Season 33 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else seem to notice that they've been hiring a lot of new writers and/or having freelance writers get involved more? I wonder if they are going to do another overhaul of their creative team like they did in the 2000s?

Did anyone else seem to notice that they've been hiring a lot of new writers and/or having freelance writers get involved more? I wonder if they are going to do another overhaul of their creative team like they did in the 2000s?
I did. Nick Dahan, Broti Gupta, Cesar Mesa…, Jessica Conrad and others (most of which are women🙋‍♀️). In U-cycle there aren't much of freelance writers yet (well, Jonny Lazebnik not count). Yes, that was noticible in previous Q-cycle (Q1-3 were written by freelancers).

As for replacement, well the most close was Jeff Westbrook, who was absent for a year in show, but by now all are involved (listed in that WGA writers list)

BTW, the new directors are also often case. At least 2 if current old-time Simpsons firectors are going to left the show: Mark Kirkland, who likeky devoted himself to Housebroken and other projects, and Bob Anderson, who akipped whole Q-cycle (of course, he will probably return, but that will less of his work. Lance Kramer is also there, but he has a still trend to skip just one cycle and return

Last edited:
Eh, they kinda already did that with the subplot from Sleeping with the Enemy. Though there's something about it this time that worries me that it might go into very special episode territory like the latest episode did.

It is true they already did a similar story, but not as main story and like I said in my previous post, I have to wonder if they are doing some sort of positive message story (and hopefully not make it feel too "very special episode"-like with a bit of a PSA nature to it).

And as for the increase in newcomer and freelance directors, I am all okay with that as it definitely gives some new blood and creativity, fresh perspectives & maybe also tonalities. I don't think it'll change things a lot, but it is nice to see new talents.

Last edited:
So, it's come to this. Lenny episode coming... Actually, NOT I'm a FAKE NEWS!, but Selman "would like to do it", so it's just about time (source 2:20)
Also, (from Al Jean) "Pretty Whittle Liar" is about Cletus' life with Brandine (as I heard). Please check-out both, cause I heard not clearly
And here's a link down below for those who lives in Canada:
How about Ukraine, India, Australia, or any other NON-US part of the world?😁

So, it's come to this. Lenny episode coming... Actually, NOT I'm a FAKE NEWS!, but Selman "would like to do it", so it's just about time (source 2:20)
Also, (from Al Jean) "Pretty Whittle Liar" is about Cletus' life with Brandine (as I heard). Please check-out both, cause I heard not clearly

How about Ukraine, India, Australia, or any other NON-US part of the world?😁
Oh okay, I'll try to keep that in mind next time. And wow, an another Cletus episode later this season as well, huh? Pretty Whittle Liar could be very interesting to see

Well of course Shauna is the first character he thinks of "what other residents have to say" or whatever.
... between her and the Spucklers I'm legitimately wondering if he's Neurodivergent. I'm not sure how someone gets so obssessed with a character without being ND in some way.
I mean, it'd at least make the obsession more understandable. As well as that time the show constantly used Crazy Cat Lady. I've been trying to catch it but I hyperfixate on things almost all of the time so I'd get that.

Well of course Shauna is the first character he thinks of "what other residents have to say" or whatever.
... between her and the Spucklers I'm legitimately wondering if he's Neurodivergent. I'm not sure how someone gets so obssessed with a character without being ND in some way.
I mean, it'd at least make the obsession more understandable. As well as that time the show constantly used Crazy Cat Lady. I've been trying to catch it but I hyperfixate on things almost all of the time so I'd get that.
I'm interested in this character that Jean says will be deaf. I'm hoping they don't joke about the fact that there deaf or anything and treat it like it's normal. Also, as for the Shauna thing, let's be honest Al Jean is obsessed with any character Tress MacNeille plays. Agnes, Crazy Cat Lady, Brandine, etc.

