Season 33 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit, I'm pretty excited for Mothers and Other Strangers. I hope it's a hit.

It came from TV Line article, which has also wider synopsis
When Ned Flanders finds a bag of money and donates it to a local orphanage, he lands himself, and a very jealous Homer, in the crosshairs of a ruthless criminal debt collector who will stop at nothing to get it back,” reads the episode’s official synopsis. “Sex, violence, pretentious needle-drops and superfluous flashbacks abound.”

Upd. In case you don't visit Fox Sunday Speculation thread😌: Dec 12th date now is officially preempted for all AniDom shows - because Miss Universe Presentation (from Futoncritic)

Last edited:
Same thing Selman said? Or Groening saying there are Canon episodes and Non Canon episodes? Selman's explanation on this whole thing make no sense, I mean, Screen Rant wrote a well written article regarding this, if your interested, link to it here: https://screenrant.com/simpsons-selman-no-canon-inconsistent-continuity-biggest-problem/

Another one here as well that goes along with the first: https://screenrant.com/simpsons-season-33-premiere-canon-continuity-retcon-mistake-why/
Something about how every episode could essentially be its own universe, sorry I don't remember the exact wording. I spent like a half-hour trying to find it but there's so much garbage clickbait clogging up search results

Something about how every episode could essentially be its own universe, sorry I don't remember the exact wording. I spent like a half-hour trying to find it but there's so much garbage clickbait clogging up search results
That's baffling to hear the man himself say that. I bet the other writers and Selman fed his head with BS to get him to say and think that. Why is it all the sudden that the show has to be this level of complicated by the way Selman says it? Its stupid and overdone, Its a damn simple animated sitcom, not this Albert Einstein complicated type crap which most of it makes no sense on Selman's end.

Forgetting about Selman - Is it normal to say all the time Lisa was born in 1984 now? (especially if hypothetically you're new Simpsons viewer) Even if The Simpsons definitely did live in 2000s, 2010s and are living in 2020s with the same age? Is it a normal "canon following"?

IMHO, this became a problem with... Selman (remind him) - correctly with "That's 90s Show" (without saying about the episode quality itself), where "hey, this episode story timeline CUT any events, which took part in earlier seasons and considered as classic", problem shown. Yes, you can agree with him like "it's the CURRENT time, the 1990s episodes never cut bla-bla-bla", or, at least, take The Simpsons as a cartoon with whatever "cartoonish" (if you want this word) rules.

The only clear state in the post: maybe is there already an entire thread for this "canon" discussing? Sorry, but sometimes it's really irritating to read again and again all these things, trying to find season 33 info. 😅

Forgetting about Selman - Is it normal to say all the time Lisa was born in 1984 now? (especially if hypothetically you're new Simpsons viewer) Even if The Simpsons definitely did live in 2000s, 2010s and are living in 2020s with the same age? Is it a normal "canon following"?

IMHO, this became a problem with... Selman (remind him) - correctly with "That's 90s Show" (without saying about the episode quality itself), where "hey, this episode story timeline CUT any events, which took part in earlier seasons and considered as classic", problem shown. Yes, you can agree with him like "it's the CURRENT time, the 1990s episodes never cut bla-bla-bla", or, at least, take The Simpsons as a cartoon with whatever "cartoonish" (if you want this word) rules.

The only clear state in the post: maybe is there already an entire thread for this "canon" discussing? Sorry, but sometimes it's really irritating to read again and again all these things, trying to find season 33 info. 😅
Wasn’t talking to you but ok...

Dude, it's a forum. Anyone can respond to your posts regardless of who you're quoting?
Last time I checked, it typically shows who you are replying to above with a quote. Secondly, sure "anyone" can respond to posts on a forum, but that doesn't mean that you "have" to.

This forum has a long-running ”rule” that you’re not supposed to quote posts directly above yours. There is often backlash from certain people if one does. And yes, he didn’t have to respond to the post, but he had something to say, so he decided to respond.

Now, that’s enough of this silly argument; we have season 33 information to discuss.

This forum has a long-running ”rule” that you’re not supposed to quote posts directly above yours. There is often backlash from certain people if one does. And yes, he didn’t have to respond to the post, but he had something to say, so he decided to respond.

Now, that’s enough of this silly argument; we have season 33 information to discuss.
Only reason I mentioned the whole canon thing was because a user stated on a page or so prior on this thread that the 2 part episode coming up is non canon, so that’s why I said something about the whole canon thing. I didn’t just bring it up out of the blue.

Plus, I was mainly replying to another Staff member’s quote on that same topic as well that replied to my original comment on that. That’s all, not trying to derail anything here...

