Season 33 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so stupid lol, I was thinking about Godparents as in the Protestant faith which the Simpsons are. Never seen the movie Godfather so I didn't make the connection.
Religion meaning (which I also thought) also can be connected probably (1st act, for example), who knows. So, don't blame yourself😉

So brief they basically wrote the same thing twice. But whatever, this is one I'm actually looking forward to. Hopefully it makes up for A Serious Flanders even a little. Usually when shitty things happen to characters I like they still never get anything to even try make it up to them, usually they just die even more and otherwise only have the bare minimum of lines to justify a paycheck. So, good for Tony. Also a rare Maggie plot, sounds nice all around. Now we just need one with Lisa and then I think all of the main family have had a Fat Tony related plot. Unless I missed that.

You know, now that I think of it, seems like Mothers and Other Strangers is also gonna be an episode where it will have the Abe and Mona origin story, so that should be interesting to see

You know, now that I think of it, seems like Mothers and Other Strangers is also gonna be an episode where it will have the Abe and Mona origin story, so that should be interesting to see
What?!
First, wrong thread.
Second - it won't. It's obviously (and Jean said about it in some post) about the period AFTER Mona had left the family.
Third, you just copied my yesterday comment to AJ, where "I'd wish to see the beginning of Mona and Abe" and presented as YOUR thought, being honest :mad:
(Keeping calm) If nitpick to every word, origin stories may mean here those, which include characters/settings from a very past seasons. By this logic, Fatzcarraldo can be also origin story.
Forth
Al Jean has mentioned that the video ANIDOM released titled Drinking to Shrink the Problems is an outtake: He also mentioned that this episode will wrap up the Mona Arc, though let's be honest Glenn Close will be back just like Sideshow Bob.
"Wrap up" means "to end", "to finish", namely Jean has no more idea, how it could to continue Mons's backstory string so far, at last. Actually, Sideshow Bob's story has potential yet (let's said, his family life, past notes etc.).

Last edited:
"Wrap up" means "to end", "to finish", namely Jean has no more idea, how it could to continue Mons's backstory string so far, at last. Actually, Sideshow Bob's story has potential yet (let's said, his family life, past notes etc.).

We saw that video already posted here, what you what more?
I meant that Glenn Close is obviously gonna be back as Mona Simpson because no matter how many times they say they're done with her they always bring her back whether it be a dream or a ghost. I mean she's had more appearances after she died than while she lived. Also, I posted the video because Jean mentioned it's now been deleted from the episode.

I meant that Glenn Close is obviously gonna be back as Mona Simpson because no matter how many times they say they're done with her they always bring her back whether it be a dream or a ghost. I mean she's had more appearances after she died than while she lived. Also, I posted the video because Jean mentioned it's now been deleted from the episode.
1) Golden words. Classic 😁 Lucky, they didn't back her back to life as canon🤣 It would be too ridiculous
2) My apology, didn't notice "cut" word :oops:

Addendum to Mike Scully's departure - I just noticed his Halloween name this year was "Mike 'He Gone!' Scully", presumably an indication that, unlike his absences in Seasons 13 & 16 through the first half of 17, his departure is permanent?

Addendum to Mike Scully's departure - I just noticed his Halloween name this year was "Mike 'He Gone!' Scully", presumably an indication that, unlike his absences in Seasons 13 & 16 through the first half of 17, his departure is permanent?
Who knows? It could be permanent just for this UABF cycle, possibly

Huh. So, unless there's a contrived explanation about Homer experiencing memory loss afterwards, this will seemingly change the continuity. Previously, Homer had never encountered Mona in the years after she left when he was a child.

Huh. So, unless there's a contrived explanation about Homer experiencing memory loss afterwards, this will seemingly change the continuity. Previously, Homer had never encountered Mona in the years after she left when he was a child.

They said it was a tragedy so he might forgotten about it until something triggered his memory.

Interesting to see Selma and Fat Tony in the same shot despite what happened with them in The Real Housewives of Fat Tony.

And by the looks from the promo picture underneath the other 12, looks like we'll be getting a Christmas couch gag. That said, I won't need to ask one of the Simpsons crew (especially Al Jean) on Twitter if A Made Maggie will have a couch gag

what was the message you posted yesterday that you removed?
Oh, those were recent Al Jean words about "Itchy and Scratchy on Ice" at the end of A Made Maggie, but then I saw the first thread post with earlier Jean's post, where he had said the episode ends with it. Just inattention, forget.🙃
Interesting to see Selma and Fat Tony in the same shot despite what happened with them in The Real Housewives of Fat Tony.
She's chosen as Maggie's Godmother - this time in religion context

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back