Season 33 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now that I think about it, I don't think we've ever got a Luigi-centric episode before, haven't we?

Apparently tomorrow's episode is another co-effort between Jean & Selman so now I'm curious to see how Bill's cameo will be handled if there's no couch gag.

And another thing, I can't wait to see Scott Hanson appear in Bart's in Jail, although I did originally say that I wasn't looking forward to Bart's in Jail, but now I actually am looking forward to an another new Simpsons episode. Then again, what could possibly go wrong tomorrow night?

Or Swole = lose consciousness = (in simple language) suddenly fall with sorta comma state. At least my translator translate in such way, and for me it sounds much better (in way of quality and possible plot twist).

Also, am I the only, who thinks "Lisa's Belly" means not "Lisa has Belly", but "Lisa IS Belly" and "Belly" is that hurtful word Marge said?🤔
Your translator is speaking nonsense, and yes, you're the only one who thinks that.

Swole is slang for very muscular like Goku from Dragonball. So the plot is going to involve Bart working out. It seems like this is going to be a body image episode, possibly with Lisa becoming anorexic. I have an eating disorder so such an episode would be hard to watch.

Swole is slang for very muscular like Goku from Dragonball. So the plot is going to involve Bart working out. It seems like this is going to be a body image episode, possibly with Lisa becoming anorexic. I have an eating disorder so such an episode would be hard to watch.
Is it weird I'm already comparing it to that Family Guy episode where Stewie takes steroids?

May I remind you, this Simpsons-related thread has nothing to do with Family Guy. There is already a Family Guy-related thread somewhere in NHC though. Any of you are more than welcome to check the Family Guy Discussion Thread whenever you want to sometime. Although Peter Griffin did appear in Treehouse of Horror XIII one time

Last edited:
It’s great to be back! I’m glad there’s a revamp of the mobile site, I can finally browse on the toilet!

Looking forward to new content. Not sure if it’ll be good though…

Thanks to Kelsey Sanders for providing the info (via my, TSNF's DM)🥰
A Serious Flanders Part 1 Nov 7th
A Serious Flanders Part 2 Nov 14th
(really silly decision to put a2 parts of one story on different 'football boost' Sundays WITH ability to put on both boosted)

Also, you can see Jean said for Dec 21st for "Portrait of Lackey on Fire", but it's obviously a typo. Perhaps he meant Nov 21st?
1633325076491.png

Last edited:
I think Al Jean probably meant to say December 12th, or maybe he meant to say November 21st, I don't know

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, but did any of you guys happen to see the promo video for Treehouse of Horror XXXII on YouTube today or not yet?

Sorry for the double post, but did any of you guys happen to see the promo video for Treehouse of Horror XXXII on YouTube today or not yet?
I refuse all the tasks to check YouTube, Simpsons and Anidom twitter pages, but NO, there isn't anything yet.:censored:It's really early to put promo-video just after a day (even less) previous episode aired.
Keep patience!

last episode they put the actual episode previews hours after it ended lol
also it's safe to say, being dec 21 not a Sunday and close to Xmas, it's going to be the one after a serious flanders (part 2)

Last edited:
Article talking about the new Simpsons Treehouse of Horror along with the new TOH poster

Here's what the THOH XXXII poster looks like
271d114f3df656c5fa8fa65b7d8cfb29

Anyway, the segment names will be called 'Bong Joon Ho’s ‘This Side of Parasite', 'Bambi', 'Nightmare on Elm Tree', 'Poetic Interlude' and 'The Ringer'

Lisa's eyes look is AWESOME. Also that lots of corses spoil the segment go.

It's a pretty good idea for a fanfic to make a segment about TikTok... Oh wait is it real?
Actually, I love the idea. Not fresh (it could done much earlier), but TikTok is still actual thing
'Bong Joon Ho’s ‘This Side of Parasite', 'Bambi', 'Nightmare on Elm Tree'
Those titles are really lame. 'Bambi'? Really? Are you lazy or serious?

Last edited:
Sounds like this'll be on-par with most of the THoH's within the last few years where one idea might be decent but nothing is done with it while the rest are crap (especially since they'll have less time for each thanks to there being two more).

I really cannot get past the fact this 'Treehouse Of Horror' will be cluttered with five segments. Like, I can imagine a couple ending up good, but I would not be so sure even regarding that. That said, it will be interesting to see how this one experimental 'Treehouse' will turn out.

I'm kind of surprised they waited this long to make a Ring parody in a THoH. Not that I expect much from it though.

Still, 5 segments is still too much and there's no way the Parasite parody is gonna work in 5 minutes or less.

If they really want to cram as many stories as they can into a single episode, they should push the experimental side further, something a la 22 Short Films About Springfield or what Brad suggested last year for Now Museum, Now You Don't. That should make it at least interesting to watch.

I'm kind of surprised they waited this long to make a Ring parody in a THoH. Not that I expect much from it though.

Still, 5 segments is still too much and there's no way the Parasite parody is gonna work in 5 minutes or less.

If they really want to cram as many stories as they can into a single episode, they should push the experimental side further, something a la 22 Short Films About Springfield or what Brad suggested last year for Now Museum, Now You Don't. That should make it at least interesting to watch.
Unless if the Parasite part could be the opening segment for THOH XXXII

My best guess for approximate runtimes for these segments...

THOH opening segment sending up Bambi... 2:30
This Side of Parasite... 6:00
Nightmare on Elm Tree... 6:30
Poetic Interlude... 1:20
The Ringer... 4:20
End Credits filled w/ Halloween Puns... :50

We'll have a trite but cute opening, a Parasite homage that comes off rushed and half-baked (see Danger Things from 2 years ago... we'll even have Kirk and Luann filling up time just like in that segment), a middle segment full of lame tree puns that still feels over long, a sweet little Dark Stanley time-filler that we've already watched in full (which gets bonus points for its Phonics Frog appearance), a Ring parody that amounts to little more than Lisa making social commentary about a popular streaming platform that'll be over almost as soon as it starts and then the end credits.

My best guess for approximate runtimes for these segments...

THOH opening segment sending up Bambi... 2:30
This Side of Parasite... 6:00
Nightmare on Elm Tree... 6:30
Poetic Interlude... 1:20
The Ringer... 4:20
End Credits filled w/ Halloween Puns... :50

We'll have a trite but cute opening, a Parasite homage that comes off rushed and half-baked (see Danger Things from 2 years ago... we'll even have Kirk and Luann filling up time just like in that segment), a middle segment full of lame tree puns that still feels over long, a sweet little Dark Stanley time-filler that we've already watched in full (which gets bonus points for its Phonics Frog appearance), a Ring parody that amounts to little more than Lisa making social commentary about a popular streaming platform that'll be over almost as soon as it starts and then the end credits.
Speaking of Halloween puns, Cesar Mazariegos might have a Midsommar pun. He's currently known as 'Midsommazariegos (2019)' on Twitter as of this month. And it sounds like some of the segments for THOH XXXII might be a bit creepy too

For what it's worth, the whole "5 segments" buzz is tantamount to hyperbole. They're pitching it because they think sending up 5 unique things sounds good for marketing purposes when it actually sounds terrible to us because no segment will be allowed to breathe or deliver.

Truth be told, though... we've been treated to 2 to 2 1/2 minute openings on the regular for a while now. And them going to the Dark Stanley "show's too short" well (a la The D'oh-cial Network) for 80 seconds is just 'cause one of their segments was thin on content... most likely The Ring / TikTok send-up given the order of mentions in the Yahoo! preview. The other two segments will wind up just as long and substantial through the first two acts as most others the past few seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back