Season 33 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S. I know Bohdan already asked Michael Price about what the name is for UABF20, but I actually don't really care at all! 😠
Seeing on this emoji, it can't said you really don't care😂 Whatever reason, who give that question?!🤷

Wow, that's really odd. Last time the such situation was in Shwartzwelder times John Frink wtote 2-in-a-row scripts in season 26 (if my memory serves).

It definitely will be interesting: one under Jean, and one under Selman:dance:And that's already for the 1st time.

Oh golly, I'm sorry Bohdan, I guess I was overreacting again. And I'm also sorry for being a bit mad too, so... If you'll excuse me, I suppose I shall go take a breather, and maybe I'll have to relax for the rest of today 😐

Sorry for the double post everyone, but here's a kind of a sneak peak video for Portrait of a Lackey on Fire (actually as you can see, the video is where the LaZebniks are talking about the upcoming Smithers episode) that I found from somewhere online that's inside the link down below:

https://nypost.com/2021/11/11/the-simpsons-landmark-gay-episode-keeps-it-in-the-family/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons
I'm so not looking forward to this episode. Sure it could pull a full 180, but based on the interview it feels like they're writing Smithers to be directly like Johnny. It feels like one of those "I want the character to be more relatable so I'm going to change them to be exactly like me" moves. They didn't choose Smithers because they want to explore him as a character, they chose him because of his sexuality.

based on the interview it feels like they're writing Smithers to be directly like Johnny.
That already was. I mean, The Burns Cage was dirrectly ("officially") written out of Johny. Listening this interview, I didn't have a feeling "Smithers' story is actually Johny's story" - rather they want ro reboot Smithers' character (again this theme of rebooting🙄). He should be independent from mr. Burns, he's "open" gay, and nobody matters etc. Yes, there can be similarity to Lazebnik Jr.'s real life story, but we can't say it for sure, maybe he just loved writing for Smithers. Also did Johny spoil the ending saying "being gay and single…", or I listened too much?

Also from article, we know the designer's surname is Michael De Graaf. That's all.

Last edited:
"The reasons to watch" PoaLoF from Johny Lazebnik
List them short:
  1. Smithers gets a German boyfriend
  2. It's a step forward for jewish rights (Johny is "the first jew who ever writes episode of The Simpsons"). Err, how about… ok forget😁
  3. Agness Skinner will finally show ass😳 All proceeds from this sce will be dinated to The Trevior Project
  4. Lisa says F-word toward Santa's Little Helper. Oh, f*ck!
  5. Maggie finally dies and will be recasted because of Elisabeth Tailor's death.
  6. The Simpsons are yellow because of… jaundice:ac:

Really F-word sence of humour 😂

I understood that's all just hipe jokes, only in item 5

Last edited:
Oh dear, Portrait of a Lackey on Fire would have to be the first time in a long time where one of the Simpsons characters swears or cusses

ShortList:
Can we expect new characters in the future that aren’t just guest stars?
AJ:
Comedian Michael Rapaport did a character a couple years ago and he is so funny, so great that we brought him back and he's going to be a semi regular. I do prefer to do less guest stars for guest stars’ sake. But I have an episode I wrote that’s coming out with Glenn Close as Homer’s mother. I always like bringing back great actors from our past who also play integral roles.

I got to say, Mothers and Other Strangers sounds like it's gonna be a really good and a very interesting episode, it also sounds very promising, not to mention

Dang, Mike Wegman is my least favorite guest character they've introduced in the past 10 years or so. He's not like the detonator, someone I wanted to appear again.

Also, less interesting paragraph🙃
Does working on a short influence the main series at all?
AJ:
It's so interesting because I started watching comedy shorts from Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin and was amazed at their economy of storytelling and just how there are these perfect little gems, so I try to now include more moments in the scripts I write that are like shorts, things you can lift out. I think that's a little bit how Pixar works is that they start with a basic set piece of 10 minutes and build out from it. I remember reading that it was their process which worked really well.

I do prefer to do less guest stars for guest stars’ sake.
Golden words! At last, they understood it🥲

Last edited:
Err... I did bet it would be a Mothers Day episode (it would be logical).

If so, AND 5th of Dec is repeat what we still don't know for sure now, then after 2nd Jan and starting from February 27th (the most probably day of return after "winter break") they will able to have just ONE "free" Sunday: either Oscar (27.03.22) or Easter (17.04.22) my vote for Oscar's one, in order to air 22 episodes in season.

If I remember correctly, Bob's Burgers is going to have 2-part season finale (probably locked the timeslot on the 22.05 date)

If so, AND 5th of Dec is repeat what we still don't know for sure now, then after 2nd Jan and starting from February 27th (the most probably day of return after "winter break") they will able to have just ONE "free" Sunday: either Oscar (27.03.22) or Easter (17.04.22) my vote for Oscar's one, in order to air 22 episodes in season.
I'll say it's probably because of the event of November 11th this year, perhaps? Also, FOXFLASH hasn't been updated lately since November 8th, so... What's going on with FOXFLASH recently?

Variety:
Next up, Jean teased that “The Simpsons” is working on a Spanish language-only short that won’t be for Disney Plus — but he won’t say much more beyond that: “The characters that appears with the Simpsons is Spanish language and all the dialogue is in Spanish. And all the signs are in Spanish, but I yeah, I can’t say too much.”

As for Disney Plus in 2022, “We’re pitching more out. I’m not saying we’re doing them but ‘She- Hulk’ is going to be big and then ‘Obi Wan.’ We’re too late to do ‘Boba Fett,’ which I think would have been cool. But I love doing them so you know we want to do more.”

Err... I did bet it would be a Mothers Day episode (it would be logical).

If I remember correctly, Bob's Burgers is going to have 2-part season finale (probably locked the timeslot on the 22.05 date)
If it's a choice between Easter and Oscars for a new episode, my vote is for Easter.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bob's Burgers has a two-parter on 5/22, since the movie will premiere five days later. However, Fox is taking a chance airing it from 8 to 9 instead of from 9 to 10, since that's when most of the show's fans will be expecting it.

I'll say it's probably because of the event of November 11th this year, perhaps? Also, FOXFLASH hasn't been updated lately since November 8th, so... What's going on with FOXFLASH recently?
Okay, I'll ask: what happened on Thursday, November 11 that would affect the Simpsons schedule? I know that the World Series game on 10/31 has nothing to do with whether or not there is a repeat on 12/5.

As for Foxflash, well, something did happen on 11/11; it was a national holiday, and it's possible that a lot of people took 11/12 off as well.

Okay, I'll ask: what happened on Thursday, November 11 that would affect the Simpsons schedule? I know that the World Series game on 10/31 has nothing to do with whether or not there is a repeat on 12/5.

As for Foxflash, well, something did happen on 11/11; it was a national holiday, and it's possible that a lot of people took 11/12 off as well.
I doubt that. So I guess we'll have to wait until Monday before we find out what will happen on December 5th later this year

Man, when I watched this video in Streamable, that was pretty interesting I will say. I'm so looking forward to Part 2 later tonight though, it even seems very promising already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back