I said in my review) they managed to mix gay, ecology and fashion themes in once + some emotions

Of course, people have different opinions, and, naturally, somebody can dislike the nominated.

Humour, characterisation etc put aside, the WGA being a writer award, I expected some other episodes to be nominated. I'm not saying the writing was bad in both episodes of course, but it didn't seem very distinctive or remarkable either. But you're right, it wouldn't be fair to judge the nominees based on one's personal taste.
Besides, I shouldn't be too surprised since their Simpsons-Nominees in the past were not always the most "acclaimed" episodes there were.
In either case, good for them & thanks for sharing it here!

Sorry for the double post fellas, but UABF09, UABF10, UABF11, UABF12, UABF13, UABF14, UABF15, UABF16, UABF17, UABF18, UABF19 and UABF20 are now also finally listed in WGA Directories along with UABF01 to UABF08, except for UABF21 and UABF22, of course

1642180194508.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back