I'm interested in this character that Jean says will be deaf. I'm hoping they don't joke about the fact that there deaf or anything and treat it like it's normal. Also, as for the Shauna thing, let's be honest Al Jean is obsessed with any character Tress MacNeille plays. Agnes, Crazy Cat Lady, Brandine, etc.
Come to think of it, we haven't really got a Agnes-centric episode or a Crazy Cat Lady-centric episode yet either. Again, I could be wrong though

We had a cat lady subplot in an ep or two. And boy meets curl iirc was partly Agnes... but I've not seen either of them that much lately. That and they either used to be or sometimes can be funny so it's less of a thing than Shauna.

Grampy can Ya hear me also include Agnes subplot. Perhaps, the "canon" backstory of her relationships with Skinner. Also, she was one, who Lisa helped in Werking Mom (Amely subplot). Luckily, in recent years she's not overused as it used to be.
Al Jean and Matt Selman talking about Treehouse of Horror, including the Simpsons clips for Treehouse of Horror XXXII

Meta-opening (Homer broke 4th fall talking with Marge about count of following stories)? At least not another random parody. Interesting.

And in the Treehouse of Horror XXXII promo video on Twitter, Kang broke the 4th wall about how many deaths this year's Treehouse of Horror will have

Please update first post:
Al Jean is show-running at least 4 episodes for production season 33. (Al Jean, Disney+)
He runned at least 5: UABF02, 3, 9, 10 and 15 so far
Barney has a featured part in an episode. (Michael Price)
Price could mean The Star of The Backstage - "feature part, but not big"
There's a big Smithers episode with a Burns subplot, and another episode where Burns and Marge share a storyline. (Michael Price)
We already know that's Portrait of Lackey on Fire, and The Longest Marge.
Broti Gupta is writing for the show. (Broti Gupta)
Her written effort was revealed - UABF16 - so that's info already outdated
  • In other fall episodes, "We have a romance that may come to stick in Moe's life..." Jean said. (Entertainment Weekly)
  • One upcoming episode will about Moe's love life. (IGN)
99% The Wayz We Were - Moe + Maya

+ update airdates for A Serious Flanders and Portrait of Lackey on Fire (source here), Mothers and Others Strangers (source here) as 6-9 episodes on Nov 7, 14, 21, 28 respectively. A Made Maggie will air on Dec 19 (Jean's source posted here), but not sure about order.

Looks like all of Fox's NFL games are going to end around 7:30 Eastern, so the episode airs on time tonight. I just wonder how much of a "football boost" the show gets from a long postgame show rather than having an actual game run close to 8:00.

Looks like all of Fox's NFL games are going to end around 7:30 Eastern, so the episode airs on time tonight. I just wonder how much of a "football boost" the show gets from a long postgame show rather than having an actual game run close to 8:00.
Oh golly gee, I hope so. 😐 Otherwise, we wouldn't want Treehouse of Horror XXXII to be delayed tonight

Probably not much. Because as I've said ad-nauseam, if the game runs too long and delays the start of the show, people who had planned to DVR the show but have no time to adjust the recording would have no choice but to tune into the show live, thus leading to a big boost in the ratings. Though if it's still a long postgame show, it's likely that people having gatherings relating to the game would leave the TV on in the background as they just socialize and eat and drink etc., not really paying attention to what's on the TV. Someone could glance over and be like, "Oh, I didn't know the Simpsons was still on," and go back to what he or she was doing.

Has Michael Price's departure from the producer credits been commented on yet? The show currently has just seven co-executive producers (Burns, Cohen, Kelley, Koh, LaZebnik, Nangle and Vebber), which I think is the lowest it's been for quite some time (the peak was the start of the MABF production cycle with 12).

Al Jean is nice. I remembered once i had Twitter and he told me that 26.07 would be about Bart and his new teacher, and also about Burning Man. He also told me the title of 26.11.
But he should have left the show, since.

Has Michael Price's departure from the producer credits been commented on yet?
Yes, for what I recall he hasn't left the show, he just needed some time to focus on the ending of his other show "F is for Family", He has a script on the works and will probably return to producers credits early in the UABF cicle.

Don't forget Jeff Westbrook, he's already gone as well. But I think he'll also return to the producers credits in the UABF cycle too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back