It's a good thing they got out ahead of tonight's episode to announce it as "non-canon", because we're already getting people screaming about the deaths.

Attention everyone! There will be a UABF20 table read later this coming Thursday

And just to warn Phantom123 aka AlwaysWondered right now, that he won't need to worry about asking one of the Simpsons crew (especially Al Jean) on Twitter about what the episode name will be for UABF20 later this Thursday at all, I'm just saying. In other words, I hope Phantom123 AKA AlwaysWondered will understand

Last edited:
NEWS (see signature):
1) There will be a new episode on 1/2/22 at 9 PM. Source - Fox. Really unusual time - airdate is the closest to New Year.
Sunday, Jan. 2:
8:00-9:00 PM ET/5:00-6:00 PM PT NEXT LEVEL CHEF (Series Premiere)
Live to all time zones
9:00-9:30 PM THE SIMPSONS (Special Time)
9:30-10:00 PM THE GREAT NORTH (Special Time)

2) "Very likely" it will be "The Longest Marge". Again, Al Jean had said, "Pixelated and Afraid" will be "the 1st or 2nd episode of 2022". For some reason?🤷‍♂️ Or 12/5 airdate won't be empty (repeat)…
1636440674103.png

До слова, так класно було хоч на один день писати рідною мовою)

Last edited:
Heads up! There are now January 2022 and February 2022 airdates for one of the FOX cartoons up in The Futon Critic. Plus, some of the other January dates will likely be a repeat, except January 2nd

Last edited:
Heads up! There are now January 2022 and February 2022 airdates for one of the FOX cartoons up in The Futon Critic. Plus, some of the other January dates will likely be a repeat, except January 2nd
A Fox press release appears to confirm that there will be a new episode on 1/2 at 9:00 Eastern (and Pacific); the same press release says that it will be pre-empted on 1/9 (Fox will air Call Me Kat, Pivoting, Bob's Burgers, and Family Guy).

I hope somebody remembered to tell Fox either (a) don't re-air Next Level Chef in the Pacific time zone at 8:00, or (b) to remind the affiliates not to air their own shows at 9:00 like they usually do when there is Fox programming at 5:00.

Remember that listing TBA dates as new episodes doesn't necessarily mean there will be new episodes. I doubt Fox will air a new episode on 1/23 against an NFL division-round playoff game on CBS, or on either 2/6 or 2/20 against the Winter Olympics on NBC.

A Fox press release appears to confirm that there will be a new episode on 1/2 at 9:00 Eastern (and Pacific); the same press release says that it will be pre-empted on 1/9 (Fox will air Call Me Kat, Pivoting, Bob's Burgers, and Family Guy).

I hope somebody remembered to tell Fox either (a) don't re-air Next Level Chef in the Pacific time zone at 8:00, or (b) to remind the affiliates not to air their own shows at 9:00 like they usually do when there is Fox programming at 5:00.

I also seriously doubt there will be a new episode on 1/23 against an NFL division-round playoff game on CBS, and have some doubts of a new episode against a wild-card round game on NBC on 1/16 as well.
Hey Don, you know, that's because The Longest Marge will air on January 2nd from what we heard (what could be special about The Longest Marge I wonder?) in the new year. But if that's already the case, then it sounds like The Longest Marge is also gonna be very promising as well

The Longest Marge will air on January 2nd from what we heard (what could be special about The Longest Marge I wonder?) in the new year. But if that's already the case, then it sounds like The Longest Marge is also gonna be very promising as well
May I ask what is the connection between the release date of the episode and whether it is "very promising"?😅 The only thing that distinguishes it is the date, so close to the New Year for the first time (we can say that this is part of the New Year's weekend). At the same time, it is doubtful that the plot is somehow connected with the New Year.

So this is just random decision of crew (to swap UABF04 and 05), or, as I said, both 12/5 and 12/19 won't be empty dates…

Last edited:
Oh, there was also an another sneak peak video that shows Part 2 of A Serious Flanders as well, but unfortunately, nobody from Canada could watch the other sneak peak video on YouTube:

But on the other hand, I did upload the other sneak peak video into Streamable today. So here's an another link down below for anybody for those whose from Canada to see it

https://streamable.com/q16vja

... an actual funny moment with edgelord? Well guess part 2 has at least one surprise

EDIT: Also if that's not the end of the ep this also points towards a final shootout being in the school. Because that'd be the most unexpected and ~edgy~ place to do that. And there's been plenty of examples of that group being compeltely expendable murder-fodder for the sake of it.

Last edited:
Oh, guys? I almost forgot to mention, that I guess I was right six months ago that Matthew Nastuk would be the director for The Longest Marge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back